blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:06:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  "Germanwings" A320 crashes in France
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Germanwings" A320 crashes in France  (Read 20830 times)
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2015, 01:21:26 PM »

You are both right, on quite a few airlines a FA will enter the cockpit in place of a pilot who is using the toilet/stretching legs.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2015, 01:26:52 PM »

If it turns out the pilot's motive was suicide, then he should have the right to end his own life.  But if that is the case, he's also guilty of the murder of 150 innocent people.  As Gramps said, there's a perverse logic to suicide bombers and those that hijacked the planes on 9/11, but it'd be baffling for someone who just wants to end his own life murdering 150 people as collateral damage.

People in major depressive episodes are going to be more self obsessed than when they are functioning normally?  Their state of mind is so altered they aren't really thinking of the people they kill, just how to end their own lives?  I guess suicide bombers are similar in that becoming a martyr overrides the fact they might kill an innocent child.

All this assuming it was a suicide.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2015, 01:28:02 PM »

You are both right, on quite a few airlines a FA will enter the cockpit in place of a pilot who is using the toilet/stretching legs.

What is an FA?

Scrub that, realised  while typing.

As you were.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2015, 01:40:29 PM »

What is an FA?

Scrub that, realised  while typing.

As you were.

Think the correct terms are......

"Pilot" = Captain

"Co-Pilot" = First Officer

"Stewards & Stewardesses" - Flight Attendants

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2015, 01:44:13 PM »

The co-pilots Facebook page, (shared with his wife) according to a Post on PRRuNe, is titled......

Soutien à Andreas Lubitz, héro de l'Etat Islamique

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Soutien-%C3%A0-Andreas-Lubitz-h%C3%A9ro-de-lEtat-Islamique/431945353632095?sk=info#!/pages/Soutien-%C3%A0-Andreas-Lubitz-h%C3%A9ro-de-lEtat-Islamique/431945353632095?sk=info&tab=page_info

It may be a rogue Post on PPRuNE, of course.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2015, 01:44:38 PM »

If it turns out the pilot's motive was suicide, then he should have the right to end his own life.  But if that is the case, he's also guilty of the murder of 150 innocent people.  As Gramps said, there's a perverse logic to suicide bombers and those that hijacked the planes on 9/11, but it'd be baffling for someone who just wants to end his own life murdering 150 people as collateral damage.

People in major depressive episodes are going to be more self obsessed than when they are functioning normally?  Their state of mind is so altered they aren't really thinking of the people they kill, just how to end their own lives?  I guess suicide bombers are similar in that becoming a martyr overrides the fact they might kill an innocent child.

It's extremely rare for a suicidal person to do something that will kill a large number of people (again, the suicide bombers are an exception as they have a number of motives - murder being one as well as martyrdom).  There are the cases of people killing themselves and their family, but again there's usually some misguided logic there somewhere.  There are those who carry out mass murders, and then kill themselves - but again that's a different scenario.

Can't ever recall reading about a pilot, train driver, bus driver, etc., intentionally killing themselves and all their passengers?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2015, 01:47:11 PM »

we've now had malaysia, ukraine, russia, algeria and german wings in a reasonably short space of time

i was listening to a "Professor of Risk" at Oxford U explaining that such bunching of crashes can occur randomly within the overall distribution of events which is an incident once every 2.4m flights or so, at a rate that has been falling for 20 years plus

how would you explain best to a layman more concerned about flying today than he was 48 hours ago?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2015, 01:48:46 PM »

The co-pilots Facebook page, (shared with his wife) according to a Post on PRRuNe, is titled......

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Soutien-%C3%A0-Andreas-Lubitz-h%C3%A9ro-de-lEtat-Islamique/431945353632095?sk=info#!/pages/Soutien-%C3%A0-Andreas-Lubitz-h%C3%A9ro-de-lEtat-Islamique/431945353632095?sk=info&tab=page_info

That's 1.01 to be fake IMO.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2015, 01:50:14 PM »

That's 1.01 to be fake IMO.

Probably, yes, some sicko probably just created it.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2015, 01:51:27 PM »

People in major depressive episodes are going to be more self obsessed than when they are functioning normally?  Their state of mind is so altered they aren't really thinking of the people they kill, just how to end their own lives?  I guess suicide bombers are similar in that becoming a martyr overrides the fact they might kill an innocent child.

It's extremely rare for a suicidal person to do something that will kill a large number of people (again, the suicide bombers are an exception as they have a number of motives - murder being one as well as martyrdom).  There are the cases of people killing themselves and their family, but again there's usually some misguided logic there somewhere.  There are those who carry out mass murders, and then kill themselves - but again that's a different scenario.

Can't ever recall reading about a pilot, train driver, bus driver, etc., intentionally killing themselves and all their passengers?

It is at least 99% certain that MH370 was caused by pilot siuicide.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2015, 01:53:08 PM »

There's more than you'd think

http://news.aviation-safety.net/2013/12/22/list-of-aircraft-accidents-caused-by-pilot-suicide/

There was also a Tube crash at Moorgate in the 1970s in which, without I think ever actually saying it was suicide, the report effectively ruled out any other cause other than the driver deliberately driving into the end of the tunnel.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2015, 03:06:28 PM »

Not that I expected anything different... All flags at half mast at Frankfurt airport. Very eerie and sad.

Click to see full-size image.

Ah! The element of surprise
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2015, 04:25:32 PM »

There's more than you'd think

http://news.aviation-safety.net/2013/12/22/list-of-aircraft-accidents-caused-by-pilot-suicide/

There was also a Tube crash at Moorgate in the 1970s in which, without I think ever actually saying it was suicide, the report effectively ruled out any other cause other than the driver deliberately driving into the end of the tunnel.

Yeah, a few on there that I hadn't heard about. 

Really sad, so many needless deaths.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2015, 07:02:23 PM »

Do people think that this could really be something due to depression? It seems not possible in my eyes that as deep and as bad as depression may get that you forget about the passengers on the plane. Surprised that nobody has mentioned about he only had 600 hours flying time.

What an absolute terrible loss of so many lives, absolutely awful.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2015, 07:07:37 PM »

Do people think that this could really be something due to depression? It seems not possible in my eyes that as deep and as bad as depression may get that you forget about the passengers on the plane. Surprised that nobody has mentioned about he only had 600 hours flying time.

What an absolute terrible loss of so many lives, absolutely awful.

The mind does not think "normal" when depression sets in.

Not sure 600 hours equates to "only" either. Thats the equivelant of 60 flights to Las Vegas from London. His experience was in short haiul, average flight time 2 hours, so maybe 300 flights. That's plenty, 300 take offs, 300 landings. I don't see a shred of evidence that he was anything but completely competent to fly that 'plane.

The problem would be his altered mental state, not his flying ability.

But whatever, yes, it's all very sad for everyone involved. His family must be in a terrible spot, too.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: