blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:09:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6  (Read 158704 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #900 on: May 08, 2019, 12:21:39 PM »

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #901 on: May 08, 2019, 02:25:41 PM »

It's not a good post, it's a shit post. Unfortunately there isn't a smiley for that so I have to go to the trouble of typing this lot out.

I'm going to add a smiley so that Mr Porter understands that the above sentence is meant to taken just as seriously as my comments about dragon based battle tactics Smiley

Anyone spot the Starbucks cup at the big banquet? I've not watched it back but apparently Dany didn't bother with wine, preferring to order a nice hot latte.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #902 on: May 08, 2019, 02:27:27 PM »

Apparently the Starbucks has since been removed:

https://gizmodo.com/rip-to-the-game-of-thrones-starbucks-cup-gone-too-soon-1834585578

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #903 on: May 08, 2019, 02:54:01 PM »

It's not a good post, it's a shit post.

Meh

I agreed with his comments so in my opinion it was a good post.

You miserable bugger.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #904 on: May 08, 2019, 03:07:20 PM »

Let’s remember the very first scenes of this show.

The white walkers met some rangers in the forest. Despite being surrounded, somehow, one of them managed to get away and ended up conveniently being found south of the wall so he can tell his story to the right people before having his head lopped off.

The show has played fast and loose with common sense from the very beginning. Of course it has, that is what virtually all drama TV shows do.

I will never understand why people are drawn to whinge:-

-   Why did so and so not do that
-   How did thingy get there so fast
-   Why is that person not more angry at that person when last season they did that thing to them

Yes she could have flown the dragons round the back and torched the ships. Tyrion probably couldn’t have survived a big bit of wooden whacking him on the head. And so on and so on.

The writing is not perfect, it’s a long way from that. This season definitely feels like they needed more time to wrap everything up but this obsession with nit picking every trivial moment is missing the point completely.

This show has had some of the most well rounded character development ever seen on the small screen. If we have to take some shortcuts to keep these characters front and central to advance their narratives then I am totally fine with that.

Can't wait for these last two episodes. Bring on mad Dany v Cersei.

It's legit to laugh at some of the constructs even when watching a fantasy I think.

If grown ups can take it seriously enough to discuss all kinds of tiny elements of dialogue, plotlines and potential outcomes in a fictional world then I think it's OK for people to scoff and mock at some of the leaps of logic and time. There used to be character development, drama and tension in some of the intrigue of the piece as a whole - that's long since gone and now we just have complete drivel sans the decent amount of breasts and menace it once had.

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #905 on: May 08, 2019, 04:13:09 PM »

People ITT were def in a world of pain when Lost was airing Grin

Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #906 on: May 08, 2019, 04:43:31 PM »

I agree, it's legit to scoff and laugh at the silliness. I guess the difference for me is that I am still super engaged with the story and characters so the rest just kind of washes over me.

For the people that think the story is drivel and the characters one dimensional then, yea, I guess the little stuff is going to annoy them more.

Started the first audiobook yesterday, interested to compare the two.

I am also 100% in the camp that Lost was utter garbage and borderline unwatchable after the first couple of seasons so what do I know.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #907 on: May 08, 2019, 05:03:11 PM »

I hate glaring plot holes and scenes where people just don't do the obvious thing. That's why I'm such a fan of factual TV and documentaries.

I can enjoy fictional or even fantasy drama as long as people behave rationally within the confines if the rules that have been created.

Dani walks through fire and has command of a dragon, fine, but she flies it at a barrage of deadly crossbow bolts, dodges the lot and then swerves away without lighting the touchpaper? Bollocks.

It's like when Superman goes into a phone booth to change. He can move at the speed of light FFS. Why doesn't he pop home, remove his Clarke Kent suit, hang it in the wardrobe, iron his shirt, roll his socks into a ball and still have time to be in China to intercept the speeding bullet that's just been fired at Margot Kidder?

The older I get, the better I was.
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #908 on: May 08, 2019, 05:52:54 PM »

and 8 are going down the Lost road for me. I still remember the emptiness at the end of Lost, me and my flatmate shouting at the T.V " You've got to be f**king kidding me" haha

How many series was originally planned for GoT? I remember an announcement 3/4 years ago saying the number of series and episodes were shortening and its played havoc with the end of the show unfortunately. I recently starting watching series 1 with my GF as she hasn't seen the show before and its apple and pears in terms of speed of the show and the plotting nature of the characters. Its more like a late night channel 5 action show now albeit with a bigger budget but comparable plot (flaws included).

@whollyflush on twitter
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #909 on: May 08, 2019, 06:41:02 PM »

and 8 are going down the Lost road for me. I still remember the emptiness at the end of Lost, me and my flatmate shouting at the T.V " You've got to be f**king kidding me" haha

How many series was originally planned for GoT? I remember an announcement 3/4 years ago saying the number of series and episodes were shortening and its played havoc with the end of the show unfortunately. I recently starting watching series 1 with my GF as she hasn't seen the show before and its apple and pears in terms of speed of the show and the plotting nature of the characters. Its more like a late night channel 5 action show now albeit with a bigger budget but comparable plot (flaws included).

Understandable, lol.

I just enjoyed it for what it was. Great characters, and their journeys. Even if it was a mindfuck of an ending Cheesy

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #910 on: May 08, 2019, 06:59:15 PM »

I agree, it's legit to scoff and laugh at the silliness. I guess the difference for me is that I am still super engaged with the story and characters so the rest just kind of washes over me.

For the people that think the story is drivel and the characters one dimensional then, yea, I guess the little stuff is going to annoy them more.

Started the first audiobook yesterday, interested to compare the two.

I am also 100% in the camp that Lost was utter garbage and borderline unwatchable after the first couple of seasons so what do I know.

Well we agree on something Smiley lost makes Got look like the wire or summat

sola virtus nobilitat
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #911 on: May 08, 2019, 07:16:36 PM »

I hate glaring plot holes and scenes where people just don't do the obvious thing. That's why I'm such a fan of factual TV and documentaries.

I can enjoy fictional or even fantasy drama as long as people behave rationally within the confines if the rules that have been created.

Dani walks through fire and has command of a dragon, fine, but she flies it at a barrage of deadly crossbow bolts, dodges the lot and then swerves away without lighting the touchpaper? Bollocks.

They are implying that she is going mad. Runs in the family.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #912 on: May 08, 2019, 07:48:43 PM »

They are implying that she is going mad. Runs in the family.

Byron! How the Devil are you?

Do you know how long it is since we last met?

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #913 on: May 08, 2019, 08:30:13 PM »

I'm very well thank you. I remember last meeting you at a poker tournament but I can't remember where it was. Must have been at least 10 years ago. I hope you and your family are well too.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #914 on: May 08, 2019, 08:42:59 PM »

I'm very well thank you. I remember last meeting you at a poker tournament but I can't remember where it was. Must have been at least 10 years ago. I hope you and your family are well too.

It was at either the Midland Masters or the meltdown circa 2005.

Were all doing fine tyvm.

I hope you don't mind me saying this, bur I've always found you something of a enigma. Over time you get to know stuff about people on here but I know virtually nothing about you. What do you do, where do you live, are you married, etc etc.

it's not fair to hijack this thread BTW, so when you reply you can tell me to mind my own business on my diary it needs the stimulation.

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: