blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:22:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  2014-15 NFL Discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2014-15 NFL Discussion thread  (Read 75541 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: December 09, 2014, 02:13:17 PM »

I'm very much enjoying this Tighty-explains-the-NFL thread.

So, is RGIII toast, or does he have a future.

Johnny Football- a terrible attitude problem or just a bit precocious?

RG3. leaves Washington, becomes a back up somewhere. matures, gets coached well and yes comes back. Will he have the patience for it?

Manziel - starts this week, and we'll see. Bit precocious, no more than that. Another quarterback who runs, will be fun to see if he matures

N doubt he has a tough winning mentality on the field, so thats a start

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 09, 2014, 03:12:02 PM »

Why are the 49ers so bad? Often when I watch them they seem to be better than their opponents, but ending up self destructing. Or sometimes they can't get anywhere on offence. Has everyone figured out Kaepernick now?

very good defence (though missing willis and bowman is unfortunate)

Kaepernick has been worked out, no great arm strength. Range of receving options poor (V Davis at end of career, crabtree inconsistent)

big off field problems. dressing room hates harbaugh, front office hates harbaugh. he will leave then they can go again

this week at seattle Seattle are 10 point favourites and the point make up is 38 or so

this assumes 49ers points of c14, one of the lowest expectations ever

this tells you where the problem is

Most of this correct, but C K has definitely still got a cannon of arm.

Playing with no confidence at the moment.

Frank Gore is shot, not sure why Carlos Hyde hasn't been starting for the last 8 games.

Offensive line is a massive problem too.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 03:16:22 PM by The Camel » Logged

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 09, 2014, 03:13:42 PM »

You can get the Cardinals to win the superbowl @ 28/1. Now I don't know much about american football but they're top of their division, unbeaten at home and the superbowl is played at their home stadium if they get there. Am I missing something here? Seems like ridiculous value

Feed em rice.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: December 09, 2014, 03:19:17 PM »

You can get the Cardinals to win the superbowl @ 28/1. Now I don't know much about american football but they're top of their division, unbeaten at home and the superbowl is played at their home stadium if they get there. Am I missing something here? Seems like ridiculous value

Their last three games are big division games v St Louis, Seattle and 49ers. They might only win one, or maybe lose all three. If they lose the division to Seattle, they might be 6th seeds, which will probably mean having to win at Green Bay in January - gl with that.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 09, 2014, 03:22:40 PM »

I couldn't back them at 100/1

They are injured riddled all the place.

Even though they have the joint best record in the NFC they are no lock to even make the playoffs.

They are playing a surging Rams squad this week followed by a huge trip to Seattle which they will double digit underdogs.

Then it will be a must a win against the niners just  to playoffs.

Drew Stanton has a lot of attributes, but he just isn't good enough to lead the team to wins at Seattle and Green Bay, which they'll have to beat to just make the Superbowl.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: December 09, 2014, 03:22:58 PM »

Their last three games are big division games v St Louis, Seattle and 49ers. They might only win one, or maybe lose all three. If they lose the division to Seattle, they might be 6th seeds, which will probably mean having to win at Green Bay in January - gl with that.

And they might not even make it to Green Bay if they lose the wildcard game or miss out altogether - at least one decent team is not going to make the post-season from the NFC.
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 09, 2014, 03:25:51 PM »

Right I'll avoid that bet like the plague then, cheers for bring this to my attention. Personally I can't see much further than a Packers or Seahawks vs Patriots superbowl, but I only watch the odd bit here and there

Feed em rice.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 09, 2014, 03:28:03 PM »

Right I'll avoid that bet like the plague then, cheers for bring this to my attention. Personally I can't see much further than a Packers or Seahawks vs Patriots superbowl, but I only watch the odd bit here and there

They way the Packers secondary was ripped apart by Julio Jones was eye opening last night.

But Rodgers might be maturiing into the best QB I've ever seen. You'd fancy them to outscore anyone at the moment if he stays fit.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 09, 2014, 03:28:15 PM »

it looks like that, they are the three current favourites but in all probability it won't be

someone will need to win at Lambeau or Foxboro for it not to happen though, hence why these teams are so short and will shorten again if they secure the number one seeds

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 09, 2014, 03:33:14 PM »

I'm hoping the patriots slip up to put the broncos @ number 1 seed for the 2nd year.

Feed em rice.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 09, 2014, 03:53:23 PM »

Just saw this online -

'Aaron Rodgers (107.1 in 99 starts) could go 0 of 69 with 69 INTs tonight & still have best passer rating in 1st 100 NFL starts in SB era'

Different gear!

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 09, 2014, 04:03:16 PM »

Just saw this online -

'Aaron Rodgers (107.1 in 99 starts) could go 0 of 69 with 69 INTs tonight & still have best passer rating in 1st 100 NFL starts in SB era'

Different gear!

Yes, there's quite a few of those in here:

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24873157/falcons-packers-preview-14-things-to-know-about-week-14s-mnf-game?v=1&vc=1

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 09, 2014, 04:30:53 PM »

I would be surprised if RG111 left Washington without giving a QB whisperer type coach a chance to get him sorted out first. Think it's more likely Gruden goes. Triesman be the right type if he gets the bullet from Chicago?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 09, 2014, 06:50:38 PM »

Shit, I hope this turns out well.

According to the Charlotte Observer, Cam Newton was injured in a major car crash in North Carolina Tuesday afternoon.
A truck crashed into another car and overturned at about 12:30pm ET Tuesday. It's reportedly Newton's truck. He was spotted getting medical attention before being loaded into an ambulance via a stretcher. Our thoughts are with Newton right now as we wait for more details to emerge.

Hopefully this is nearer the mark from Rotoworld

Updating an earlier item, Cam Newton was "conscious and smiling" following his Tuesday car accident, and did not want to be taken to the hospital.
WBTV's Steve Crump went so far as to report that Newton suffered "no injuries," and that being loaded onto a stretcher before being taken to the hospital was a "precaution." That would obviously be the best-case scenario after Newton's truck got crunched up in scary fashion. The situation will be updated Tuesday afternoon.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 06:59:50 PM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 09, 2014, 08:37:43 PM »

Saw a pic of his truck and would be very surprised if he suffered anything serious.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: