blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:58:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  HUNL Veteran getting back on track in 2014!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HUNL Veteran getting back on track in 2014!  (Read 49561 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2014, 12:27:33 PM »

I would surmise that the stat (22%) is accurate, but misleading. Stats can be extremely misleading, as you well know. Smiley

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2014, 12:32:05 PM »

I would surmise that the stat (22%) is accurate, but misleading. Stats can be extremely misleading, as you well know. Smiley

22% stats is a lot ! I really thinks is too much . But how did they loose ?
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2014, 01:02:23 PM »

Oh ok didn't realise SuuPRlim was lil Dave. Have read your blog a couple of times and enjoyed it actually!

Yes it's me! the master of worthless/pointless babble Smiley

Yeh I play PLO only, I haven't played online NL in an age, I used to play a lot live NL and I think really deep NL is still my fave type of poker, however I'm a lot weaker than i used to be so it's pretty dangerous Cheesy *shrugs-shoulders...IT.WAS.SUITED. :S :O 

Have we never met BTW? This is my skype name (Suuprlim) if you ever wanna talk geeky poker strat Smiley

Yeh post PLO hands! In fact post more hands!! Cheesy I like the brutal hands the best lol

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2014, 01:03:58 PM »

yeah i said elsewhere that galfonds nl game seems really weak atm, sauce hu video vs syous is really good though.

I want Sauce to do a PLO video so so so badly.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2014, 02:13:08 PM »

my very very very very, i must stress very uneducated opinion on plo is that everybody is terrible, bluffcatch way too wide, even consider bluff catching way too wide, 3bet way too wide pre flop, call 4bets way too wide pre flop and generally gii way too wide.

wish i knew the game better and could say the above was true and would just short stack plo and try to print.

dat variance though.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2014, 02:14:36 PM »

my very very very very, i must stress very uneducated opinion on plo is that everybody is terrible, bluffcatch way too wide, even consider bluff catching way too wide, 3bet way too wide pre flop, call 4bets way too wide pre flop and generally gii way too wide.

wish i knew the game better and could say the above was true and would just short stack plo and try to print.

dat variance though.

Everybody?

That's a somewhat sweeping statement, Patrick!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RogerHairabedian

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2014, 03:16:01 PM »

dat variance though.

I'd disagree. If you play zoom plo now it's a joke how tight the regs play (and there's a lot of regs grinding for vpps).

The fish are too loose etc yeah but you get that in NL too ofc
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2014, 03:18:06 PM »

My daily 'bible' is The Mental Game of Poker 1/2 by Jared Tendler. If any poker player on this forum doesn't own this book, he/she is simply missing out.

Agree - Jared Tendler is a really good author. What's especially good is the way he writes his books all by himself, without needing any help from anyone else.

RogerHairabedian

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2014, 03:19:00 PM »

Oh ok didn't realise SuuPRlim was lil Dave. Have read your blog a couple of times and enjoyed it actually!

Yes it's me! the master of worthless/pointless babble Smiley

Yeh I play PLO only, I haven't played online NL in an age, I used to play a lot live NL and I think really deep NL is still my fave type of poker, however I'm a lot weaker than i used to be so it's pretty dangerous Cheesy *shrugs-shoulders...IT.WAS.SUITED. :S :O 

Have we never met BTW? This is my skype name (Suuprlim) if you ever wanna talk geeky poker strat Smiley

Yeh post PLO hands! In fact post more hands!! Cheesy I like the brutal hands the best lol

No don't think we've met. I don't play loads live and don't really interact much when I do - but this needs to change!

I'm kinda trying to keep my skype poker free for now but I might add you somewhere down the line, if you don't mind Smiley

Geeky poker strat is cool with me!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2014, 03:21:03 PM »

My daily 'bible' is The Mental Game of Poker 1/2 by Jared Tendler. If any poker player on this forum doesn't own this book, he/she is simply missing out.

Agree - Jared Tendler is a really good author. What's especially good is the way he writes his books all by himself, without needing any help from anyone else.

BOOM!

CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2014, 04:31:15 PM »

My questions is , why are you trying to be anon here ? You don't want readers to know your name, you don't want readers  to know your username online , you don't want to add readers in Skype. Some readers just wanted to sweat and watch you play . I am not  trying to be funny here , but why post for questions and answers BUT readers don't know who the health you are ? #MRANON.. Very annoying you know
RogerHairabedian

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2014, 04:40:38 PM »

My questions is , why are you trying to be anon here ? You don't want readers to know your name, you don't want readers  to know your username online , you don't want to add readers in Skype. Some readers just wanted to sweat and watch you play . I am not  trying to be funny here , but why post for questions and answers BUT readers don't know who the health you are ? #MRANON.. Very annoying you know

Sorry, but if you don't like it don't bother following this thread.

To give away this kind of information and links to my IRL name and online screen names would probably hurt my bottom line. I've learnt a lot from reading others threads so I'm much more careful about what I do and what I say on public forums.

Edit: I'm probably not going to stay anonymous forever, but I will never share screen names and let people sweat me. Hope you understand why.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2014, 05:11:07 PM »

No reason whatsoever why you would let people sweat you or anything like that because you have a diary.

I always find it kinda strange when people won't say who they are, fair enough screennames but still kinda meh, but like you say, don't read if you don't like it.

GLGL with the grind.
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2014, 05:15:09 PM »

Sorry, but if you don't like it don't bother following this thread.

To give away this kind of information and links to my IRL name and online screen names would probably hurt my bottom line. I've learnt a lot from reading others threads so I'm much more careful about what I do and what I say on public forums.

Edit: I'm probably not going to stay anonymous forever, but I will never share screen names and let people sweat me. Hope you understand why.

GOOD LUCK TO YOUR STRANGE DIARY #MRANON
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2014, 01:09:22 AM »

dat variance though.

Well, you're not completely wrong, except in everybody, you have been watching HS games, and the thing about HS games online these days (25/50+) is that a lot of the regulars who play these games are quite a bit weaker than players who play a bit lower - I've played 2/4 and 25/50 on ipoker this week and honestly the 2/4 games are so much tougher. I know this sounds pretty counter-intuitive but its actually pretty logical;

the mid-stakes games are tough, and hard to escape out of, you need good BRM and to never tilt, it's pretty hard to move from 2/4 - 10/20 without running really good, so lots of very very very good players get kinda stuck in those levels, due to a bit of poor variance at highest stakes they play (which will often be lower samples) also, some people aren't quite cut out for high high stakes gambling and are happier to stay lower. On the contrast to this there are a lot of guys playing reg in high stakes that built their bankrolls in times when the games below were a lot easier and now they have the bankroll to comfortably play 25/50, 50/100 - because i) those games only often run with a "weaker" player in them, and ii) because they don't need to drop back into 3/6 and 5/10 you will find that these guys are below "the curve" as it were in terms with online poker.

Obviously then above that you have THE very best players, your Sauce's, Kanu's, Galfonds etc who are playing the highest limits against the best players because they are the best players.

So yes, rail a 50/100 PLO game on stars and you will see a fair bit of play that is decently below the standard of good 3/6 - 10/20 regs, but these players are defo still profitable and i'd imagine most are making a significantly higher hourly than guys in the pools below them.

Would be interesting to hear Big Roger's views on the difference in level between the stakes, given you've played a pretty wide variety of stakes.

When you say people bluffcatch way too wide, I agree 100%, everyone calls rivers way to wide, even really good players, I don't think in general people 3bet pre-flop to wide though, obv some people do and we can print these guys, but there will be so many hands that are 3bet and taken down on late streets that are really good 3bets, and occasionally you 3bet a kinda that way at the bottom of the range you'd wanna 3bet, and you run into the top hands of the person you're 3betting and you look a little silly but remember in PLO it's pretty tilt getting 3bet.

People DEFO DEFO DEFO call 4bets too wide, huge leak everyone has - spesh at high stakes, but that's a sort of semi-adjustment to the fact people lose there brains at HS, they really do.  Also, calling 4bets is ridiculously good fun, which is prolly the main reason. I had a hand today for e.g 60bb deep @2550 I open UTG, btn calls, BB squeezes I pot 4bet he calls AK74ds ... Can't imagine that is a very good play. I don't have to have AA here, but if I dont then I have AKK, KK[sick card-sick card]ds or AKQ*ds so mmmm not so sure about that, that was fairly big winner in those games too.

I actually think people in general prolly GII too tight...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: