blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:49:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  2014-15 NFL Discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2014-15 NFL Discussion thread  (Read 75248 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: November 28, 2014, 09:54:05 PM »

Ray Rice reinstated.

Form an orderly queue.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 28, 2014, 11:14:04 PM »

who?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 28, 2014, 11:42:41 PM »

who?

The Colts' new running back. Possibly.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 28, 2014, 11:43:32 PM »

who?

The Colts' new running back. Possibly.

he better not be i have boom herron

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 29, 2014, 12:58:22 AM »

i picked him up just incase

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 01, 2014, 01:07:50 PM »

Isn't Evens Cincy to win the AFC North just the best bet ever?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 01, 2014, 01:12:25 PM »

You are probably right

Have to play Pittsburgh twice. If they at least split those 1-1 then Pitt unlikely to catch them

Obviously if they lose both then Pitt overtake them and have the tiebreaker, but do we think Cincy will lose both? I don't

Browns are dicking around at QB (which i don't understand. Hoyer got them to 7-4, Manziel can't help them make the play offs this year)

The Ravens have to go the the Dolphins and the Texans and yesterday's loss was a big one for their season

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 01, 2014, 01:16:05 PM »

Ray Rice reinstated.

Form an orderly queue.

Crikey.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 01, 2014, 01:52:46 PM »

Ray Rice reinstated.

Form an orderly queue.

Crikey.

While this is an extremely disturbing video, doesn't it put in perspective the calls for Ched Evans to be allowed to play football?

Rape is infinitely more serious crime than assualt, yet people are willing "to give him a second chance".

Do people need to see a video of Evans crime before deciding it is not appropriate to see him return?

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 01, 2014, 02:22:50 PM »

I think the point of living in a civilised society is not only to punish but rehabilitate... we all agree to abide by our lands law...Evans has served his punishment as decreed by our laws whether we agree with it or not..think it wasn't long enough etc etc... is irrelevant..the law is there to decide and we have agreed to abide by it..if we are to continue to vilify him for his crime then we may as well keep him locked up and never let him out... to deny a person the opportunity to continue to earn a living in their chosen profession is draconian and unfair...if he was a plumber are you saying he couldn't mend pipes ? of course not..but because he happens to be a footballer his held extra accountable because his seen as a role model.. sorry are you saying there are people out there that look up to Ched Evans and think...' his alright that Ched think ill do a bit of raping meself cos he did it '

if we are not going to give people a chance or pick and choose on the basis of what they do we may as well revert to sticking them in the town square and throwing rocks at them..

As for Rice... in a way his crime is almost as heinous as he has or been brought up with the mentality that its perfectly OK to assault a woman in such a way as  almost a way of life...tbh she does herself little favour by pretty much saying its ok for her old man to knock her sparko... Jay Z managed to deal with a similar incident without resorting to chinning her into unconsciousness

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 01, 2014, 02:26:16 PM »

As an arguably less controversial aside, how do people think the Michael Vick situation was handled?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 01, 2014, 02:51:31 PM »

Ray Rice reinstated.

Form an orderly queue.

Crikey.

While this is an extremely disturbing video, doesn't it put in perspective the calls for Ched Evans to be allowed to play football?
Rape is infinitely more serious crime than assualt, yet people are willing "to give him a second chance".

Do people need to see a video of Evans crime before deciding it is not appropriate to see him return?

There are certainly parallels between the 2 cases with one crucial difference - Rice was released by his Club, & so the Ravens are not in such a diffucult spot as Sheff U seem to be. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 01, 2014, 02:53:26 PM »

Ray Rice reinstated.

Form an orderly queue.

Crikey.

There are certainly parallels between the 2 cases with one crucial difference - Rice was released by his Club, & so the Ravens are not in such a diffucult spot as Sheff U seem to be. 

I beleieve Evans had his contract cancelled as soon as he was found guilty.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 01, 2014, 03:06:36 PM »

The only thing that surprises me in these cases is that people are surprised these things happen with brain dead athletes who have spent their whole life being told how great they are by friends/family/clubs/colleges/agents/sponsors (the vast majority who only care for their own selfish needs) and become used to the whole sense of being able to walk on water and do whatever they want.  Add huge amounts of money into the mix when they turn pro at a young age with no previous experience of dealing with money and a poor level of upbringing/education in a lot of cases and it's surprising it doesn't happen more often imo.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 01, 2014, 03:25:39 PM »

I was looking at this as well.  Only thing which puts me off as well as playing pitt home and away they have to go to cleveland on the road and play Denver at home.  Not the easiest of run ins.  Pitt must be around the 7/2 mark to beat Cincy twice (which is pretty much their Division price)  Balt lost twice to Cincy and got poor divisional record for the tiebreaker.  albeit the breaker shouldn't be an issue as much in this division with the tied game for Cincy.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: