blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:25:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272480 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6  (Read 158776 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: August 07, 2017, 11:08:03 PM »

Quite liked Davos correcting Jon Snow regarding his line "10,000 men, less?"

"Fewer....."

Little snippet that Davos learnt off Stannis a few seasons back.

Might've been from episode 3 rather than the latest one but pretty cool whenever it was.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: August 07, 2017, 11:09:44 PM »

Wow!

Dragons are a pretty big weapon!!

Really enjoyed that.

What was the chaos being a ladder dialogue with Bran and LF? I guess that refers to something he said to someone he thought wouldn't be heard?

private convo little finger and varys season 1, little finger spoke of chaos being a ladder and now brann speaks his own words back to him

Really let LF know that he's in the shit for all his past scheming.

His face when he saw Arya kicking ass was brilliant, he knows that he's basically f**ked now that the pack has reformed.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 08, 2017, 03:32:43 AM »

Tyrion said during the episode they still had enough ships to get the Dothraki to the mainland.  The location of Dragonstone in relation to Kings landing and where the Lannister army was on the way back could reasonably be travelled in a few hours at the pace the Dothraki ride at.

Great episode, maybe my favourite from the show.  I think they leaked it on purpose just because it was such a good ep.  Think 0% chance Jaime is dead, the cliffhanger will be more a question of will Jaime and Bronn escape back to Kings Landing or will they be captured and taken prisoner by Dany

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 08, 2017, 08:28:07 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 08, 2017, 05:04:11 PM »

that golden hand has got to weigh pretty heavy trying to get back up  Grin

i strongly suspect Bronn and Jamie will be Dany's Prisoners for a little while

@whollyflush on twitter
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 08, 2017, 06:14:39 PM »

Quite liked Davos correcting Jon Snow regarding his line "10,000 men, less?"

"Fewer....."

Little snippet that Davos learnt off Stannis a few seasons back.

Might've been from episode 3 rather than the latest one but pretty cool whenever it was.

Good spot, truly got excited by that 'fewer' moment

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 09, 2017, 09:07:12 AM »

you'd have to be a US sports nerd to spot it....

You May Have Missed A Big Celebrity Cameo In Sunday Night's Episode Of GameOfThrones

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2017/08/08/you-may-have-missed-a-big-celebrity-cameo-in-sunday-nights-episode-of-game-of-thrones/#4318cf673fac

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 10, 2017, 12:19:06 PM »

Read of a great previous series reference yesterday:

Sansa on the balcony towards the end of season 6 saying "no-one can protect me"

On to season 7 and she's on the same balcony with Littlefinger watching Arya (aka no-one) kicking Breanne's ass.

Too clever.

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 14, 2017, 03:50:28 AM »

Gut reaction immediately after watching episode 5 is that it was a better episode than last week.  What it lacked in epic battle scenes was compensated by storyline development, as it pretty much revealed where all the major characters are heading next, with a few twists and turns along the way.  Melisandre is probably the only 'whereabouts unknown' remaining.

The Jaime 'mystery' (albeit no-one seemed to expect him to be dead) was killed for me by the opening credits, with the appearance of Walder-Landau's name in its usual prominent place, albeit more suspension of disbelief was required for where he resurfaced.

What followed was a fantastic series of scenes, with some fascinating reveals along the way.  Littlefinger finally got some meaningful scenes, and showed he's back to his usual self, presumably scheming to set Arya against Sansa with a fake scroll.  The final sequences brought together a great little posse of characters who immediately head out on what appears to be Operation Certain Death, so we can expect to lose some of them along the way.  Beric, Jorah and Gendry seem the most likely candidates to me, although I'm hoping that Gendry gets to reunite with Arya, so hopefully not (and please not Davos!)

Very surprised that Sam didn't pick up on the relevance of Gilly's reading (the mention of Rhaegar surely would have registered with him).  Rhaegar's marriage annulment and (presumed) subsequent marriage to Lyanna legitimises Jon's birth, so creates more complexities with regard to the Iron Throne, although common sense seems to be kicking in all around in the short term with regard to the threat from the Night King.

It feels like there were plenty of 'that will be relevant later' moments tonight.  The 'knife to the heart' chat feels likely to cause distrust between Jon and Dany, as an example.

I'm sure I've missed plenty, which will become clearer on another watch and as the internet starts to do its job.  Need to see the freeze frame on the scroll that Arya read with Sansa's name on too, but I'm sure it's not the one that Littlefinger received.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 07:51:12 AM by Sheriff Fatman » Logged

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 14, 2017, 08:56:57 AM »

Apparently the scroll from Sansa is the one from Series One, asking Robb to bend the knee to save Ned (written under duress).

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 14, 2017, 01:18:18 PM »

i enjoyed the episode, i like the set up ones.

does feel a bit "justice league go to fight" now! wonder how many of the seven make it through next week.......

My eyes are open wide
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 14, 2017, 06:51:05 PM »

Really liked the way Jaime spoke about the dragons and more importantly the Dothraki. "We were just sport"....

Drogon giving a little growl seemed a decent way of encouraging a bended knee and the Tarly toast but was a nice way to get the remaining few.

Thought it was a good episode setting up a great episode 6 battle with the walkers. Expect to see the seven brave idiots get completely fucked next episode until Dany swoops in with all three dragons to save the day with one of them ending up dead.

Drogon's reaction to Jon was brilliant, clearly recognised him as family.

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 14, 2017, 09:30:34 PM »

Just watched it again and realised that Davos isn't part of the raiding party, which hopefully is good for his life expectancy.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 14, 2017, 09:43:18 PM »

I think the dragons will sense Jons in danger and go get him like they did with Dany. I don't think Dany will necessarily be there.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 14, 2017, 10:10:52 PM »

Cliffs please.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 ... 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: