blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:50:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6  (Read 159376 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: July 26, 2017, 08:03:47 AM »

A majority said they need total silence while watching "Game of Thrones." Some said the issue had lost them friends.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/21/arts/television/game-of-thrones-talking.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

I'm like that with any TV show. Everytime my girlfriend starts to talk I pause the show, she gets pretty tilted by it.

I thought the first half of the last nights episode was very boring. Second half a bit better but given there are only 7 episodes in this series I was hoping for more.

Same as this. Thank goodness for remotes and pause.

I do find it interesting the depth this programme is analysed, warging etc.

Having watched every minute, read the books long ago, if I was Sat with any mates and said anything other than 'see GOT this week? Good wasn't it etc', I would be given some very strange looks.

As a social experiment in a group of middle aged men, I am going to use some of this analysis and see what I can get out of them.

Please, carry on. Grin

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: July 26, 2017, 08:13:21 AM »

a fun read (but not an easy scene to watch)

writer and dermatologist assesses Samwell Tarly’s technique in removing Jorah Mormont’s greyscale!

https://theringer.com/tv-game-of-thrones-sam-jorah-greyscale-surgery-dermatologist-assessment-9f979eef2da2

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #632 on: July 26, 2017, 11:08:35 AM »

the titles theory is an interesting one

the opening credits. Here's a shot of the Wall from Season 6, Episode 1:

Click to see full-size image.

a shot from the Season 7 premiere.

right hand side, water has become ice

the Hound saw something interesting in the fire, the army of the dead just walking around the wall and the titles appear to confirm that its possible

My eyes are open wide
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: July 26, 2017, 07:32:01 PM »

Pretty laughable stuff at times last night:

a) Tyrions master plan to win the 7 kingers. Er..you go there and don't be foreigners and then you foreigners pop up there (topples token on war board) - cue stunned silence at the brilliance of the plan

b) Cue smug smile ' a solution is being worked on' (to deal with the dragon threat).  A few mins later, unveils crossbow and shoots into a static skull. Literally lolled, not 'arf.

Gonna keep watching for tits and japes but becoming pretty terrible

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #634 on: July 27, 2017, 08:32:51 AM »

What is the moral compass of “Game of Thrones”?

https://www.economist.com/blogs/prospero/2017/07/how-westeros-won?fsrc=scn/tw/te/bl/ed/

My eyes are open wide
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #635 on: July 31, 2017, 09:46:49 AM »

Some interesting developments in Episode 3, most notably the 'phoney war' that was the assault on Casterly Rock.  The series trailers did a good job of fooling me on this one, and it has developed a nice plot twist with the Lannister position suddenly looking much less hopeless than before.

The Jon and Daenerys exchanges were somewhat frustrating viewing, but less creepy than Bran's "I got to watch your wedding night" chat with Sansa.

Loving the ego-centric performances from Euron, particularly when he's got Jaime in his sights.

We finally got our first, albeit brief, sights of Casterly Rock and Highgarden, which I think are the final two major Westeros locations to appear on screen.

For me, the best scene of the episode was a toss-up between the Cersei/Ellaria and Jaime/Olenna scenes, which is something of a surprise given that this was the 'Jon meets Daenerys' episode.  Much more still to come from that strand.  For now they're both playing hard to get.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #636 on: July 31, 2017, 10:40:44 PM »

Euron was brilliant again.

Bran was shit. "I'm the three eyed raven".... "What does that mean".... "It's difficult to explain"...... Well at least f**king try even if it's off screen!!

Ser Davos his usual amazing self.... "This is Jon Snow" erm that's about it....

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 01, 2017, 08:46:07 AM »

it did make me chuckle

Davos is such a fun character

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 01, 2017, 08:59:42 AM »

Olenna Tyrell, the One True Queen of ‘Game of Thrones’

marvellous character and a great performance from Diana Rigg

https://theringer.com/game-of-thrones-olenna-tyrell-queen-of-thorns-74102fd5636c

My eyes are open wide
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 01, 2017, 10:00:58 AM »

https://theringer.com/game-of-thrones-olenna-tyrell-queen-of-thorns-74102fd5636c

Such a shame that we found out a few seasons back that she was responsible for Joffrey's murder.

Would've been a fantastic reveal 4 seasons after the event. Really took the shine off it that we already knew even though the characters didn't.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 01, 2017, 10:19:19 AM »

Such a shame that we found out a few seasons back that she was responsible for Joffrey's murder.

Would've been a fantastic reveal 4 seasons after the event. Really took the shine off it that we already knew even though the characters didn't.

If you pay a lot less attention then last night was the first time you found out!  Cheesy

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 01, 2017, 10:22:12 AM »

Great episode!
Fantastic narrative and performances and a lot less big CGI battles.

I missed how Bran got to Winterfell from the Wall? As in episode 1 or 2 he and Meera turned up at the Wall and then we saw no more of it.

Euron's face when he asks Jaimie if Cersei likes a finger up the bum :-) priceless. What a character.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 01, 2017, 10:22:44 AM »

If you pay a lot less attention then last night was the first time you found out!  Cheesy

Haha - you're probabaly right there!
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 02, 2017, 10:37:13 PM »

Great episode!

I missed how Bran got to Winterfell from the Wall? As in episode 1 or 2 he and Meera turned up at the Wall and then we saw no more of it.

Euron's face when he asks Jaimie if Cersei likes a finger up the bum :-) priceless. What a character.

Looked like they arrived with a few other people so maybe the nightswatch had a couple of men drag them to winterfell since hes is Jons brother.  Either that or Meera dragged him down, the look on her face was deffo one of "He's your problem now!"  Cheesy

Meera being in Winterfell is interesting in that her father Howland Reed might show up to pick her up and Howland also knows the truth about Jons true parentage and Bran knows that he knows.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 03, 2017, 12:03:54 AM »

Great episode!

Looked like they arrived with a few other people so maybe the nightswatch had a couple of men drag them to winterfell since hes is Jons brother.  Either that or Meera dragged him down, the look on her face was deffo one of "He's your problem now!"  Cheesy

Meera being in Winterfell is interesting in that her father Howland Reed might show up to pick her up and Howland also knows the truth about Jons true parentage and Bran knows that he knows.

How do you even remember this stuff? I struggle remembering what I had for dinner last night.

Ah! The element of surprise
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 ... 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: