blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:35:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  UK General Election 2015
Poll
Question: I will be voting for the following in the General election  (Voting closed: May 10, 2015, 02:10:42 PM)
Conservative - 41 (40.6%)
Labour - 20 (19.8%)
Liberal Democrat - 6 (5.9%)
SNP - 9 (8.9%)
UKIP - 3 (3%)
Green - 7 (6.9%)
Other - 3 (3%)
I will not be voting - 12 (11.9%)
Total Voters: 100

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK General Election 2015  (Read 253892 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: April 16, 2015, 09:40:10 PM »

The audience selection is a shocker though. Anybody right If Centre in it at all? Farage is playing to his Core vote well. Audience hates him, his voters likely to hate this audience...

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 16, 2015, 09:48:51 PM »

The audience selection is a shocker though. Anybody right If Centre in it at all? Farage is playing to his Core vote well. Audience hates him, his voters likely to hate this audience...

What a shocker, a left wing audience in a BBC run programme
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 16, 2015, 09:51:12 PM »

None of these are coming across as credible. Cameron def dropped a bollock by not turning up. Clegg who?

Ah! The element of surprise
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 16, 2015, 10:04:56 PM »

Another clear win for Sturgeon. 

The best leader labour never had, some people claim.  Can't disagree.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 16, 2015, 10:10:23 PM »

What a shocker, a left wing audience in a BBC run programme

audience was selected by a polling organisation not bbc...you forget the "right" don't have a majority in any poll

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 16, 2015, 10:10:56 PM »

Thought miliband won it. Sturgeon pleading at the end for deals was dire.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 16, 2015, 10:12:46 PM »

The best leader labour never had, some people claim.  Can't disagree.

Does Nicola ever lose Kmac in your rose tinted glasses?  She sounded very desperate at times tonight trying to get into bed with red ed.  Impressed he stood up to her.  Thought he might fall into the lovey dovey trap she was trying to set.  We all know he will fall in bed with her as it is the only way he can get the power he needs to run the country but fair play to him for lying to the public that he won't tonight live on tv when we all know he will.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 10:37:15 PM by arbboy » Logged
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 16, 2015, 10:18:43 PM »

Don't understand how anyone can buy this end/anti austerity guff from the left. You've got to wonder if the guys pitching this stuff even own a calculator and have looked at the numbers? Nobody wants austerity, but with debt in the UK still rising these guys want to send the country totally skint.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 16, 2015, 10:33:09 PM »

Don't understand how anyone can buy this end/anti austerity guff from the left. You've got to wonder if the guys pitching this stuff even own a calculator and have looked at the numbers? Nobody wants austerity, but with debt in the UK still rising these guys want to send the country totally skint.

Spose you know the numbers?

The Tory party "austerity" sale is simply a way of screwing the poor and vulnerable and keeping their rich mates from making a contribution to society

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 16, 2015, 10:41:02 PM »

Does Nicola ever lose Kmac in your rose tinted glasses?  She sounded very desperate at times tonight trying to get into bed with red ed.  Impressed he stood up to her.  Thought he might fall into the lovey dovey trap she was trying to set.  We all know he will fall in bed with her as it is the only way he can get the power he needs to run the country but fair play to him for lying to the public that he won't tonight live on tv when we all know he will.

Nae borra mate away you go back to predicting biases at BAGS meetings.  In the event you missed it, I'm not an SNP fan boy but Sturgeon won hands down.   Just because you don't like what she says doesn't mean she didn't win. 
relaedgc

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 16, 2015, 10:42:51 PM »

I voted for the Conservatives in 2010. If I could have voted, I would have voted for Labour in 2005.

My constituency has been Labour held for the last two decades, although it's a surprisingly small majority (2,000 votes or 5.5%). I suspect the erosion of traditional working class Labour voters is down to growth in Luton as a desirable commuter location.

The sample sizes that I have to work with aren't sufficient for any legitimate analysis but the average voter that I've discussed politics with will say, "Labour is the party for the working class. The Conservatives are for the rich" and I suspect a significant proportion of the electorate work off of those assumptions without any further consideration of policies, debates or on-going issues. I don't believe that most people are minded to vote tactically.

Personally, I don't feel that there are vast differences in the 'main two' parties and it's largely inconsequential in so far as my life goes who holds power in Westminster - this election is interesting however because I think people are starting to recognise that it's not going to be a majority government. I'm thoroughly uninterested in the thought of a Labour/SNP government and my vote is going to the Conservatives largely on the basis that they're middling competent with the economy and because I think the Barnett formula is an unfair measure of public expenditure - so the thought of the SNP holding the balance of power when they already benefit significantly is a distressing concept.

Woodsey - I don't think your typical voter cares a whit about 'the debt' in comparison to the perception of how austerity has negligibly impacted upon their lives. (I am not versed enough to really comment on the impact it has on the lives of the average individual - I don't think it really makes a blind bit of difference to me one way or the other).
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 10:48:00 PM by relaedgc » Logged

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
Friedrich Nietzsche
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 16, 2015, 10:42:58 PM »

Nae borra mate away you go back to predicting biases at BAGS meetings.  In the event you missed it, I'm not an SNP fan boy but Sturgeon won hands down.   Just because you don't like what she says doesn't mean she didn't win. 

I don't mind what she says.  I think she is a great public speaker.  I just don't want the country going skint as she would spend even more cash we can't afford than red ed would.  Put the two together and it would be total chaos.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 16, 2015, 10:44:14 PM »

I think Miliband is doing well. Cameron definitely dropped one by ducking it

Recovered a bit, gonna look a bit dumb when he scurries round after the election trying to do a deal with the SNP

sola virtus nobilitat
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 16, 2015, 10:47:22 PM »

Spose you know the numbers?

The Tory party "austerity" sale is simply a way of screwing the poor and vulnerable and keeping their rich mates from making a contribution to society

Yes I do know the numbers roughly, here educate yourself...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_national_debt

Even if taxes rise austerity  has to continue, even Labour would agree with that.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 16, 2015, 10:49:11 PM »

Yes reading the wiki page is all we need to know. WP

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 ... 155 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: