blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:37:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Wild Rollercoaster - Just A Kid With A Lifelong Dream
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Wild Rollercoaster - Just A Kid With A Lifelong Dream  (Read 100066 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2014, 11:18:33 PM »

My student loan is soon so i will utilize that as much as i can.

Quite a brave thing to post on the internet!

Having said that, I do know someone who got their £1100 instalment in their bank account in September and, as soon as it cleared, went straight to London to buy into a WSOPE Event. He didn't win.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2014, 11:28:04 PM »

where do you live? with parents or in accomodation? dont you need your loan for food and everyday stuff?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 06, 2014, 01:49:34 AM »

where do you live? with parents or in accomodation? dont you need your loan for food and everyday stuff?

Probably. But that's no fun innit.

Spinnnnnnnn

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Ice Shade
The Forming Pride Of Nottingham

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: January 06, 2014, 11:12:11 AM »

Spin spin spinnnn!

Nah in complete fairness that loan will go to Uni materials and travel for the duration. But the loan is designed to make things more comfortable for you while you are there also. And this makes me more comfortable than anything else. It's not like I'm planning to nuke the entire lot on buyins, even if I wish I could/would/should xD

Winning Isnt Everything...Wanting To Is...
Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: January 06, 2014, 11:13:22 AM »

Parents until I've got a stable job, then moving in with the girlfriend. It does pay for everyday stuff, I just live like a true student...on scratch. Which means alot of it is spare money.

JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 06, 2014, 12:48:16 PM »

Spin spin spinnnn!

Nah in complete fairness that loan will go to Uni materials and travel for the duration. But the loan is designed to make things more comfortable for you while you are there also. And this makes me more comfortable than anything else. It's not like I'm planning to nuke the entire lot on buyins, even if I wish I could/would/should xD

isn't it? Wink

Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: January 06, 2014, 09:45:55 PM »

Spin spin spinnnn!

isn't it? Wink

Damn you gilly. Damn you ye of little faith! Wink

Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: January 08, 2014, 10:10:05 PM »

Common Sense....A Failing Quality

That pretty much defines my life...I preach common sense and detest stupidity in all of its forms. Yet practicing what I preach has become increasingly difficult over the years...Emotions take over, desire overrides normality...everything goes out of the window the second I care for, or have a passion for, anything in my life...This year and this moment are no exception.

I've spent weeks pushing to play the GPS this weekend...contacted countless backers both new and old, posted online more times than I care to mention and worked my budget pretty much as well as I can...To no avail. With two days to go until my preferred day one I'm sitting here with 14% locked up, all the loyal backers dead due to Christmas (nothing against it, totally understand) and no more coming out of the woodwork in a last ditch Lazarus attempt to save me from my own insanity or have the faith in me to carry out a task ive been all giddy for for months...

So what now?

Do I just give up on the idea of playing my first tour event of the year? Letting only the second backing venture of my life fail and easily the highest profile of them...To you guys that might not sound that bad but my backers are not poker players, they do not see things through our eyes...they don't see that events can occasionally not fire for events in or out of our control...all they see (and I have been told this from their own mouths) is a failed attempt and that is apparently a sign people have given up on me. Momentum is everything with these guys and while sure I push for things quite hard, as ive been told before if I didn't have the drive I do most wouldn't bother....I can't let that momentum slip. Especially when I could easily rectify the problem myself.

Do I throw myself into the arms of unknown people? And basically sell myself to people/potential backers who have never even met me? Past form is everything and I don't have a five figure sum knocking me over from as recently as a month ago...come to think of it I don't have a five figure result full stop. Plus can you imagine the response to the rough translation of "You don't know me but I think I'm good, can haz monies plz".....Yeah....No.

Or do I throw my entire weight behind this...Put the rest up myself, throw caution to the wind and take my one chance right at the start of the year...Sure my luck is going pretty damn well as of late, and sure (for me at least) I'm in the form of my life...but the past doesn't buy you an extra 2%...confidence alone does not make you win things...this game is a cruel mistress and she takes no prisoners, one mistake and you get spat into the bar with the rest of the failed hopers and dreamers....If it worked then I would have a godly amount of money at my disposal...Win? My life pretty much gets flipped upside down on the spot. Nothing would be the same next week as it is now...Lose? Well...£400 of a student's money when he has no source of income?....Sure I have the benefit of being able to not play scared...but I don't have the ability to not be crying by the end of it...

Pros, Cons, Advantages, Disadvantages, Good Side, Bad Side, Dreams, Reality.....

Fuck It. I'm going for it...

Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 08, 2014, 10:52:57 PM »

2.5% please need a sweat!
Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: January 08, 2014, 10:56:10 PM »

2.5% please need a sweat!

Haha i'm fairly sure i'm gonna get a size 12 boot up my arse if i turn this into a staking thread! This was more so that i could express the worry not to try and inadvertently ask for backers Tongue
That said, if you've got facebook i can sort it with you there Smiley

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 09, 2014, 03:05:08 AM »

Read this post on the drive home with interest, well i mean rexas was driving, and this seemed a nice switch off from the run bad stories  Cheesy
I wish you the best of luck, and it seems that I will see/ play with you there tomorrow or friday.
One thing i will pull you up on, and to be honest I think youve been rather naive/ stupid about is not playing the sats for this comp. Last night, £15 sat into a £55 sat wihich had 18 seats with 160 runners. Tonight at the club they got 80 runners for a sat with 20x 440 seats guaranteed. Surely you must admit that these were worth a shot, 75 quid tonight you had a 1 in 4 shot at a seat, think you got that one wrong.
Apologize for coming on a saying that, but with money seemingly tight as you say, to pass up these opportunities seems silly. Tough love maybe, and im sure im only backing up what Pleno and rqcbfffwqqqff have said earlier in this diary, and what others might be thinking.
Best of luck Smiley

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2014, 03:15:22 AM »

For some quite bizarre and weird reason i cant edit my last post. My use of the word stupid was maybe wrong, and i didnt mean it to come across like that. Think you get what i was trying to say Smiley

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: January 09, 2014, 05:42:50 PM »

Nah it's a fair one. My argument for this way is I know I'm playing anyway and knowing that, with money being tight I'd get severely irritated blowing upwards of £50+ on sats, fail to qualify, then dump £400 into the event anyway

Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: January 09, 2014, 11:46:57 PM »

Right, for sure confirmed to be playing this, one last sweep of my backers both old and new has produced some goods...now playing for a much more manageable 63%, so this is still a massive chunk of change but doesn't break my back if it goes wrong...just the kid with the dream that wants nothing more than it to come true! Bed for me...10 hours of probably the biggest day one ive ever played awaits Cheesy

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 09, 2014, 11:58:34 PM »

Good luck tomorrow.

Hope tighty gives you plenty of ribbing on the update.

Would be incred if you won it.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: