blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:14:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272718 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Super League 2014
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Super League 2014  (Read 20644 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2014, 11:08:47 AM »

what would you think of Tom Briscoe 1st Try scorer 7-1.

5 this season, scored in each of the three games. looks a really talented finisher, Leeds play expansive stuff (really good backs, creative centres and quite small up front so try to move it around)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2014, 02:06:10 PM »

For those interested in NRL, Premier Sports has all 8 games on live this weekend but 3 of them are on "freeview" to non-subscribers, including Tomkins playing for the NZ Warriors. Channel 428 on SKY. Worth putting on your SKY planner imo

will defo record and watch some games.

I watched Souths beat the Roosters quite convincingly yesterday in the opening game and Sam & George Burgess were amongst the best. Pace of the game was really quick.

Freeview games are:
Saturday 8am Manly v Melbourne
Sunday 7.30am parra v NZ warriors (Tomkins debut)
Monday  6.45pm Cronulla v Gold Coast
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2014, 02:12:59 PM »

what would you think of Tom Briscoe 1st Try scorer 7-1.

5 this season, scored in each of the three games. looks a really talented finisher, Leeds play expansive stuff (really good backs, creative centres and quite small up front so try to move it around)

I think there will be a fair few trys tonight and for someone who will be top try scorer for Leeds this season that aint a bad price. His try vs Warr a few weeks ago was pure clase, caught the ball running through the defence, side foot the fullback and facepalm the traking back cover, he is a machine! I know Hall aint happy with not being the number 1. scorer now lol. But yeah Briscoe seems to be the go to guy right now and my only fear would be Hudds hitting us hard right away.

It's such a strange game tonight, who would have thought Hudds after their win at Wigan would look so erratic? Good luck on the Briscoe bet, I would have guessed him being around 5/1.

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2014, 02:13:53 PM »

For those interested in NRL, Premier Sports has all 8 games on live this weekend but 3 of them are on "freeview" to non-subscribers, including Tomkins playing for the NZ Warriors. Channel 428 on SKY. Worth putting on your SKY planner imo

will defo record and watch some games.

I watched Souths beat the Roosters quite convincingly yesterday in the opening game and Sam & George Burgess were amongst the best. Pace of the game was really quick.

Freeview games are:
Saturday 8am Manly v Melbourne
Sunday 7.30am parra v NZ warriors (Tomkins debut)
Monday  6.45pm Cronulla v Gold Coast

Thanks, perfect time for me as I am up with my daughters from 7am at weekends. I would if Tomkins will get special treatment? lol.

BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2014, 02:56:24 PM »

I watched the Footy Show (their RL/entertainment show) and even the Aussies were tipping Tomkins to make a big impact. He will obv get some treatment but the Warriors are playing last season's bottom club so should be a good start for him.

As for top try scorer Tighty, it's always a bit of a punt as any of the Leeds back line are decent chances to score and would imagine that Hudds have a fair few likely candidates too. Not seen the other prices but Hardaker has started well this season. Also think it will be a tighter game than some think.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2014, 03:01:22 PM »

Yeah Rhinos have some excellent players at back, 9/1 Tom Briscoe at Laddys seems value though.
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2014, 06:33:56 PM »

Tighty.

If you are going to back 1st try scorers in Super League then look to do it with Betfred. They offer double the odds if your player scores again, and treble for a hatrick. Very good value on wingers in games you think will be high scoring.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2014, 09:47:03 PM »

Huddersfield trying to give Leeds the win here.  Leeds haven't played that well tonight, but are a far better side than Huddersfield (if they were both playing at their best). 

A rare stinker from Hall tonight (so far), as he's usually so consistent.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2014, 09:48:04 PM »

Thanks for the reminder thumbs up

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2014, 10:06:32 PM »

Neither side wanted to win that one!  Exciting finish though.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2014, 10:18:59 AM »

Parramatta were very impressive, and I think the NZ Warriors are a level or two behind them.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2014, 05:37:45 PM »

Wigan beaten by Cas 36-31, but that scoreline doesn't tell the whole story. 

Wigan weren't good at all, and Cas were deservedly ahead 16-0 after 15 minutes. But then Wigan got back into it, and were ahead at half-time somehow.  Second half saw Cas go ahead and Wigan should have been dead and buried.  Then Wigan scored a try and the conversion made it 30-30 (Smith kicked it from the touchline, after missing three conversions before then from out wide) with only a few minutes to play.  But they couldn't keep Cas out and they scored with the final play of the match and the conversion made it 36-31.

Lots of work for Wane to do at Wigan.  Whether it's all the changes in the side, or a hangover from the WCC trip, or a combination of the two - Wigan are well of the pace at the moment.  Fortunately, it doesn't matter all that much with the dodgy play-off format.

BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2014, 08:47:28 PM »

Parramatta were very impressive, and I think the NZ Warriors are a level or two behind them.

Both teams are known for their inconsistency plus it's round 1 so literally anything could have happened. The Eels looked really up for it though.

Went to Wakey v Catalan game today, we were decent but the Catalans were woeful
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2014, 10:01:22 PM »

Heard the result.  Sounds like it was definitely a better game for Wakefield fans than Catalans!

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2014, 11:28:24 AM »

Huge sigh, missed all games this weekend due to disney on ice, kids, sun and parties to attend. Hopefully watch the SL show tonight on BBC.

A few things to note, Cas are looking very good and on the reverse the Frenchies look horrible, will they go down with London?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: