blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:01:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  UK General Election 2015
Poll
Question: I will be voting for the following in the General election  (Voting closed: May 10, 2015, 02:10:42 PM)
Conservative - 41 (40.6%)
Labour - 20 (19.8%)
Liberal Democrat - 6 (5.9%)
SNP - 9 (8.9%)
UKIP - 3 (3%)
Green - 7 (6.9%)
Other - 3 (3%)
I will not be voting - 12 (11.9%)
Total Voters: 100

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK General Election 2015  (Read 254503 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #885 on: April 29, 2015, 11:11:10 AM »

Cameron knows the risks of nationalism – but doesn’t care if he splits the country

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/apr/28/cameron-nationalism-split-country-national-identity-ory-english-grievance

There are real risks for the SNP in supporting a minority Labour government

http://www.heraldscotland.com/comment/columnists/there-are-real-risks-for-the-snp-in-supporting-a-minority-labour-government.124529515

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #886 on: April 29, 2015, 12:05:30 PM »

"The Tories could win more seats in Scotland than Labour or the Lib Dems"

Con only 3% behind Lab on this morning's eye opening 54% SNP poll

https://www.politicshome.com/party-politics/articles/story/snp-could-win-every-seat-scotland-poll

My eyes are open wide
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #887 on: April 29, 2015, 12:17:53 PM »

NicolaSturgeon is the most popular politician in Britain - in all regions, age groups, with both men and women

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/wider-political-news/poll-shows-sturgeon-is-now-the-most-popular-politician-across-britain.124601616

Funny is that, everyone I know and have spoken to about her don't like her at all.

Seems a good politician, I hate most of the things that come out of her gob though lol.

Every time I switch on the TV she seems to be on.

She appears to be getting a significant amount of air time given she is the leader of a party contesting a limited number of seats. Are the leaders of the NI parties or Welsh party getting anywhere near the same publicity? I don't think so.

Whilst I agree she is a good politician, she seems to get a relatively easy ride when interviewed compared to Labour/Tories as well.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #888 on: April 29, 2015, 12:25:36 PM »

its certainly very difficult to question the SNP/Sturgeon without supporters taking the whole thing extremely personally and an insult to their nation etc. much of it gets dismissed as union/westminster bias before any validity is even considered

i also gather than SNP members of the scottish parliament are forbidden from public criticism..no equivalents of tory or labour rebel/awkward squads allowed

all that said, in a terrible conservative campaign the one thing that has resonated from it in england, comes up on the doorstep a lot according to planty of canvassers, is the "risk of snp propping up labour" argument

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #889 on: April 29, 2015, 12:47:23 PM »

Here are four graphs that summarise all these Scottish polls. SNP to win 50%+ and 55+ seats?

www.may2015.com

My eyes are open wide
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #890 on: April 29, 2015, 01:40:56 PM »

What's everyone's views in red ed and brand having a cosy night in together?

I am looking forward to seeing this.

I still have no idea who I am going to vote for but stance is certainly warming towards Ed. Interested to see how he comes across. Interviews like this will certainly have more impact on my voting stance than the more formulaic newsnight pieces and political broadcasts which I wouldn't be watching.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #891 on: April 29, 2015, 03:12:05 PM »

« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 03:13:46 PM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #892 on: April 29, 2015, 03:53:28 PM »

"The £850 billion it cost to bail out the banks".  Ed just nods ffs.  Surely he knows that it didn't cost anything like that amount, and that we are going to get most of it back when all the stakes in banks are sold.  Presumably the levy on banks and the various fines aren't going to be insignificant going forward either.

http://www.nao.org.uk/highlights/taxpayer-support-for-uk-banks-faqs/

The total current level of support provided to banks has fallen significantly from its peak level.

The £133 billion cash provided has been reduced to £101 billion because:

banks and the Financial Services Compensation Scheme had made cumulative net repayments;

Northern Rock plc was sold to Virgin Money at the end of 2011; and

some of the shareholding in Lloyds Banking Group was sold in September 2013 and March 2014.

The total £1,029 billion guarantees and non-cash support has fallen significantly and stood at £21 billion as at 31 March 2014. All of the sector wide support schemes have now closed.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #893 on: April 29, 2015, 04:03:15 PM »

That's dreadful from Miliband.  Allows Brand to spout a garbage figure that he knows full well in wrong just because it fits with his political narrative.

Really poor.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #894 on: April 29, 2015, 04:08:13 PM »

i expect the video will play significantly better if you are

a) a russell brand fan

b) 18-30

i'm neither, and regard it as laughably poor...but i do think its very good PR from Ed to do it and try to tap into a segment of the population who he would like to energise to vote

My eyes are open wide
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #895 on: April 29, 2015, 05:18:19 PM »

^ I'm a and b and really liked it. Probably still not going to bother voting but really unsure of who id vote for if I did. Ed is edging DC tbh and the others don't come close, don't really get all the hate for him. I'm poorly informed and undoubtedly simple minded when it comes to politics though.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #896 on: April 29, 2015, 06:06:48 PM »

I think Ed's had a blinder there for his target of getting votes from 18-30.

I thought he was credible, honest and accessible.

If you agree with Brand at any level (and lord knows I think he's an arse) and are in the 18-30 group and you weren't voting before I think there's a very strong possibility you'll at least consider voting Labour, which was exactly what Ed planned to do.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #897 on: April 29, 2015, 06:30:44 PM »

That's dreadful from Miliband.  Allows Brand to spout a garbage figure that he knows full well in wrong just because it fits with his political narrative.

Really poor.

They all do it though.  They are happy for people to blame the deficit on the banks regardless of the fact they are currently net contributors to the treasury.   At least Russell Brand had a go at the likes of Amazon who are, in my eyes, need far more criticism than the banks. 

Though bashing non dons and big business is fun whilst not in office, none of them have gone close to explaining their tax rises or budget cuts.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
dakky

View Profile
« Reply #898 on: April 29, 2015, 06:42:23 PM »

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scots-pensioner-bets-30000-tories-5603568

Must have been on the buckfast
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #899 on: April 29, 2015, 06:51:39 PM »

http://www.dontbeafuckingidiot.uk/

If you're a coalition fan or don't like swearing, don't click this.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 ... 155 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: