blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:17:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Poker and the Mrs?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poker and the Mrs?  (Read 9163 times)
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2005, 12:44:01 PM »

Nope just hundreds in the house and in frames and stuff. Never bothered to get a digital camera or anything, maybe should sort that one out.

ariston

better lucky than good
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2005, 12:47:12 PM »

Best quote from Jakob was at school when all children where asked what there parents do. "Mum goes shopping and meet the girls for coffee and dad plays poker" The teacher said he had a very active imagination although it sounds about right to me.

ariston

better lucky than good
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2005, 12:53:56 PM »

happily married, two kids who I see plenty of, wife's a handy player herself after plenty of coaching sessions. 'coarse being a man of leisure helps. T-shirt business any week now. I am a firm believer that regular 9-5 life and poker are not compatable. you have to adapt your life to the game or get uysed to it being very recreational
The Wall

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2005, 12:54:33 PM »

I use to play online and get a right earbashing when I lived with the woman but last month we split up and I moved out! now I can play whenever I want and have even started playing live (finally) since I dont get the "what are you wasting your money for?" speech's anymore Grin

Er my advice though is that there is no balance! If it wasnt poker they would only find something else to moan about! Tongue
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2005, 12:58:48 PM »

Agreed, kids are the MOST important thing in my life, women come and go (though they've all gone now  Cry)
I have 3 lovely daughters (what am i in for in a few years??) whom i have every weekend.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2005, 03:02:06 PM »

Red Dog sends his missus to Spain.

Got to be honest here guys, Mrs RED-DOG and I will have been married 28 years come October the 1st. In all those years she has done nothing but encourage me, what ever hare brained scheme Ive come up with.

She is always supportive and makes me feel like I am the greatest guy on earth. We have had hard times, both emotionally and financially, but she has been my rock, my friend and my councillor. I dont know where she gets the strength.

Spending money doesnt interest her, I will pay 500 to enter a competition and at the same time she will walk across town to buy a tin of beans 1p cheaper

She is always happy and smiling and will go out of her way to help anyone. If I ever did anything right in this life, it was marrying her

In the words of an old sentimental song.

Lord give her my share of heaven

If Ive earned any here in this life

Because God, I believe she deserves it

My woman, my woman, my wife

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2005, 03:03:47 PM »

Jeez, pack it up Tom, I'm crying here. That's a truly lovely post.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2005, 03:04:25 PM »

Nice sentiment, luck man

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Splash

WonkyJim / Donkeyjim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2005, 03:06:12 PM »

Nice to see that there is hope!
 Cry

".....and Buckley ponders how to play Aces to lose the maximum."
The Truth

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2005, 03:08:28 PM »

as a husband, father and now grandfather all I can say is - invest in a garden shed.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2005, 03:11:02 PM »

Red Dog sends his missus to Spain.

Got to be honest here guys, Mrs RED-DOG and I will have been married 28 years come October the 1st. In all those years she has done nothing but encourage me, what ever hare brained scheme Ive come up with.

She is always supportive and makes me feel like I am the greatest guy on earth. We have had hard times, both emotionally and financially, but she has been my rock, my friend and my councillor. I dont know where she gets the strength.

Spending money doesnt interest her, I will pay 500 to enter a competition and at the same time she will walk across town to buy a tin of beans 1p cheaper

She is always happy and smiling and will go out of her way to help anyone. If I ever did anything right in this life, it was marrying her

In the words of an old sentimental song.

Lord give her my share of heaven

If Ive earned any here in this life

Because God, I believe she deserves it

My woman, my woman, my wife

uplifting. thank you

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
jbsc7769

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2005, 03:15:38 PM »

I think it is atrocious that the women have to put up with Poker Playing males, I think they should leave their partners immediately.
Now, Foxy Minx and Mrs C, if you are looking for somewhere to stay, its lovely and warm here in Greece!!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2005, 03:19:59 PM »

I may be able to assist you there Simon, if you could arrange to send your Sister in this direction.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
patman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2005, 03:31:57 PM »

Red dog.

humbled and moved by your comments and support of your spouse and not fallin for usual  macho tosh, 28 years magic  - mine is great but reigns me in when i get too deep in poker world.

which for me is no bad thing....think i may have that compulive addictive nature and i`ll bet out anyone that ses otherwise. Grin
jbsc7769

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2005, 03:39:28 PM »

Tikay, consider that a done deal!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: