blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:21:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Official partypoker UK Constructive Player Feedback (to Rob)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official partypoker UK Constructive Player Feedback (to Rob)  (Read 97617 times)
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 01, 2017, 10:23:58 PM »

It is Party who has made an 'error' if their software is so poor an ambiguous that it could even leave open the chance for a player to make a 1k misclick.

I don't know of any circumstance where I would want to use money to buy into a tournament when I have a ticket for it, especially as tickets have such a short expiry. Yet we are offered these two very small boxes with small font to choose from every time. This is in contrast to the 'would you like to re-enter?' bright orange box that appears massively over the middle of the table the second you bust which you could easily click on again even if you didn't want to re-enter.

The fault was with party in the first place for regging you into the wrong target tournament. The second 'error' they made was allowing the possibility of your 1k ticket to fall through the cracks of their inadequate system (when you were trying to recitify their mistake) and into the unused ticket mountain that I'm sure develops every week due to the inefficiencies and lack of clarity in their satellite trees.

It is quite different to play a satty for the 10k main and the 25k high roller. Their software made the mistake and you have profited nothing from it. There is no other logical thing for them to do but give you $1050 or at least the same amount in tournament dollars to take things back to even. Otherwise they have raked an extra $1050 out of that particular satellite because of poor quality software
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 02, 2017, 06:53:17 AM »

I won a satellite to the $1050 main event last week. It registered me to a satellite for the next day, to win a seat to a $25k event instead of the main event, which it was supposed to register me to. I did not fancy playing that so I unregistered, went to tickets, clicked the $1050 ticket and clicked to enter the main event. Only after confirming did I realise it used cash instead of my ticket.

Surely Party should give me T$ for this unused ticket right? I fired off a quick email to support explaining the situation and was told to wait till pokerfest had finished. It isn't as if I have entered a sat to a tournament I wouldn't play or I have taken tickets out of the economy by grinding the sats. I entered, won and then entered the target tournament after winning...

Party support have told me after a follow up email that I made an error and the ticket is gone from my account now and I will be given $0 compensation.

To kick me while I'm down they said I am a "valued customer". They don't seem to realise they have stolen $1050 from me.

Am I being ridiculous here?

EDIT: I didn't even get offered rakeback on the $1050 they've basically raked from me without me playing a hand
could i have your username please? Also dates and id numbers for the satellites/tournaments played/intended to play. I will then ask for this to be looked at

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
pvas2

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 02, 2017, 04:21:57 PM »

I won a satellite to the $1050 main event last week. It registered me to a satellite for the next day, to win a seat to a $25k event instead of the main event, which it was supposed to register me to. I did not fancy playing that so I unregistered, went to tickets, clicked the $1050 ticket and clicked to enter the main event. Only after confirming did I realise it used cash instead of my ticket.

Surely Party should give me T$ for this unused ticket right? I fired off a quick email to support explaining the situation and was told to wait till pokerfest had finished. It isn't as if I have entered a sat to a tournament I wouldn't play or I have taken tickets out of the economy by grinding the sats. I entered, won and then entered the target tournament after winning...

Party support have told me after a follow up email that I made an error and the ticket is gone from my account now and I will be given $0 compensation.

To kick me while I'm down they said I am a "valued customer". They don't seem to realise they have stolen $1050 from me.

Am I being ridiculous here?

EDIT: I didn't even get offered rakeback on the $1050 they've basically raked from me without me playing a hand
could i have your username please? Also dates and id numbers for the satellites/tournaments played/intended to play. I will then ask for this to be looked at

ThanksTighty, I've been contacted by a party rep on twoplustwo and will try to sort it out with them. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 02, 2017, 08:45:02 PM »

Ok after some investigation earlier in can definitely sort this if needed

My eyes are open wide
pvas2

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 03, 2017, 01:31:51 PM »

Ok after some investigation earlier in can definitely sort this if needed
All sorted! They gave me $1050 back in the end.
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 09, 2017, 04:30:38 PM »

I think it's great the direction partypoker are going in terms of generous promotions, giveaways and increasingly more tournaments on offer (as well as more runners). Despite this, I still prefer to play on a poker site that hates it's customers, spits in their face and laughs. It's basically Stockholm syndrome!

I cannot believe that the software has changed so slowly and for the worse since I started playing on there in 2004. There have been the occasional improvements but it's just polishing a turd at this point. Quite obviously a complete revamp of the lobby and design of the tables and what not is bloody expensive but this is a very large business.

I would start by creating proper filters for tournament lobbies. It's an absolute monstrosity of a clusterfuck at the moment. It's kind of somewhere between clunky and modern. Either go super classic or super modern. I would go as far as saying the attatched image from partypoker lobby in 2004 is better.

My second point I would like to make and I am not confident that others are in the same boat as me here, but the huge starting stacks at the start of tournaments has become overly gimmicky and off putting. I used to love playing tournaments and seeing 62525 chips in front of me and know that I am either in the money or very deep in the tournament. Not only have you increased starting stacks in tournaments which I think is bad for moral, you've made them dis-proportionally large across multiple buyins. Uppercut has 30k (which is the lowest starting stack you seem to have now), some sunday majors have 50k, some have 100k. These $20 phase feeders start with 50k with the 200 starting with 500k. I am pretty sure I've played in tournaments with 1m starting stacks too. For the playing experience this is bad. Stars have it right here with 5k starting in their "reds" and 3k in some of their bowl comps. Some majors like the warmup, milly etc have 10k. 25k and 50k starting stacks seem to be restricted for 1ks in the week and then twice a year when scoop/wcoop comes along. Feels very prestigious this way. There is a monster stack series on party this month so I just decided to check the starting stacks. I click on 3 tournaments and I get 30k/variable, 60k and 80k starting stacks. I think my point is clear.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 30, 2017, 03:56:11 PM »

Today I was playing the Monster 56 $10k PLO 6-Max Ante Up comp when the table closed. Eventually found out via Live Chat that it had been cancelled and refunds will take up to 48 hours.

Shit happens but if a tournament is cancelled then leaving it in the lobby and saying that has got to be a better idea than just wiping it completely Pravda-style, at the very least it'll reduce the workload on support whose first question is 'tournament ID?'. "I don't know! It is an ex-tournament..."

And 48 hours is a bit rubbish.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 30, 2017, 04:38:54 PM »

FYI
fyi (though I will pass on the point about refund times/lobby

"Unfortunately, we have had to cancel the Mid and micro event 54s, the PLO 6-Max Ante Up.

Technical issues meant that the antes were not taken into account when calculating the pre flop bet size, meaning that the initial preflop raises were far too low.  This might of run ok initially, but since blinds are remaining the same
 Throughout and only the antes are increasing it would have been horrific to play a little bit further in, so we have
  made the decision to cancel and refund."

My eyes are open wide
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 30, 2017, 04:48:27 PM »

Thanks Tighty.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
« previous next »