blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:44:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Marks-ups getting out of hand
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marks-ups getting out of hand  (Read 32567 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2014, 11:33:22 AM »

damm why did i delete him
he seems so good a pokerz too

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2014, 01:53:36 PM »

I think the main point of this thread has been about that particular post rather than mark ups in general.  Completely agree that you can sell for what you want but buyers also have the right to ask you to justify your asking price.

In this case though no justification was provided, the mark up was just added to the selling price and there was no mention of any mark up in the OP.  On top of this not all the tournaments were listed (just a budget for unspecified satellites) and there were some mystery bonus tournaments mentioned (which may or may not be played).  It just seems like really bad tekkers in general.  Members of the poker community made some good points about why this shouldn't be done, which were ignored.

Some members of the non poker community decided to use the 'c' word a lot.

Ive punted my money into worst staking packages.

See here.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=62944.0

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 16, 2014, 02:00:18 PM »

I think what really gets up my nose is the mark up at 1.3 selling 70% actually free rolls the entire package + a small profit plus 30% of any profit before a hand is played..this is a piss take imo... why should players put absolutely nothing into a package?..the deal is structured to enable the player to play a whole schedule with no financial risk at all + a free dinner...blimey its like going out with Vinny Smiley

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2014, 02:05:30 PM »

I think the main point of this thread has been about that particular post rather than mark ups in general.  Completely agree that you can sell for what you want but buyers also have the right to ask you to justify your asking price.

In this case though no justification was provided, the mark up was just added to the selling price and there was no mention of any mark up in the OP.  On top of this not all the tournaments were listed (just a budget for unspecified satellites) and there were some mystery bonus tournaments mentioned (which may or may not be played).  It just seems like really bad tekkers in general.  Members of the poker community made some good points about why this shouldn't be done, which were ignored.

Some members of the non poker community decided to use the 'c' word a lot.

See here.

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 16, 2014, 02:27:39 PM »

I think what really gets up my nose is the mark up at 1.3 selling 70% actually free rolls the entire package + a small profit plus 30% of any profit before a hand is played..this is a piss take imo... why should players put absolutely nothing into a package?..the deal is structured to enable the player to play a whole schedule with no financial risk at all + a free dinner...blimey its like going out with Vinny Smiley

Don't think he did play for nothing, he collected $25 to cover his expenses...

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 16, 2014, 02:42:42 PM »

but he gave bonus tournements.

Everyone keeps saying the value for Scoop 6 is in the bonus fund. Well maybe this is the same? Right? Im not being conned am i i took 110% of the package.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 16, 2014, 02:53:38 PM »

See here.

Even if I put the obvious grammatical error to one side for a second.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/8961445_4ECA3163F4

Just sezzin.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2014, 02:59:48 PM »

but he gave bonus tournements.

Everyone keeps saying the value for Scoop 6 is in the bonus fund. Well maybe this is the same? Right? Im not being conned am i i took 110% of the package.

Was that including the extra $25?  Man has to eat Nandos even when he bricks.  Expect you'd be happy so long as he didn't go soft on the sauce. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2014, 03:06:45 PM »

The Facebook guy at 1.3, the funny thing is it's not the first time he has sold at 1.3.

People may say if there is demand then let the market decide, but surely people have to think about their morals?

I have customers who are more than willing to pay me £25 for door entry, but I choose a door fee of £15. I COULD choose the £25 door fee, but I know it's just too much & not worth it. My morals come into play here, even though I know I can get away with it? Do they have morals?

I repeat the rounded up numbers thing is just so laughable.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2014, 03:31:08 PM »

He used to charge 2.0 so 1.3 is pretty good now Wink

the issue for me is if people who know a limited amount about staking are investing thinking there getting a great deal then this is out of order, and the poker community should educate these people. If this is done by posting repeated questions every time a post goes up then so be it, it should save these people their hard earned money.

If for example a salesmen turned up at your door and offered you a great deal but you saw through it found the issues and knew he was mugging you off then you would turn him away, now if you knew he was then going to go next door to your little old lady neighbor, who has a bit of money but is always looking for ways of getting more, and offer the same deal. Would you warn her first or let her go ahead with the deal because she is blinded by the numbers and thinks shes onto something here. If you have morale's and are a nice person i would like to think you would help your neighbor out offer advice so they don't get ripped off.

Its easy for people who have had thousands of staking transactions to say "let the market decide" BUT as a poker community I think its in our best interest to look after new people to the community and people on the outskirts that are getting ripped off by people within the community.

"ace high"

pvas2

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2014, 04:17:10 PM »

This might get lost here with all this talk of specific players charging ridiculous mark ups but what do people think when MU is tiered? Such as if people but 1% MU = 1.3, 5% = 1.2, 10% = 1.12 etc. I feel this is exploiting the many buyers who like to buy 1% or 0.5% or something small for a sweat. It is reasonably common on 2p2 I think, which is where I occasionally sell my action and there are a lot of people buying under 2% of a lot of packages. Sure it is more of a hassle to send refunds to 20 different players for 1 package but it should only take 5 extra minutes compared to refunding to just 1 or 2 players.

Most of the time I assume players selling on facebook are doing so for 1 of 2 reasons, either they can't sell on forums for some reason, which is suspicious to me or they have a large fan base on facebook and it is easier for all involved to not need to post a SC graph and introduce themselves over and over again. Most of the time the facebook punters will have no effect on me and I just ignore it or wonder why they think it is ok to charge that amount but I am sure some people think that way when I sell on 2p2 and it is often very subjective. I have had good players come up to me and say they think I am really good value at certain prices and then I see other good players buying from others and avoiding mine so they must think I'm not worth it or possibly not good at all. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on these but I don't think they should be necessarily always sharing it.
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2014, 04:29:38 PM »

Most of the time I assume players selling on facebook are doing so for 1 of 2 reasons, either they can't sell on forums for some reason, which is suspicious to me or they have a large fan base on facebook and it is easier for all involved to not need to post a SC graph and introduce themselves over and over again. Most of the time the facebook punters will have no effect on me and I just ignore it or wonder why they think it is ok to charge that amount but I am sure some people think that way when I sell on 2p2 and it is often very subjective. I have had good players come up to me and say they think I am really good value at certain prices and then I see other good players buying from others and avoiding mine so they must think I'm not worth it or possibly not good at all. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on these but I don't think they should be necessarily always sharing it.

I think people that sell regularly or semi regularly will sell to the same people and sell a bunch through facebook, so its way faster to sell on facebook/skype to people who have taken pieces in the past and will probably buy again.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2014, 05:25:50 PM »

Can I just say that if my customers didn't mind whether I charged them £25 or £15 for door entry I would charge them £25 for door entry all day long.

Would let friends in for free mind.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: May 16, 2014, 05:41:51 PM »

Have you seen the mark up Tesco charges on some of it's products?

The older I get, the better I was.
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2014, 05:48:22 PM »

Have you seen the mark up Tesco charges on some of it's products?

Petrol always cheapest at Waitrose. Don't go anywhere else, unless you're a mug of course.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: