blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:39:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  UK General Election 2015
Poll
Question: I will be voting for the following in the General election  (Voting closed: May 10, 2015, 02:10:42 PM)
Conservative - 41 (40.6%)
Labour - 20 (19.8%)
Liberal Democrat - 6 (5.9%)
SNP - 9 (8.9%)
UKIP - 3 (3%)
Green - 7 (6.9%)
Other - 3 (3%)
I will not be voting - 12 (11.9%)
Total Voters: 100

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK General Election 2015  (Read 254614 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: May 08, 2015, 12:21:45 PM »

Farage leaving will sound the beginning of the end for UKIP, IMO. Anyone else won't present the same views with the same aplomb.

Great orator, but clearly not a politician.

Too many times I saw interviews where, having spoken most eloquently he then added grimaces/funny faces, or if out and about, if someone added a daft question, his guard would drop and he would round on them.

Obviously not got the proper turn the other cheek grounding of the other leaders, who could go for days with the tefal approach to insults and daft questions.

Not necessarily leaving. Resigning for now and will decide later if he stands for the leadership again in September.

Hope so.

Whilst a true Blue(protest vote against my local guy on local issues, who has a 20k plus majority, but it made me feel good) I have enjoyed watching the ride with Farage, and I think he has something to offer.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: May 08, 2015, 12:29:35 PM »

Farage loses by a couple thousand, in Thanet.

Is it 1 of 2 for the UKIP job, Tighty?

Carswell is the only MP

Suzanne Evans is genuinely impressive. would be the candidate more likely to win them seats in 2020

Had a bet on her @ 5/1 last night.

Hopefully Carswell sees sense, and lets her take Farage's spot Smiley

UKIP are second in 118 seats.

all sorts of implications from that, but political system aside, they've made real progress (which doesn't please me, but i think is a fact).

made the most progress from Labour voters, too

will take some time to work all this out!

I think a significant amount of the UKIP votes are pure protest votes. I know two guys in strong Labour seats who voted UKIP but have no allegiance to their views or policies. They came second in large numbers of seats for that reason.

I don't think they will ever gain any real power.

I think that's a pretty dangerous view. I think only a few few few are the protest votes you describe.

Really? Feels like basically ALL the people i know/know of who vote UKIP did so based exclusively on their anti-EU and tougher immigration policies. Not because they thought UKIP would gain any real power, but to show that they wanted some change on this issue. The new government isn't really going to have a choice but to take heed of how many votes UKIP gained in this election so i suppose it works.  
MelissaChloe

View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: May 08, 2015, 12:31:28 PM »

I predict that Nigel Farage resigning will be bad for the UKIP campaign in the future. Whilst I would never vote UKIP purely cause I am very pro EU, my opinion has changed of him towards the positive throughout the run-up to this election and he does talk sense on a lot of policies. I'm not sure who would be able to lead UKIP and stir up British politics in the way that he has. Like BigAdz said above, without Farage, it might be the beginning of the end for them.

Also such a shame about Nick Clegg resigning too. I do think he is a good leader and there don't seem to be any clear candidates that will step up for the Liberal Democrats. People have been very hard on them this election.

I think Harriet Harman would be a great Labour leader and I think the outcome would have been quite different today if she was leading instead of Ed Milliband.

Having said all this, I'm very much a Tory supporter so obviously thrilled with the result of this election  Smiley

Twitter: MelissaChloe_xo
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: May 08, 2015, 12:33:18 PM »

Who will be deputy PM now?

Boris?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: May 08, 2015, 12:33:19 PM »

I predict that Nigel Farage resigning will be bad for the UKIP campaign in the future. Whilst I would never vote UKIP purely cause I am very pro EU, my opinion has changed of him towards the positive throughout the run-up to this election and he does talk sense on a lot of policies. I'm not sure who would be able to lead UKIP and stir up British politics in the way that he has. Like BigAdz said above, without Farage, it might be the beginning of the end for them.

Hi

look at Suzanne Evans

serious politician, all the conviction of Farage without the pantomime elements

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: May 08, 2015, 12:33:40 PM »

agree with this?

"Labour seems to be blaming David Cameron for the rise of the SNP. Incredible. No. It started when Tony Blair let the devolution genie out of the bottle. It continued with Labour taking its vote in Scotland for granted, and culminated in the terrible Better Together campaign. This is a problem of their own making and it’s about time someone said it."

My eyes are open wide
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: May 08, 2015, 12:34:24 PM »

Farage has hardly resigned. I'd expect him to run again and win especially with the impending referendum in 2017.

Really interesting times. Huge revamp of Labour and Lib Dem and how will the tories cope with such a small majority?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: May 08, 2015, 12:36:05 PM »

i think history will treat Clegg far better than we think currently

basically had to stuff his party for the national good by going into coalition where there was no maths that allowed for another coalition. didn't have too much choice and clearly, i think, was a positive influence as deputy prime minster from 2010-2015

good politician, decent man.

My eyes are open wide
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1703 on: May 08, 2015, 12:38:55 PM »

Would be a good move IMO. This election has shown that personalities are very important in politics (Milliband's lack of) and the British public either love, or are at least entertained by, Boris in the same way we are Prince Phillip.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: May 08, 2015, 12:38:57 PM »

party chairman i would think

teresa may foreign secretary for the eu negotiations

osborne chancellor

one of those two deputy PM

those 3 fight for the leadership in 2019-20 when cameron steps aside

My eyes are open wide
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: May 08, 2015, 12:39:14 PM »

Hi

look at Suzanne Evans

IMO its his "pantomime elements" that make him so successful. Makes him seem closer to one of us. They don't all have to be sheep dipped in whatever politicians are Sheep dipped in for them to resonate.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: May 08, 2015, 12:40:30 PM »

Hi

look at Suzanne Evans

IMO its his "pantomime elements" that make him so successful. Makes him seem closer to one of us. They don't all have to be sheep dipped in whatever politicians are Sheep dipped in for them to resonate.

but to go from here to winning more seats away from the east coast (labour seats in the north apart, the east coast is where the votes piled up) you need someone more serious imo

Evans is good.

My eyes are open wide
MelissaChloe

View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: May 08, 2015, 12:47:33 PM »

I do agree that Farage's pantomime elements are what made me dislike him at first and not be able to take him seriously. He reminded me of my old boss and he was a complete clown. Not someone I would trust to run a country.

The time I actually started to come round to him was when I heard him in a Q&A thing on TV, where he was in a more serious mood and I actually listened to what he was saying rather than just watching his antics. Had I have not seen that side to Farage, I would still very much dislike him.

Would be happy with Boris or Theresa May for deputy PM and eventually leader of the Conservative party. I like Boris for deputy now but would probably prefer Theresa May as leader in 5 years time.

Twitter: MelissaChloe_xo
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1708 on: May 08, 2015, 12:47:42 PM »

This has been a really good thread btw, well done gang, good civilised debate.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: May 08, 2015, 12:51:22 PM »

i think history will treat Clegg far better than we think currently

basically had to stuff his party for the national good by going into coalition where there was no maths that allowed for another coalition. didn't have too much choice and clearly, i think, was a positive influence as deputy prime minster from 2010-2015

good politician, decent man.

Agree, I quite liked him.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 ... 155 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: