blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:44:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  UK General Election 2015
Poll
Question: I will be voting for the following in the General election  (Voting closed: May 10, 2015, 02:10:42 PM)
Conservative - 41 (40.6%)
Labour - 20 (19.8%)
Liberal Democrat - 6 (5.9%)
SNP - 9 (8.9%)
UKIP - 3 (3%)
Green - 7 (6.9%)
Other - 3 (3%)
I will not be voting - 12 (11.9%)
Total Voters: 100

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK General Election 2015  (Read 254298 times)
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: January 24, 2015, 04:08:31 PM »

I hope the SNP do well enough to get the conservatives elected 

It doesn't matter how Scotland votes, we already covered this in the referendum debate.  Scotland gets the government England votes for. 

To be perfectly honest I'd rather Cameron got another term than that prick Milliband, Labour are finished in my books.  They have very little political talent.   The entire UK will be in a worse position if they get elected.  For Scotland 5 more years of Conservative rule will most definitely mean independence.  I always argues that 2015 for the indy ref was 4 years too early. 
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 25, 2015, 02:58:06 PM »

So Nicola Sturgeon says she is going to support Labour after the election.

And the Lib-Dems have much more in common with Labour than with the Conservatives. Clegg says that they went with them the last time because they had nearly 50 seats more than Labour and we're "entitled" to try to govern the country. That won't be the case this time and the Lib-Dems will most likely support Labour.

If Labour performs strongly enough, Miliband may be able to choose between the Lib-Dems and SNP. Or he may need the support of both. A minority Labour government supported from outside by LD, SNP and Greens is quite possible.

One way or another, after Sturgeon's interview on the Marr programme this morning, the biggest issue of the election is decided. Ed Miliband will be Prime Minister in May.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 25, 2015, 03:01:40 PM »

So Nicola Sturgeon says she is going to support Labour after the election.

And the Lib-Dems have much more in common with Labour than with the Conservatives. Clegg says that they went with them the last time because they had nearly 50 seats more than Labour and we're "entitled" to try to govern the country. That won't be the case this time and the Lib-Dems will most likely support Labour.

If Labour performs strongly enough, Miliband may be able to choose between the Lib-Dems and SNP. Or he may need the support of both. A minority Labour government supported from outside by LD, SNP and Greens is quite possible.

One way or another, after Sturgeon's interview on the Marr programme this morning, the biggest issue of the election is decided. Ed Miliband will be Prime Minister in May.

if the Conservatives have the most seats they will be invited to try to form a government first. they may end up in a short lived minority goverement but there is many a slip between your post and its last sentence

All to play for

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 26, 2015, 10:35:18 PM »

Some tweets!

Mike Smithson @MSmithsonPB  ·  1m 1 minute ago
ComRes phone poll for Indy
CON 31+2
LAB 30-2
LD 8-4
UKIP 17+1
GRN 7+2
So 4 pollsters today have it within 1 point

Anthony Wells @anthonyjwells  ·  two hearts 2 hours ago
3 polls so far today:
Populus, C34, L35, LD9, UKIP13, GRN6
Ashcroft, C32, L32, LD6, UKIP15, GRN9
Survation, C31, L30, LD7, UKIP23, GRN3
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 27, 2015, 06:52:01 PM »

Incred, didnt know we'd moved to fixed term parliaments

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 29, 2015, 11:00:36 AM »

With the Tories now 1.9 favs for GE15, @paulmotty puts their momentum down to these 4 reasons

https://betting.betfair.com/politics/general-election-2015-betting/four-reasons-why-the-tories-have-momentum-280115-171.html

My eyes are open wide
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 29, 2015, 08:17:54 PM »

Ah........most seats. For a minute I thought you were saying they were favourites to be in government.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 30, 2015, 10:05:38 AM »

They are favs to be in Government as well.

PM after GE

Cameron 4/7
Miliband 5/4
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 30, 2015, 06:28:26 PM »

controversial one

"Forget the hype. The 2015 general election is not balanced on a knife edge. Nor is it  “too close to call”. Barring a political deus ex machina, the only question that now remains is will the Tories manage to secure a majority, or will they be returned to government as part of a coalition or  a minority administration.

Labour’s hopes died this week. "

http://www.totalpolitics.com/opinion/447822/the-election-is-not-on-a-knife-edge.thtml

My eyes are open wide
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: January 30, 2015, 08:44:54 PM »

controversial one

"Forget the hype. The 2015 general election is not balanced on a knife edge. Nor is it  “too close to call”. Barring a political deus ex machina, the only question that now remains is will the Tories manage to secure a majority, or will they be returned to government as part of a coalition or  a minority administration.

http://www.totalpolitics.com/opinion/447822/the-election-is-not-on-a-knife-edge.thtml

Amazing approval ratings from history and now

Kinnock ('87)   -30
Milliband (now)   -35 !!!!!!!!!!!!
Foot (83)       -39

It's amazing that the Tories can't even get a slight majority.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 30, 2015, 09:59:37 PM »

controversial one

"Forget the hype. The 2015 general election is not balanced on a knife edge. Nor is it  “too close to call”. Barring a political deus ex machina, the only question that now remains is will the Tories manage to secure a majority, or will they be returned to government as part of a coalition or  a minority administration.

Haven't most sane people thought this for months anyway that Red Ed is unelectable as PM?  It's just a case of whether UKIP stop the tories getting a majority?
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 30, 2015, 10:32:58 PM »

controversial one

Kinnock ('87)   -30
Foot (83)       -39

Just shows how bad the Tories are imo. Labour fk'ed up having Ed as leader, David as leader would have seen a Labour victory come May
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 30, 2015, 10:33:34 PM »

controversial one

Kinnock ('87)   -30
Foot (83)       -39

Just shows how bad the Tories are imo. Labour fk'ed up having Ed as leader, David as leader would have seen a Labour victory come May

totally agree and pretty sure most of the labour party think the same.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: January 31, 2015, 12:15:00 AM »

controversial one

Article written by Dan Hodges.

Who he?

Glenda Jackson's son, former Blairite, supported David Miliband in the leadership election, voted for Boris in the London Mayoral election, now writes for The Telegraph and is said to be David Cameron's favourite columnist.

So, pinch of salt and all that.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 31, 2015, 12:40:28 AM »

controversial one

"Forget the hype. The 2015 general election is not balanced on a knife edge. Nor is it  “too close to call”. Barring a political deus ex machina, the only question that now remains is will the Tories manage to secure a majority, or will they be returned to government as part of a coalition or  a minority administration.

Article written by Dan Hodges.

Who he?

Glenda Jackson's son, former Blairite, supported David Miliband in the leadership election, voted for Boris in the London Mayoral election, now writes for The Telegraph and is said to be David Cameron's favourite columnist.

So, pinch of salt and all that.

Says the leftie, grind of pepper and all that lol
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 155 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: