blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:41:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6  (Read 158718 times)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« on: April 14, 2014, 09:17:31 PM »

No book spoilers though
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 12:38:51 AM by Cf » Logged
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 10:14:34 PM »

So we can talk about Purple Wedding in here?

Incredible episode and not at all where you expected it to go following Midget Pantomime.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 10:27:00 PM »

Oof! superb episode

Peter Dinklage is a brilliant actor

i have read the books, won't spoil, but there are all sorts of fun and games now

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 10:57:05 PM »

Oof! superb episode

Peter Dinklage is a brilliant actor

i have read the books, won't spoil, but there are all sorts of fun and games now

Obv not what TightEnd is doing here but can we also keep "suggestive" spoilers away please. I.e. it you've read the books no comments such as "next weeks episode will be good" or "x event was significant keep watching to find out why".

Blue text
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 11:58:24 PM »

Bet next week is good though Wink (they all are innit)
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 12:21:29 AM »

Brilliant episode.  Wasn't expecting it to end like that at all, but couldn't help a little fist-pump as the credits rolled.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 09:51:04 AM »

Amazing episode.

Dinklage and Joffrey are the best two things about the show IMO. I hope they dont kill off Dinklage, but what balls to kill off Joffrey (by the book author obv, not HBO). Lets not forget that he is a young kid, what a brilliant actor.

Sounds awful, but I really wanted him to die by someone's hands, maybe one of Shaun Beans daughters, but well played either way.

Im guessing its that new bisexual badass guy that arranged it.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 10:11:45 AM »

Yesterday I'd just caught a glimpse of a headline on a website which said something like 'What did you think of the surprise death in GoT last night?' and just managed to avoid seeing any more.

So I knew something was coming and was trying to spot who it was. First guess was Tyrion's hooker girlfriend, but then she got packed away on the ship. Then I thought that Joffrey was going to chop the head of one of the dwarves doing the show. Then I thought he was going to kill Tyrion.

So at the end I was all

My big hope for now on is that the newly widowed Margery starts putting it about a bit and has some explicit and gratuitous sexytime.
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 01:32:52 PM »

Recently started watching GoT, have watched all of it within last month and am fully up to date. Love it.

For those who have read the books, how long do we have left of the tv series? Any idea?
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 01:42:24 PM »

Recently started watching GoT, have watched all of it within last month and am fully up to date. Love it.

For those who have read the books, how long do we have left of the tv series? Any idea?

The books aren't finished yet and, as I understand it, the TV series will catch up in a couple of years, meaning GRR Martin will either have to spoil the book by giving away what happens so it can go in the TV series or the two things will diverge away from each other.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 02:29:07 PM »

The books aren't finished yet and, as I understand it, the TV series will catch up in a couple of years, meaning GRR Martin will either have to spoil the book by giving away what happens so it can go in the TV series or the two things will diverge away from each other.

I listened to a podcast this morning that suggested that the purple wedding last night was well ahead of the expected pace and the books will be caught up sooner than anticipated.

Will make for a very interesting situation when the final book/final series is planned.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 03:38:10 PM »

they are currently in the 4th series of six planned tv series. filiming starts on s5 in may, finishing this november

there are six books, with a seventh not released/in writing. currently the new tv series is around book 4, part of book 5 though it jumps around a bit

pretty faithful to the source text

Martin has given the outline of the last book to HBO and the screenwriters in case he dies before he completes the last book! After all, this year is 4 years in the writing and counting....

My eyes are open wide
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 03:41:52 PM »

Martin has given the outline of the last book to HBO and the screenwriters in case he dies before he completes the last book! After all, this year is 4 years in the writing and counting....

"Ned Stark wakes up and it was all a dream and he's happy because he's not dead and Sheff Utd are in the Westeros Cup final"
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2014, 04:03:55 PM »

all the speculation is on who poisoned him, but who would technically be next in line to the throne?
Uncle Jamie?
Back to mum?
There's a brother and sister for Joffrey too isn't there?
A Tyrell?

Only temporary till those dragons finally arrive who ever it is Smiley

looking forward to seeing it play out.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2014, 04:14:37 PM »

there's a younger brother, next in line

the facebook status "its complicated" could be written for this!

My eyes are open wide
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: