blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:25:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  UK General Election 2015
Poll
Question: I will be voting for the following in the General election  (Voting closed: May 10, 2015, 02:10:42 PM)
Conservative - 41 (40.6%)
Labour - 20 (19.8%)
Liberal Democrat - 6 (5.9%)
SNP - 9 (8.9%)
UKIP - 3 (3%)
Green - 7 (6.9%)
Other - 3 (3%)
I will not be voting - 12 (11.9%)
Total Voters: 100

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK General Election 2015  (Read 254644 times)
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #1725 on: May 08, 2015, 02:19:19 PM »

This thread has been very good and while I certainly didn't agree with a lot of what was said, I think in general it was very civil given the subject. Particularly massive hats off to Tighty who provided a lot of information, while appearing to be impartial when I certainly knew that he had a major preference in this election.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: May 08, 2015, 02:20:08 PM »

i think history will treat Clegg far better than we think currently

basically had to stuff his party for the national good by going into coalition where there was no maths that allowed for another coalition. didn't have too much choice and clearly, i think, was a positive influence as deputy prime minster from 2010-2015

good politician, decent man.

Disagree he 'had to stuff his party' and form a coalition. Lib dems saw their only shot at power and took it. In doing so also went back on most of their pre election pledges.
They could have stopped the coalition at any time, at the time I didn't think the coalition would last very long, as per history. Lib dems clung onto there position as they knew they were getting stuffed in this election.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: May 08, 2015, 02:22:17 PM »

Just to add I thought Miliband actually did pretty well in this election and improved his image. The result probably shows he really didn't stand a chance a long way out.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: May 08, 2015, 02:45:21 PM »

Clegg - I resign.

Miliband - I agree with Nick.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: May 08, 2015, 03:10:12 PM »

The fact that UKIP got so many votes but so few seats is also fantastic. It shows that their policies have genuine clout and must be integrated in to labour/conservative policy where possible in the future if they want to secure greater numbers.

All this demonstrates is our voting system is deeply flawed HOWEVER if it delivers strong government then the argument for it is at least more relevant.

I can't help but think the main thing I'll take away from this election is how disengaged people really are from politics. Most don't know how the voting system works and when I tried to talk about the subject to my 17 yo twins they weren't in the least bit interested

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: May 08, 2015, 03:12:19 PM »

Cameron is the first PM since 1900 to have been in power for more than 18 months and to have increased his party's vote share.

pretty amazing, that. In fairness, although it's a result I desperately wanted to avoid, that's a pretty amazing stat.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: May 08, 2015, 03:13:40 PM »

Cameron is the first PM since 1900 to have been in power for more than 18 months and to have increased his party's vote share.

pretty amazing, that. In fairness, although it's a result I desperately wanted to avoid, that's a pretty amazing stat.

I don't think it's that huge an achievement considering his starting point but he's certainly exceeded expectations

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: May 08, 2015, 03:21:29 PM »

The fact that UKIP got so many votes but so few seats is also fantastic. It shows that their policies have genuine clout and must be integrated in to labour/conservative policy where possible in the future if they want to secure greater numbers.

All this demonstrates is our voting system is deeply flawed HOWEVER if it delivers strong government then the argument for it is at least more relevant.

I can't help but think the main thing I'll take away from this election is how disengaged people really are from politics. Most don't know how the voting system works and when I tried to talk about the subject to my 17 yo twins they weren't in the least bit interested

Im sure our parents probably said the same mate!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: May 08, 2015, 03:35:14 PM »

The President of the European Council Donald Tusk has congratulated David Cameron on his election win - and urged him to make the case for Britain to remain in the European Union.

He said: "The United Kingdom plays a key role in ensuring that Europe has a common sense agenda, keeping the emphasis on a competitive economy through an effective Single Market, non-intrusive regulation, openness to trade with other nations, and a confident foreign policy. Objectives which I share.

"I count on the new British government making the case for the United Kingdom's continued membership of the European Union. In that I stand ready to help."

Mr Tusk, who heads the European Council, the forum for the EU's 28 member states, added: "I am deeply convinced that there is no better life outside the European Union, for any country."

from the BBC. After the Union, the battle will turn to saving our relationship with Europe. Weirdly, I think Mr Cameron might be better placed to do that than either Milliband or Clegg.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: May 08, 2015, 03:41:08 PM »

Im sure our parents probably said the same mate!

Perhaps- think apathy is much worse now then say 20 years ago but maybe I'm wrong.

The point re how the political system works stands though. I'm surprised how little people know or how little they care.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: May 08, 2015, 03:43:23 PM »

The Mrs didn't even know who our prime minister was last week and she'll lived here for 5 years.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1736 on: May 08, 2015, 03:53:15 PM »

Lot of buzz around Dan Jarvis to be new Labour leader at 8/1 - someone I have never heard of.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: May 08, 2015, 03:54:53 PM »

Lot of buzz around Dan Jarvis to be new Labour leader at 8/1 - someone I have never heard of.

Michael Crick ‏@MichaelLCrick

Lab front-bencher: "If Chuka was to win, we'd lose every seat north of the Trent. People feel alienated from metropolitan political elite."

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: May 08, 2015, 03:58:31 PM »

the squeezed middle (a guardian chart)

a more rightwing and polarised electoral outcome than in 2010

labour aren't even left wing

@whollyflush on twitter
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: May 08, 2015, 04:02:27 PM »

The Mrs didn't even know who our prime minister was last week and she'll lived here for 5 years.

Mine asked how much I got bribed to vote for my choice as that's standard where she's from!! 
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 ... 155 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: