blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:10:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Wild Rollercoaster - Just A Kid With A Lifelong Dream
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Wild Rollercoaster - Just A Kid With A Lifelong Dream  (Read 99858 times)
Ice Shade
The Forming Pride Of Nottingham

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2013, 03:28:59 AM »

where do you sell action and at what markup?

sorry if i overlooked but what about online? it would seem perfect with your gaming background.

Usually sell on facebook seeing as that's 1. the place that always sells and 2. because i meet none of the requirements on ANY forum to actually post on the backing sections :-D

I always sell at spot price with stakeback, but with a cut for myself off the top. What that cut is naturally is open to people throwing me suggestions about what i should be playing for or what they are willing to buy at. Anything between 90/10 and 75/25 in the backers favour usually. Unless i am capable of putting money in myself and the event is of a reasonable size, then it's straight spot. I used to charge markup but that was before i understood what it was or it's implications, as such i just don't anymore.

Online i've never quite had the bankroll to be able to give it a proper stab, as such my results are largely sporadic and to be honest most come from the 09/10 period where i didn't take online seriously at all and saw it as a break from live (stupid idea in hindsight, but cant change the past). You are right in the gaming aspect in the sense that when someone suggested HEM2 to me it took somewhere in the region of about ten seconds to get used to it and a day of fiddling about to have a HUD set up to my preferences. The analytical maths side appeals quite alot too. I'd give online a go though in the future for sure.

so if you sell at spot, but leave a cut for yourself off the top, surely that means your selling at mark up!? or have i missed something :p

Probably, not gonna lie I'm still not 100% clued up on the whole thing xD

Winning Isnt Everything...Wanting To Is...
Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2013, 01:23:21 PM »

Festive Greetings

Not 100% sure how much I'll be on here over the next 4-5 days, missus going back home and family get-togethers becoming more frequent, I'll get on for short bursts, that'll be about it

So from me to all of your families, have a wonderful Christmas :-)

Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2013, 04:23:46 PM »

Dreaming Of A Christmas....Where I Get Out Of The House!

It'd be funny if it wasn't hideously true...

Christmas as usual went really well, decent chunk of change, few new clothes that I've been in dire need of for some time, more alcohol than common sense and the obligatory game that sees me glued to the house for life. This time, Gran Tursimo 6...good lord.

Spent the last few days literally tearing up the online community. Fortunately I completely forgot my password from the old account so got the privilege of making a new one and pulling an isildur on everyone's ass...nobody knew it was me, the same old faces were playing online...and they all lost. Hard.

Five days, 62% single player completed, over 90 cars in the collection, 8 million credits in the bank and a 73-4 record online to put me in the top 30 in the country....I hadn't played this for AGES...as close to a brag as I'll ever get :-D

And This Is Why I'm Always Broke!

My money management is completely hideous and this Christmas is no exception. Spent a decent amount of stuff I actually wanted to buy along with nights out and such but the short of it is that two games, five days and one poker tournament have seen me smash through the best part of £350....I really need to get a grip on this shit :-/

Fortunately I've got upwards of £6,000 coming in across the next five months and it's staggered enough that I'll be capable of going the distance with it. I've also had a word with my bank to set up a standing order and two bank accounts, so effectively I pay myself pocket money rather than having access to it all in one go...needs to happen really.

Got the GPS Nottingham and the UKPC in my sights, should be interesting as I've only ever played on a tour once, so hope it's as fun as I've been told...that and good old gilly is 1-0 up on final tables in the GPS, sure I'm not as good as him yet, but damn I can dream to even the score!

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2013, 05:26:39 PM »

glad to here you had a good xmas.
 surely you could pop back to your old school in the new year, and bum hunt your old teachers out of their salaries again in order to get back the £350?
Cheesy

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
dakky

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2013, 08:59:01 PM »

How have you done three degrees at 22? I read the post about america etc, not that I understood it all.

What is a clearing year?
Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2013, 12:00:04 PM »

surely you could pop back to your old school in the new year, and bum hunt your old teachers out of their salaries again in order to get back the £350?
Cheesy

Haha I haven't actually visited in years...be nice to see old faces
Knowing my bloody luck they'd take everything else off me Tongue

How have you done three degrees at 22? I read the post about america etc, not that I understood it all.

What is a clearing year?

A clearing year is basically being at a university who only took you on to fill up places, usually with less grades than they actually required to get on the course in normal time
As for three degrees at 22 it basically goes as follows

Derby University 2010-2011: Business Studies - Was a shithole, nothing was good about the course, got out asap
Nottingham Trent 2011-2013: International Business - Was going fine but languages proved a downfall...when i came back after america i was a module down (It was going to be taken in america) so basically couldn't finish this course at all
Nottingham Trent 2013-2014: International Business Administration - This is what im on now, and what i'll finish on too

Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2013, 12:38:06 PM »

New Years Resolutions

Why the hell I even do these I'm not completely sure. Considering, like all NYR they just get ditched in under a few months....but at least the ones for this year are not only needed, but tie in nicely to the things I've been planning anyway :-)

Get Fit Again
This one fits into most peoples resolutions and is the only generic one there is. I used to actually have a fairly decent physique back in the day, but alot of comfort eating and general bullshit on my part has resulted in being pretty damn fat at present. I've got a university gym until august at the kind of prices a normal working person would kill for...why not abuse it? Plus I actually dislike how I look at the moment...so it needs fixing

Be A LoL Platinum Player By Season 4's End
One not many of you will understand but happy to explain if asked. League has now taken over from StarCraft and I want to get to the heights of this game just as I would any other. Platinum 5 is not alot to ask given the volume being put in. I could sit here going for Diamond but this seems reachable with enough effort...it requires around a 60% win rate I reckon, and that's doable with some hard work :-)

Play In My First £1,000 Event
This will take either a satellite win (and im talking two or three steps worth) Or some serious backing, I suspect it'll be the latter and I'll be playing for a silly percentage again. But this year there are so many amazing £1k's that I'd be a fool to miss some of them. My eye is squared on two events, the UKPC and UKIPT Nottingham...Obviously if a Monte Carlo gets announced I will try to abuse the inevitable sattelites used to avoid an overlay. Plus I'm going to be coming up to my 5th year playing on the actual scene....If I don't start playing marquee events soon then I don't personally feel I'm giving this the full attention it deserved. Playing in only one UKIPT will not suffice anymore.

Profit £20,000 For The Year
I've cashed for £7,800 in 2013, with an average buyin of £87.86 per event playing 42 events on the year. Not amazing, but it was a profiting year so I can be fairly happy for that...This target is a modest one seeing I plan to increase the events in all regards and that I consider myself better (even if only slightly) now than at the start of last year.

Win 10,000 Points At OFC (All Variants)
This is my goal that is far reaching...but it's hardly impossible. Now that online OFC exists along with the fact I see this being the year it kicks off in style with regards to sanctioned events and such, Finding people to play will not be hard. Now take note this says a points goal, sure I could just get all this playing €0.02pp but they'd be no fun in that. True to form I'm not massively interested in profits and results...but to improve. As such a performance, not monetary goal, is needed.

Be Sponsored By A Known Brand For One Event
Here is the dream. Not to be sponsored because of a satellite win. Not to be wearing a patch simply out of loyalty. But for a known quantity to see potential in me for the effort I put in. Sure this one is borderline impossible (Given the talent on this very forum, for me to get this above them would be beyond immense). But hey, nobody ever said ALL of these have to be realistic. And considering the others are all possible why not have one above the rest ;-)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 03:30:33 PM by Ice Shade » Logged

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2013, 03:12:56 PM »

Cheesy

What is a clearing year?

A clearing year is basically being at a university who only took you on to fill up places, usually with less grades than they actually required to get on the course in normal time

Derby University 2010-2011: Business Studies - Was a shithole, nothing was good about the course, got out asap
Nottingham Trent 2011-2013: International Business - Was going fine but languages proved a downfall...when i came back after america i was a module down (It was going to be taken in america) so basically couldn't finish this course at all
Nottingham Trent 2013-2014: International Business Administration - This is what im on now, and what i'll finish on too

So you haven't actually got three degrees then! Cheesy

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2013, 03:21:05 PM »

cash or profit for £20k?

paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2013, 04:01:45 PM »

U play ofc on a site? I'm up for playing ofc for super low stakes or so

Just me
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2013, 04:27:12 PM »

Just me
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2013, 05:57:24 PM »

What class you play in League?

Race in starcraft?
Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2014, 03:29:51 PM »

Cheesy

What is a clearing year?

So you haven't actually got three degrees then! Cheesy

God no ahaha, i could go back and finish them all but meh, only if the job market proves to be dog.

cash or profit for £20k?

Profit, No use having five figures and living on the street ;-)

TonyBet yeah, only online site that runs it at present. And sure happy to have a game, they've got limits from €0.02 to €1 per point and im rolled for most of them.

What class you play in League?

Race in starcraft?

For league my main is AD carry with Sivir, secondary being a jungle Nasus

As for starcraft it's zerg i played the most, always was a fan of the rush

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2014, 03:31:41 PM »

Not sure if Id play OFC online unless I knew my opponent. Are the games popular there?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2014, 03:40:15 PM »

Not sure if Id play OFC online unless I knew my opponent. Are the games popular there?

As you'd expect it's just starting up so at the most there can be around 70 people online...that said it seems to be picking up day by day.
I actually thought the same until the site came up but the players are so bad i've started not to care. The software seems strong enough.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: