blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:37:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Tea Time Tales: A Fish and his chips
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tea Time Tales: A Fish and his chips  (Read 80958 times)
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 09, 2014, 11:59:51 PM »

zzzzzzzz

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2014, 12:03:01 AM »

zzzzzzzz

ha changed the end of my last post,just for you Callum! at least you got me onto my 9th page, been wondering if that was ever going to happen

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
jdogloves46

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 10, 2014, 12:04:43 AM »

Castlerigg stone circle near Keswick in the lake district
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2014, 12:08:17 AM »

Ha too good Jdog, and the fell? Your choice of tipple next time im at aspers, or goliath, although, they might not serve me in that get up!

jdogloves46

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2014, 12:18:23 AM »

Vale of Keswick? ;-)
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 10, 2014, 12:19:42 AM »

Vale of Keswick? ;-)

haha thats where we are, not the name of the fell infront of us!! this is from pic 1

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 12, 2014, 01:53:27 AM »

So tonight saw the big reveal for tighty's RSQ. Was feeling, as usual quietly confident about my chances, with the primary objective to beat Somerville, and no embarrassing answers, see Perrygate from 2 weeks ago Sad
Cliffs: Joint lead with HuzzMull going into the tie breaker, which was closest to the real answer wins. Real answer $30million, MUllhuzz $30,001million. Hats off, thats a serious guess! Bit gutted, kinda wanted to win one of those! Ah well beat tom and rexas, despite the latter forgetting to enter, im counting it as a win by default.

Have had a very chilled first week back home after the uni exam madness, a heavily cricket based on the tv few days too. Kent v Essex with 4 or 5 good mates playing for kent was a highlight, as well as keeping an eye on the NZ West Indies test. Despite, the result never being in doubt, watching the WI number 11hit the second fastest 50 in test history was hugely entertaining!! The crowd were loving it, despite their side getting thrashed, can only be good for the game seeing the passion that cricket can bring to people in these countries, its a way of life.
Was debating whether to head up to Lords this week, now we have free tickets all year, might go sunday, but seems something else might have come up which is a shame. WIll be there for the india test for sure. Weather is finally cheering up too!

Thought id chuck another pretty cool pic in tonight too, might make it a regular thing. Ideas anyone where i am and what the famous ridge is called?

Click to see full-size image.

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 05, 2014, 01:55:17 PM »

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 05, 2014, 08:24:01 PM »

Hellvelyn, striding edge?   I am fairly shit at the lakes but know there is a couple of ridges and a lake somewhere.  Not sure it is there though, but have to go for it given my limited knowledge.  If those people who did your RSQ were paying attention Helm Crag was on Wainwright's Walks on Yesterday on the day of your RSQ.  Surprised so few knew any at all. 

Ps what he said above on the Mirror question. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 08, 2014, 09:19:34 AM »

Hellvelyn, striding edge?   I am fairly shit at the lakes but know there is a couple of ridges and a lake somewhere.  Not sure it is there though, but have to go for it given my limited knowledge.  If those people who did your RSQ were paying attention Helm Crag was on Wainwright's Walks on Yesterday on the day of your RSQ.  Surprised so few knew any at all. 

This is the worst quiz ever. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
DrDreh
RehK47

The Rehfish

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 08, 2014, 04:19:19 PM »

a law student at nottingham university, rehman is indeed terrible
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 21, 2014, 10:58:33 AM »

Correct Doobs, deserved better considering you didn't even google.

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 23, 2014, 12:53:22 AM »

Good Evening all Blondites.

Its been a while, and i apologize for the lack of correspondence over the summer. Been very busy, coaching and cricket takes over a vast amount of my summer holidays leaving poker to take a nice, natural break for a few months. Tenterden CC have had a mid/ late season resurgence, mostly down to a rather good West Indian, and some occasional runs from your truly! Cheesy
Had a couple of day trips to Aspers, Stratford for some cash with Reg138, which went alright. First time cashed out about 200 up, cant remember any interesting hands. Then lost 200 ish the next week, bust hand got it in with 2 overs and the nut flush draw and lost. Ah well, cool story Vern.

Doobs...

Feel like i need to buy this man a beer, and say sorry for not replying to his posts. Correct indeed my good man, Swirral and Striding Edge, on Helvellyn was right, and i agree, most people could surely name a fell, but hey... what do i know?

Managed to get away for a week towards the end of July, up to Keswick, to start some basic research for my dissertation. Got a couple of good walks in too, which let the legs stretch, as well as giving me good excuse for a pint of Wainwright Ale or Peroni at the end of the day!

So, just for Doobs, and anyone else whod like to take part! I promise a quicker reply this time! What fell am i looking at here?

Plans...

BAck to Loughborough next week to sit a couple of exams that I missed in January after my Grandad died. Might get over to DTD but i doubt it. Will be back more often when im back at uni towards the end of September. Would love to play the GPS/ WPT there, but will go down the sat route, or maybe a staking package. Shall see, would love to play them.
Have also invested in a new hat, which needs to be worn for pokerz.

See ya x

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 30, 2014, 09:35:28 PM »

Not been around much, so missed the reply. 

No idea on the fell this time.  I am going to struggle a big after Hellvellyn and Old Man Of Conniston, and it isn't either of those.  Don't think it is Helm Crag either and after that I think I am gone. 

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 30, 2014, 09:49:16 PM »

If I have you a clue, and said the town is Keswick....?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: