blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:09:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Saints and Sinners Southampton FC
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Saints and Sinners Southampton FC  (Read 143835 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: June 07, 2016, 08:46:00 PM »

lol@tighty

i was just coming along to do the same although its still not official  due to his holiday need a new long term topic name though

"Saints & Sinners"?
apart from wanyama we dont sin much

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 07, 2016, 08:50:28 PM »

'God' was a Saint

ldo

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 07, 2016, 11:08:48 PM »

Le God is and will always be a saint

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 07, 2016, 11:51:27 PM »

lol@tighty

i was just coming along to do the same although its still not official  due to his holiday need a new long term topic name though

"Saints & Sinners"?
apart from wanyama we dont sin much

What's Wanyama done? Lovely lad, great supporter of charities etc.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 07, 2016, 11:55:59 PM »

'God' was a Saint

ldo

A Genius - Loved watching him play, but Ghod was a Celt Wink

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 08, 2016, 12:26:11 AM »

great player, but hard as nails and very rare he gets through a game without sinning and getting a card or 2

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 08, 2016, 10:33:33 AM »

great player, but hard as nails and very rare he gets through a game without sinning and getting a card or 2

Aye he's a tough customer - seems to have reigned back on his more reckless hits though.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 08, 2016, 11:13:04 AM »

so, realistically, who do you want for next manager?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 08, 2016, 12:39:28 PM »

so, realistically, who do you want for next manager?

My priorities would be:-

European Pedigree – This would be number one priority for me – we need a manager that has a good network. Koeman excelled at helping bring players to the club – he was a huge influence behind Pelle, Tadic and Mane. We need a manager that can sell that dream and pull on some previous contacts. Europa League experience would be good – there is no reason why we shouldn’t be looking to compete well in that competition.

History of bringing through young players – The one criticism of Koeman is that he didn’t give our younger players enough of a chance. Players like Harrison Reed were good enough to get first team starts last season and were side-lined. Need someone who knows how to develop our young talent – James Ward Prowse, Jason McCarthy, Matt Targett should all be future first team players but need guidance.

Tactically – we have played a reasonably similar style for the last 6-7 years. We are not quite as intense as Poch had us but a classic 4-3-3 that transitions into a 4-5-1. There is no point bringing in someone who wants to play in a completely different way. Our squad is strong and established – we are in a very different situation compared to when Koeman joined and had to re-build. If nobody leaves this summer then we need perhaps 2-3 players to enhance the squad.

Les Reed has a good track record for recruitment so have faith he will get a good one in. Emerey looks out of reach as he looks to be going to PSG and reportedly turned down Everton so my shortlist would be:-

Frank De Boer
Andres Villas-Boas
Pellegrini
Moyes

Would be happy with any of the top 3. Would need some convincing over Moyes. Really hope we don’t go for Eddie Howe but not surprised to see him in the picture.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 08, 2016, 01:12:41 PM »

Do you think Koeman will come hunting some of his players? I'd think he'd be tempted to try and take the spine - Forster, VVD, Wanyama & Long giving him a known toughening up of Everton. Would need serious money to do so obv.

Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 08, 2016, 01:38:52 PM »

Do you think Koeman will come hunting some of his players? I'd think he'd be tempted to try and take the spine - Forster, VVD, Wanyama & Long giving him a known toughening up of Everton. Would need serious money to do so obv.

I don't think the club would allow it. I think he will try and everyone has a price. We have dug our feet in the sand in the past and expect us to do so again.

We did the same when Poch came calling and blocked Wanyama / J-Rod going to Spurs at the time. Expect the hierarchy to get stubborn again - also helps that Forster and VVD only just signed new 5 year contracts so will take a huge bid to even get to the table. Wanyama will almost certainly go as only has a year left on his contract and no desire to sign a new one. Hopefully not to Everton though.

If it was me then I would point blankly refuse to even have a conversation over any potential transfers with Everton now. Would be the ultimate kick in the teeth to the fans and the board recognise that.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 08, 2016, 02:01:55 PM »

i like the same guys mark has posted one person i was surpirised to see in the odds as low as 16-1 was simone with pie in the .... we aint going to get him but obviously would be great

the good thing about Forster,VVD and JWP the 3 big players that Koeman would be intrested in is they have recently signed long term contracts even if they have release clauses in them  it was too soon
for them to be valid.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 08, 2016, 02:42:52 PM »

It would be really harsh to lose them, but I've an ulterior motive as I'm sure Celtic will have sell on clauses in with Forster VVD & Wanyama.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 08, 2016, 07:18:50 PM »

FDB has seemingly rejected lazio as he wants the saints job

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 08, 2016, 07:22:14 PM »

It would be really harsh to lose them, but I've an ulterior motive as I'm sure Celtic will have sell on clauses in with Forster VVD & Wanyama.

yeah they have and if they do move on it will be for silly money, or why else would you sell a forster or VVD,who are both under 5/6 year deals and are both approaching there prime.
when there is very little if any players better that would be interested in playing for a team outside the big 3 or 4 side in england

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 51 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: