blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:59:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  UK General Election 2015
Poll
Question: I will be voting for the following in the General election  (Voting closed: May 10, 2015, 02:10:42 PM)
Conservative - 41 (40.6%)
Labour - 20 (19.8%)
Liberal Democrat - 6 (5.9%)
SNP - 9 (8.9%)
UKIP - 3 (3%)
Green - 7 (6.9%)
Other - 3 (3%)
I will not be voting - 12 (11.9%)
Total Voters: 100

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK General Election 2015  (Read 252597 times)
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: April 04, 2015, 01:21:30 AM »

Sturgeons performance was only a surprise to those outside of Scotland, she is a massively impressive politician with a huge amount of debating experience. Jim Murphy must have been absolutely spewing last night. The SNP now have over 100,000 members in a country of just over 5m with another 1600 joining last night alone.

I heard 300 new members signed up from England.  I'm not an SNP fanboy, but I do have much admiration for Sturgeon.  When they repeal that stupde draconian football act then perhaps they may tap into the Celtic fan base a bit more and cause SLAB  more problems.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 04, 2015, 04:00:45 PM »

Ed Milliband seems determined to display incompetence and poor judgement at every turn.  The Torygraph prints a smear story on Sturgeon and rather than waiting to see what the facts are (apparently everyone involved denies he conversation) he dives right in. 

I trust that the price of any post election alliances with Labour in the removal of the buffoon from leadership. 
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 04, 2015, 04:58:48 PM »

Ed Milliband seems determined to display incompetence and poor judgement at every turn.  The Torygraph prints a smear story on Sturgeon and rather than waiting to see what the facts are (apparently everyone involved denies he conversation) he dives right in. 

I trust that the price of any post election alliances with Labour in the removal of the buffoon from leadership. 

It's all very coordinated, Ed, Murphy, Dugdale all over it in minutes. Suspicion is now falling on the LIb Dems as they try desperately to keep Kennedy, Swinson et al in place (Alexander has no chance) which would explain Rennie being on message so quickly. It didn't take long for the dark arts to start after Sturgeons strong showing in the leaders debate.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 05, 2015, 03:56:32 PM »

The standard of journalism from the Telegraph, The Mail and the BBC in particular over this debacle is staggerring. 

Total incompetence, imagine even putting to print something that was 4th hand information without getting rebuttles from either of the main protagonists of the story. 

I have said before how the british establishment are masters of the dark arts of propoganda and disinformation.  I saw Sturgeon interviewed yesterday by James Cook and I thought once again she came over fantastically well, instead of going on the defence she was batting for the attack and demanding answers from the civil service, foreign office and the Scottish Office. 

As much as the media looked incompetent that was nothing compared to how Labour looked. From the ledership both north and south right down to spin doctors and grass root activists an absolute sham.  The Barclay brothers must be rubbing their hands with glee. 
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 12, 2015, 11:32:47 AM »

Almost felt sorry for poor George Osborne this morning, being beaten up by Andrew Marr. Never seen Marr so aggressive.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 13, 2015, 11:34:32 AM »

24 days to, what are the polls saying today?

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2015/feb/27/guardian-poll-projection

just trying to look independently, without any personal biases, i have to say that the Conservative campaign is terrible

what have they paid Lynton Crosby the big bucks for? my word its a shocker.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 13, 2015, 11:38:29 AM »

Lynton Crosby has been a complete failure.  The Tory campaign has lacked energy and focus.  Really, really poor.  Labour's campaign has been much more impressive. 
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #547 on: April 13, 2015, 12:14:39 PM »

Recent poll when people were asked the following question - 'when people criticise my party it feels like a personal insult'

SNP supporters - 52%, all the GB-wide parties were under 25%.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #548 on: April 13, 2015, 12:17:59 PM »

Lynton Crosby has been a complete failure.  The Tory campaign has lacked energy and focus.  Really, really poor.  Labour's campaign has been much more impressive. 

The Crosby cabinet has been shown to be bare, but I think it's just more to do with the fact that the Tories have got nothing except 'Ed Miliband is a bit weird'. Their only positive campaign note is the economy, but no one believes their economic stats.

Miliband has certainly turned a corner in terms of his public image (which was Labour's major negative).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 13, 2015, 01:25:08 PM »

high brow analysis

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 13, 2015, 03:51:31 PM »

The Crosby cabinet has been shown to be bare, but I think it's just more to do with the fact that the Tories have got nothing except 'Ed Miliband is a bit weird'. Their only positive campaign note is the economy, but no one believes their economic stats.

Miliband has certainly turned a corner in terms of his public image (which was Labour's major negative).

Has he?? Is this evidenced in polls, because I don't know anyone that thinks this?

I cant see I'm ever that confident in Cameron, but I see the Balls and Milliband roadshow, and i get more nervous each time I see them, because they seem to even be convincing themselves they wont cock it all up!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 13, 2015, 04:12:28 PM »

Milliband didn't come out too badly in the TV debates - but I'm not sure if there's enough evidence to really know for sure whether that's helped fix his image problem

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 13, 2015, 07:11:29 PM »

Milliband is just spouting rhetoric and a wish list of raising living standards/cutting taxes/cutting the deficit/investing more/pay rises everywhere. The crowds are going mad. Are they really that simple?

Not heard one clear/specific idea as to how he will do this.

Time will tell what this nation wants more. Empty dreams and wishes, or anyone else!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 13, 2015, 08:13:00 PM »

Milliband is just spouting rhetoric and a wish list of raising living standards/cutting taxes/cutting the deficit/investing more/pay rises everywhere. The crowds are going mad. Are they really that simple?

Time will tell what this nation wants more. Empty dreams and wishes, or anyone else!

orly?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 13, 2015, 08:14:14 PM »

orly?

Yes really 
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 155 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: