blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:00:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  2014 World Cup Betting / Discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2014 World Cup Betting / Discussion thread  (Read 48037 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 22, 2014, 01:04:38 AM »

Let's see how good he is next year when Suar has moved to Spain, Gerrard is another year closer to being past it at the top level and the Scousers get humiliated in the group stages of the Champs League and finish back in their usual 5th/6th in the EPL.
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 22, 2014, 01:04:57 AM »

Personally think that Henderson was one of England's better players in the WC.
Did his job very well, and did very little wrong.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 22, 2014, 01:05:44 AM »

Don't doubt this, but pads suggesting he is like what, 7th best CM on the world.

Madness.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 22, 2014, 01:07:11 AM »

I don't disagree with this summary but that's massively different to walking into 29 out of the other 31 WC team's first 11s when your team is going home with it's tail behind it's legs after 2 defeats in 2 games!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 22, 2014, 01:11:37 AM »

Don't doubt this, but pads suggesting he is like what, 7th best CM on the world.

Madness.

He wouldn't have to be anywhere near the 7th best CM in the world necessarily to fulfill Pads statement of being in every starting 11 bar 2 in the world cup.  Nothing like that tbf but i get your point.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 22, 2014, 01:12:37 AM »

Madness.
[/quote]

why does it suggest that?

yeah and he is very very inexperienced for a cm at international level

I don't disagree with this summary but that's massively different to walking into 29 out of the other 31 WC team's first 11s when your team is going home with it's tail behind it's legs after 2 defeats in 2 games!

were talking about pre world cup, or are you saying iniesta wouldnt walk into 29 teams because his team lost 2 games?

im saying like every other team, england pick their players on merit, or at least they should. which teams arbboy do you think henderson wouldnt play for in this world cup? if its over 25 then theres a chance we just disagree on a couple of players individually and its variance if its under 25 then we simply disagree on football.

Madness.

He wouldn't have to be anywhere near the 7th best CM in the world necessarily to fulfill Pads statement of being in every starting 11 bar 2 in the world cup.  Nothing like that tbf

exactly.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 22, 2014, 01:14:45 AM »

Jakally is correct, and henderson is a good young Player but can easily disagree with him getting in about 15 of the Teams named. Eg argentina ahead of mascherano and gago?  Just glib to say he would.  Same applies to gerrard, he wouldn't get in either

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 22, 2014, 01:15:16 AM »

for tranparency i think

modric, iniesta, pirlo, kroos, other germans, di maria are way better than henderson, in a completely different league.. its like comparing a right back with a centre half though.

his competition is

khedira, cabaye, xabi alonso, paulinho, de rossi, de jong

and then god knows who from all of the punting countries

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 22, 2014, 01:16:39 AM »

Since you've mentioned Modric, he's not better than Rakitic either.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 22, 2014, 01:18:37 AM »

Jakally is correct, and henderson is a good young Player but can easily disagree with him getting in about 15 of the Teams named. Eg argentina ahead of mascherano and gago?  Just glib to say he would.  Same applies to gerrard, he wouldn't get in either

gago didnt even start the tournament as first choice. like i said in the last post i think its pretty clearly above 25 teams. if anything henderson would be exactly what argentina need, they play so attacking they need players who can cover ground in the centre of the pitch, mascherano and gago especially are not very mobile/worst athletes than henderson.

if mascherano was truly a world class midfielder i doubt he would play in defence for barcelona.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 22, 2014, 01:19:26 AM »

Madness.

why does it suggest that?

yeah and he is very very inexperienced for a cm at international level

were talking about pre world cup, or are you saying iniesta wouldnt walk into 29 teams because his team lost 2 games?

im saying like every other team, england pick their players on merit, or at least they should. which teams arbboy do you think henderson wouldnt play for in this world cup? if its over 25 then theres a chance we just disagree on a couple of players individually and its variance if its under 25 then we simply disagree on football.

Madness.

He wouldn't have to be anywhere near the 7th best CM in the world necessarily to fulfill Pads statement of being in every starting 11 bar 2 in the world cup.  Nothing like that tbf

exactly.
[/quote]

You have summed it up perfectly in the bold sentence.  Hardly any team in the top 6 in the betting would take a chance with such an inexperienced at the top level (internationally/champions league) player in the biggest event in world football.   This is one of the many reasons why England continue to fail at the top table of international football.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 22, 2014, 01:21:20 AM »

do you truly think if henderson was from croatia he would be on the bench in their games in this world cup? that is the point here..

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 22, 2014, 01:23:32 AM »

do you truly think if henderson was from croatia he would be on the bench in their games in this world cup? that is the point here..

It's very hard to say, he wouldn't get picked ahead of Rakitic and Modric though. Whether Croatia would shuffle pack to accommodate all three is too hypothetical for me.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 22, 2014, 01:26:51 AM »

arboy, i agree, they wouldnt play ross barkley, or luke shaw and they would take ashley cole and they would beg john terry.

but henderson has played a super super mature role in a liverpool team, shown great consistency and he played every minute of every game for a reason, because he is reliable and focussed, he is exactly the kind of player who does well in international football.

as you can see with sterling/sturridge one minute they are awesome, the next minute they are awful.

i 10000000% agree with you on your general point, but just dont think henderson falls into that category.

Henderson is 25

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Verratti 21
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Pogba 21
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulinho_(footballer) 25
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luiz_Gustavo 26
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toni_Kroos 24
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Müller 24 (played the last world cup)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesut_Özil 25, played the last world cup

im sure there are many many more...

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 22, 2014, 01:29:26 AM »

ironic thing about this is that ive played against henderson maybe 20 times in my life and always thought he was awful Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: