blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:12:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Saints and Sinners Southampton FC
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Saints and Sinners Southampton FC  (Read 143832 times)
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: December 22, 2015, 10:48:44 PM »

Hope he gets some game time between now and the end of the season and is on the plane (train) to France. We've got 3 really good keepers, hard to choose between them.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 27, 2015, 12:43:33 PM »

In grand scheme of things 3 points were won yesterday, but imho they were huge points in our season, a loss and we were 4 points from relegation, and 5 points behind team ahead of us the win keeps us within 1 win of a few teams above and some wiggle room behind.

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 02, 2016, 05:29:52 PM »

Second time in the last 12 months that Mane has been dropped for turning up late to a team meeting.

I think it is correct to make an example of him but for goodness sake. Buy the lad an alarm clock. If somebody comes in with 25 million then would think it would be sensible to cash in now.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 02, 2016, 06:20:33 PM »

Your last nine games: LLLDLLW(beat Arsenal 4-0)LL.

WTFGO?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 02, 2016, 06:24:30 PM »

Second time in the last 12 months that Mane has been dropped for turning up late to a team meeting.

I think it is correct to make an example of him but for goodness sake. Buy the lad an alarm clock. If somebody comes in with 25 million then would think it would be sensible to cash in now.

would you let wanayma go?

Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 02, 2016, 07:55:01 PM »

would you let wanayma go?

Not in January. It is too much of a pain to find a replacement, if the right money comes then the Summer will be fine. He was exceptional against Arsenal but has underwhelmed in a number of other games. He is always going to get a red card or two every season as well but you need that sort of player.

Feels like some of the players are just struggling to get up for these games at the moment. We are not playing as badly as results suggest mind you. Certainly no need for a panic but this is where Koeman needs to prove himself. His contract is up the Summer after next and he has always seemed to indicate he won't sign another one in the expectation of a bigger job. Needs to show he is capable of one now.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 03, 2016, 09:29:00 AM »

The chatter seems to suggest it is his way of agitating for a move in the transfer window.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 03, 2016, 12:16:40 PM »

The chatter seems to suggest it is his way of agitating for a move in the transfer window.

It does seem that way after listening to Koeman. Would be really nice as a Saints fan to just have a period of 12-18 months where players actually want to stay at the club.

"I feel let down by some players, yes of course - because we had a different line-up for the game," said Koeman.

"I don't understand it. I don't understand a player that comes in late to the last meeting. You will have to ask him why. I don't know. I didn't ask - otherwise then you get into details and it is already too late."

"My message to Sadio two days ago in training was that I didn't think he was really focused and concentrated," Koeman added.

"Yes I feel let down by him, but it's felt much more by his team-mates because we are a club where we like to treat everybody very respectfully and you have responsibilities as a player, to the fans, to your team-mates, to your board, to the technical staff.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 05, 2016, 11:22:45 AM »

Mane forces the issue as Chelsea and Bayern Munich join Manchester United in chase for Saints star ht

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-bayern-munich-join-manchester-7116775

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 09, 2016, 10:32:34 AM »

Ronald Koeman puts his Southampton future in further doubt as he slams their Academy's work

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ronald-koeman-puts-southampton-future-7142521

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 13, 2016, 08:27:26 PM »

fraser is back

positive news from st marys for once

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 14, 2016, 10:15:34 AM »

I heard Watford were dreadful last night and outclassed!  Think we might have hit the wall due to lack of squad rotation.
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 14, 2016, 10:26:19 AM »

Couldn’t get to the game last night but had a chat to my Dad who did go.

Watford were completely out of sorts. Essentially created absolutely nothing and, on another day, could have been on the end of a hiding.

Koeman has said we are looking to bring in one player in the window. Potentially Stefano Sturaro from Juventus.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-set-improve-transfer-bid-7160179
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 23, 2016, 12:46:13 PM »

How long will Koeman be a Saint?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/southamptons-ronald-koeman-wants-chelsea-7228741

He gave an interview to one of the largest radio stations in Holland yesterday morning.

Presenter - "What about the Chelsea interest? There are rumours that you might go there at the end of the season."
Koeman - "That's something we have to wait on".
Presenter - "Did Chelsea call you?"
Koeman - "No - there has been no call. Guus didn't call."
Presenter - "Does Guus make that decision?"
Koeman - "I don't know, don't think so. Ultimately the people who have the jobs who decide that, make that decision. But if Guus puts in a good word for me, it could have an influence.

In fairness to Koeman, he has never made a secret of his ambition. Expect the wheels have been in motion in the Black Box room for a while working on a shortlist of suitable replacements.
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 23, 2016, 02:12:26 PM »

Any news on Gaston Ramirez down there mate? News up here (Boro) ranges from he is having a medical to we arent interested!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 51 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: