blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:20:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Ched Evans
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ched Evans  (Read 111436 times)
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 22, 2014, 07:13:56 PM »

Pretty meh pre-prepared statement.  I'd have preferred something from the heart.

So obviously reading from an auto cue.

He doesn't sound like the sharpest knife in the tool box does he?

It would be horrifically unadvisable to say anything other than a statement your lawyer agreed when pending an appeal. Surely we didn't expect this to be off the cuff? He sounds like most reading from a statement who do not do it as a matter of course.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: October 22, 2014, 07:21:20 PM »

Pretty meh pre-prepared statement.  I'd have preferred something from the heart.

Bit harsh Keith.  It is fairly clearly one of the toughest things he has had to do in his life and presumably he had some input into what was on the autocue.  I actually think he came across okay.

For a rapist.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 22, 2014, 07:24:22 PM »

Bit harsh Keith.  It is fairly clearly one of the toughest things he has had to do in his life and presumably he had some input into what was on the autocue.  I actually think he came across okay.

Feel like he should definitely have said something about the way some of his supporters had treated the victim.

Even if he still claims innocence, he's got to see that behaviour is unacceptable because it might discourage rape victims going to the police in the future.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 22, 2014, 07:55:11 PM »

Feel like he should definitely have said something about the way some of his supporters had treated the victim.

Even if he still claims innocence, he's got to see that behaviour is unacceptable because it might discourage rape victims going to the police in the future.

Yes that is true although if what Arb says above about his in laws not only spearheading it all but bankrolling it too then he might not be in a position to.

Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 22, 2014, 08:07:49 PM »

It would be horrifically unadvisable to say anything other than a statement your lawyer agreed when pending an appeal. Surely we didn't expect this to be off the cuff? He sounds like most reading from a statement who do not do it as a matter of course.

I disagree he may have got a bit more sympathy/empathy from the viewing public had he done it from  the heart.  I think some of the worse statements I have ever heard come directly from lawyers. 
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 22, 2014, 08:09:25 PM »

I couldn't disagree more strongly with this.  He can't be hed responsible for his supporters. 

He should have got the McCann's PR people involved he'd be off scot-free b now.
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 22, 2014, 08:58:34 PM »

Yep juries have never made mistakes previously

TBF I reckon a lot more guilty people get off, than not-guilty ones sent down. Particularly since a person's previous convictions cannot be mentioned and influence a decision.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 22, 2014, 09:10:24 PM »

Yep juries have never made mistakes previously

TBF I reckon a lot more guilty people get off, than not-guilty ones sent down. Particularly since a person's previous convictions cannot be mentioned and influence a decision.

Maybe so but its upto the Police/PF/Prosecution team to make sure a case is packaged correctly for court.  If they are air tight and make sure they drill the witness and prepare them properly.

Additionally one of my main issues with the justice system is the number of cases that are tried that are not in the public interest. 

In the last few years in Scotland a fair few lads have been taken through the courts about songs sang at the football due to the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012, most of these are Celtic fans sing pro Republican songs, and whether I agree with them or not (I don't in the majority of occasions) the previous laws were sufficient, but not one of these cases have resulted in a successful prosecution yet as far as I know and I know of at least 10 boys were case was dismissed.  Other scenarious were this happens is petty crimes or repeat offenders going through the system or prosecutions for guys caught with a bit of charlie (personal use) or hash.  Additionally the number of small time dealers who are going to get 12 to 18 month then out in 6 months.  We need a radical overhaul of the entire system imo. 

I know the above has gone off topic, but it relates to your point imo as in there are too many cases going through the courts and as such the correct time/resources aren't pointed at the real crimes that have a major impact on peoples day to day lives. 
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 22, 2014, 09:11:37 PM »

I couldn't disagree more strongly with this.  He can't be hed responsible for his supporters. 

He should have got the McCann's PR people involved he'd be off scot-free b now.

Easy to say "I appreciate everyone's support more than you can know. But please guys, can you lay off talking about the complainant. She has suffered through this whole ordeal, even though I still maintain my innocence, the time has come to stop harrassing her and let her rebuild her life." or something like that

buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 22, 2014, 10:09:44 PM »

If he genuinly is innocent though, he probably feels this girl who has wrongly accused him deserves as much pain and suffering as he has been put through. Accusing somebody of rape could ruin somebodies life every bit as much as being raped.

Not that i am saying that he is innocent though.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 22, 2014, 10:15:10 PM »

If he genuinly is innocent though, he probably feels this girl who has wrongly accused him deserves as much pain and suffering as he has been put through. Accusing somebody of rape could ruin somebodies life every bit as much as being raped.

Agree with this.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: October 22, 2014, 10:24:38 PM »

Agree with this.

Being raped, and the convicted rapist's family and friends abusing you online, outing you on twitter, and forcing you to move house, whilst the convicted rapist shows absolutely no remorse must ruin your life as well.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 22, 2014, 10:27:54 PM »

Agree with this.

Being raped, and the convicted rapist's family and friends abusing you online, outing you on twitter, and forcing you to move house, whilst the convicted rapist shows absolutely no remorse must ruin your life as well.

Forcing you to move house/area and change your identify twice in 2 years must be pretty fucking stressful.
samurai

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 22, 2014, 11:03:43 PM »

Whilst he's not responsible directly for his supporters actions he could have, and still could, have told them enough is enough. I can't believe that what's gone on is going to help any appeal so it's commonsense too.
And what in God's name have the McCanns got to do with anything? The things people write make my eyes bleed...
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 22, 2014, 11:09:27 PM »

I think for now, he should be banned at least until his complete 5 year sentence is served.

If he's innocent, he should concentrate on clearing his name. When he's exonerated, then he can return straight away.

If he's guilty, the football pitch is no place for a rapist. Football players who are caught match fixing or even spot fixing are banned for life.

Any ban less than life completely trivialises the crime.

Find yourself another career away from the limelight.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 45 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: