blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:31:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Hachem has it right, doesn't he?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hachem has it right, doesn't he?  (Read 17646 times)
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2014, 03:41:19 PM »

Tal, was that aimed at me or...? If it was me, then I'll say that I've been very vocal about my own temperament and my desire to sort it out. I will also point out that I have not berated someone at a table for a long time, and I have no intention if doing so again.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 08, 2014, 03:45:28 PM »

Tal, was that aimed at me or...? If it was me, then I'll say that I've been very vocal about my own temperament and my desire to sort it out. I will also point out that I have not berated someone at a table for a long time, and I have no intention if doing so again.

Eh?

No.

It was the most memorably ridiculous behaviour I've seen in a tournament. He has no awareness - nor care - of how everyone else at the table feels about his actions.

Never played with you, as far I'm aware. Rest assured, if I had, and you'd misbehaved, I would have let you know. I've only heard good things, though, as it happens, so don't really get your post.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 08, 2014, 04:25:13 PM »

Whilst Tikay is obsessed with name-calling in reality it's only a very small factor and almost irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Back to my original point that poker was a game for artists and then fell into the hands of scientists. The basic problem is the overwhelming majority of players (customers) are recreational and thus poker needs to be mostly entertainment. When a guy finishes work there are infinite choices competing for his limited disposable income and limited time so the important question is...is poker going to be entertaining and fun?

The problem is this small % of bedroom-dwelling scientists have had far too much sway in the direction poker is going. All the quick-fire splashy re-buys were replaced by multi-day deep 'n' steep snooze-fests, personality & banter shrivelled up to be replaced by silent slow-motion robotics, poker became pure maths with tables and graphs, and socially inept kids just sat there for hours tapping at ipad screens. Is that entertainment and fun for the vast majority of customers? So goodness knows why operators have pandered to the scientists rather than the artists.

It's like the debate about Vicky Coren commentating. Sure she might not be able to pokerstove hands off the top of her head or be lol "long-term correct" with her analysis, but who gives a fck? She's got a kinda sexy voice and most of us like listening to it, end of.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 08, 2014, 04:32:54 PM »

Eh?

No.

It was the most memorably ridiculous behaviour I've seen in a tournament. He has no awareness - nor care - of how everyone else at the table feels about his actions.

Never played with you, as far I'm aware. Rest assured, if I had, and you'd misbehaved, I would have let you know. I've only heard good things, though, as it happens, so don't really get your post.

I am extremely sorry, Tal. I'm gonna have to go with the age old "I was on my phone" excuse, I was meant to address that post at beany :p

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 08, 2014, 04:44:13 PM »

No problem. Glad to clear that up.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: February 08, 2014, 05:02:54 PM »

Eh?

No.

this was at a time when poker was new and he was looking to try and get sponsored by stars, having seem him in stuff since that he is ridic quiet. Pretty sure he said in an interview afterwards he was just trying to bank on getting tv time in the hope that a deep run would get him sponsored.

obv it's ridic behaviour but w/e.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 08, 2014, 05:25:35 PM »

Ironic thing is that hevad khan actually brought alot of people into poker, I know my friends would always go bulllllldoooozerrrrr when we started playing cash games together.

He had a lot of people always searching him on stars too.

Obviously the way he was to his opponents was out of order, but there's even a "hevad khan" rule now if I'm not mistaken.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: February 08, 2014, 05:28:53 PM »

tbf think it's about right to wait for at least 10 seconds before calling the nuts.....

http://youtu.be/r2nzLDZm3wA?t=1m32s
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: February 08, 2014, 05:33:10 PM »

"that's poker"
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2014, 05:59:33 PM »

/thread

Any worse than Rastafish?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 08, 2014, 06:06:56 PM »

/thread

Any worse than Rastafish?

I didn't say worst behaviour. Just most memorably ridiculous.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 08, 2014, 06:13:03 PM »

Rastafish can be wonderful with recreational players

Seen him go OTT a few times, but generally "makes" a table for the casual player

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 08, 2014, 06:20:14 PM »

Rastafish can be wonderful with recreational players

Seen him go OTT a few times, but generally "makes" a table for the casual player

Guess it depends on context.

For the record, I have shared a table with Rastafish on a few occasions, and have been eliminated by him as he called in the overcard with AK v my JJ. He's a lovely bloke, and takes it well when the card doesn't arrive I'm sure (if indeed that has ever happened).

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 08, 2014, 06:52:42 PM »

Rasta is great to share a table with as long as you take his banter with the spirit it is intended and give him some back.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 08, 2014, 07:54:20 PM »

ive actually shared a table with hevad khan and he was very polite. ive seen rastafish been very polite and very loud and unwelcoming for new players.

every poker player who has ever called somebody an idiot or a fish has been nice at one point in their careers.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: