blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:01:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  If you don't know bout me
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If you don't know bout me  (Read 61801 times)
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2015, 01:11:36 PM »

Hey guys,

I'm making this blog so I can track my progress and thoughts, hope it may provide some insight/entertainment to you all. I never do any after session reviews and haven't talked NL strat with anyone for a couple of years, so hopefully I'll keep this updated regularly and it will generate some good discussion. I intend to post straight in here after a session and post the most interesting hands even if I've fucked them up.

I've been playing poker professionally for about 4 years now, all online, with the odd toe dip into live tourneys and some mix games cash. I'm mainly playing HU cash and table starting 6max, both NL and PLO, on pretty much every site there is. I did a fair bit of work at plo the end of last year before getting a coach, paying 2k for coaching and only having one session, due to losing 100BI at 6max and came crawling back to HU. I intend to get back into doing 6max work especially as starting tables never stay HU these days for more than a few hands.

I'll be playing anywhere between .5/1 and 25/50 for NL and 1/2 to 5/10 at plo.

Any questions welcome and I'll be updating later with my session results.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 01:34:22 PM »

just one question from me:

whats your name?

also, gl.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 03:10:17 PM »

all the best with the blog! Quite an eclectic mix of stakes .5/1- 25/50!

Where is most of your volume at?
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 10:53:34 AM »

all the best with the blog! Quite an eclectic mix of stakes .5/1- 25/50!

Where is most of your volume at?

I'd say mostly between 1/2 and 2/4, with anything above 5/10 quite rare.

just one question from me:

whats your name?

also, gl.
Jon

No update since it's been the weekend, played Friday and yesterday, no interesting hands came up on HEM tracked sites, but on ton on non tracked sites did which is annoying. Hopefully the hand grabbers should be fixed soon so I'll be able to post some good hands.

Thought this was a fairly interesting spot. (sorry hand converter not working)

http://www.cardrunners.com/pokertools/session/2878331/replay/

And by interesting I mean I should be flatting the turn here 100%. Think shoving is a pretty huge mistake.

Rest of the hands are pretty boring/standard, I'll post some of em and see if people enjoy reading them.

Edit--not sure how to post HH in here, what converter do people use?
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 11:25:53 PM »

Alright mate, what sites do you play hu NL on? Also what did you think of the 2011 mix of pow? Personally thought it was complete trash.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 06:23:27 PM »

Hey guys, I've been on holiday last few weeks so that's why I haven't updated.

Alright mate, what sites do you play hu NL on? Also what did you think of the 2011 mix of pow? Personally thought it was complete trash.

New pow was pretty average imo. The old one reminds me of Uni and the uni bar/club getting smashed up whenever it came on. Play on most networks.

I've been saying to myself for the last few years that I'd go to Vegas and go and play the WSOP. It hasn't happened mainly to it not being worth if financially, me being terrible in tournaments and the online games being too good to miss for 2 months. However I feel this may be my last year playing poker professionally and I know I'd deeply regret not doing something that was one of the main reasons I fell in love with poker to begin with. So next year I'm planning on playing a full schedule. As many events as possible, every game, big range of buyins, no regrets. I've been putting a fair amount of work into lots of different games, mainly PLO and O8, and plan to be good enough to play all these events. I've been grinding 8/10 game along with HU and starting 6 max games, and have also started to play in a DC game regularly. TBH i'm really bad at stud/stud 8 and razz but I am thoroughly enjoying playing these games.

I'm gunna set a budget of $50k for the WSOP so I'll set that as a goal. Obv the budget may go up depending on the schedule but it seems like a good goal and to give the thread a bit of direction.

The month has gotten off to a good start, won about £1k playing 2/2 DC from 2 sessions and around $3k online, including 2 FT in 8 game tournaments.

I'll post a few interesting hands from the DC game.
First is 6 card plo h/l,  I 3bet an open and 2 calls in co with A34QJT, get 4 callers naturally. Pot around £120.  Flop is T62r, man leads for £80, I call. Turn is Kr, he leads pot with around the same back. Think this is a standard flat. River is a 9 and he check folds, meaning he must have had a low wrap as I don't think he folds any 2 pair getting those odds with the low bricking.

Next is a padooki hand. EP opens and I call with   two spades three diamonds, btn calls and sb calls. EP from what I've seen is bad at most of the games and stuck. BTN I've never seen before but everyone else at the table knows him and he picks padooki every btn so I guess he knows what he's doing. Sb is bad and stuck. EP draws 2, I throw the J, btn draws 2 and sb draws 1. I draw the  . EP pots it and I flat (pretty sure I should be raising here) btn flats and sb pots it to around £120 with around £700 behind. EP calls with around £90 left. I was totally lost in this spot. I was scared of making a huge mistake by getting in however many BB with an 8 and am not really sure on how strong my hand is relative to the action. I guess this just comes with experience and reads. I fold EP bricks out and sb wins with a T. I made a point after this hand of studying every padooki hand I wasn't involved in and seeing what people were doing. Seems people are doing some really bad stuff especially 8 handed and I won't be making as nittier folds in the future.
Do you call the open in the first place? Bearing in mind people are hardly ever 3betting non padookis pre.

Not sure whether to play the DTD deepstack this weekend. I haven't done an ounce of NL work that isn't HU cash for years but I have a pretty good live tourney record and expect it to be ridic soft as usual.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 06:26:05 PM by POWWWWWWWW » Logged
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 08:50:08 PM »

Not sure whether to play the DTD deepstack this weekend. I haven't done an ounce of NL work that isn't HU cash for years but I have a pretty good live tourney record and expect it to be ridic soft as usual.

Deffo worth playing. If you cash it will be a huge boost to your confidence.

The older I get, the better I was.
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 11:36:32 AM »

Second this. Definitely worth a go.

Are you playing Red-Dog?
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 01:06:44 PM »

Second this. Definitely worth a go.

Are you playing Red-Dog?

Unfortunately not Hugo. Too many balls in the air atm.

The older I get, the better I was.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2015, 04:51:14 AM »

Hey guys,

Long time since last update but I intend to update more regularly as I'm becoming more active on the forum. Been taking part in the Blonde Quiz which is right up my street as I'm a bit of a quiz geek. I'd love for my ability to remember useless shit to translate into remembering good poker theory but alas.
Last couple of months have been ok poker wise, even though I had my first losing month of HU last month. June and this month I've been smashing, and having 1 losing month in 5 years you can't really complain. I've been dipping back into 6max PLO more and more. I'm enjoying battling to start tables and am really liking 3/4 handed and the dynamics that come with it. Been doing a fair amount of off the table work this month so volume is lol bad but crushing kind of makes up for it.
Played live a few sessions, mainly DC cash and the monthly deepstack where I made a semi deep run, picking up a WPT seat a long the way. I don't think anything compares to making deep runs in tourneys, no matter the prize pool. DTD have also started a weekly DC tourney which is fantastic for my Vegas prep. I'm prob going to be playing it most weeks. The WSOPE is round the corner in Berlin, a place which I'd love to go, so I think I'm going to go. It coincides with Oktoberfest and a Germany qualifier game in Leipzig, and is a fairly cheap tourney trip all round. Def won't be playing the main unless I satty in, but will for sure be playing the PLO, Mix game and other NL events. Anyone else heading out there? Anyone been to Berlin before and can suggest stuff to do?
WCOOP is also soon upon us and I'm really reluctant to get involved. Reading Pads' thread (and others) and strat advice, I feel I'm completely out of depth when it comes to NL tourneys, esp online ones. Still it's once  year so might just end up flicking in depending on how the months going.
I'm a pretty big Man United fan (yes I'm from Manchester unfortunately). Watching the game tonight was pretty painful and I hope we sign someone to add to the attacking third. We def need some pace, or even someone who can link up quickly. United's attack has become laborious and Rooney looks a shadow of his former self. Mata has been played out of position since he came, and adds little out wide. Still the defence looks great, esp Shaw and Darmian. Smalling and Blind look solid. Hope DDG stays and can get his head right. LVG isn't handling the DDG situation great and I think it may affect players joining. People have some pretty choice words to say about him, but I love him the crazy fucker.
Will be playing the Sky 6max next week, hoping to better last times min cash.

Results:

June: Most of the volume came from 2/4 6max, with the rest general HU.

Click to see full-size image.

July: Big downswing was mostly 1/2 huplo short which isn't too bad $ wise but makes for a shitty graph.

August: Mostly 2/3/4 handed plo. I'm enjoying playing with same 2/3 regs and getting away from the table and breaking their games down and doing tons of work. Makes me feel like I'm actually doing something challenging.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2015, 08:04:05 AM »

Will be playing the Sky 6max next week, hoping to better last times min cash.

Look forward to seeing you there Mr Powwwwwww, come say hi please.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2015, 02:31:51 AM »

Huh? I thought it was great!

Very nice graphs. Having played seriously for >5 years how would you say your enjoyment of the game compares from when you started off to now?
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2015, 07:02:04 PM »

I still love poker, but I prob enjoy it in a different way. When I first started playing I would just play anytime I could. Any stakes, any game, anywhere, all live. I just loved it. Then I started playing online and enjoyed the different dynamic and styles of play. After that I was just printing money and who doesn't enjoy that? Now I can kind of see an end to online poker for me. The enjoyment comes from getting better, being competitive and pushing myself so I can look back and say yeh I couldn't have got anything more from poker. I will def regret not putting in more volume a few years ago when games were great and there were tons of them. Obv thought it would stay like that forever, or at least 10+ years. But I def still get that little feeling somewhere whenever I go play a big live tourney, the same one I had going to play £1 rebuys at uni all those years ago. I doubt that will ever go.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2015, 05:42:09 PM »

Hey guys,

The Sky UKPC was at DTD last week so took some time off online to play it. Started on Tuesday with the high roller sat. My table was great and thought I played ok. Lasted till just after rebuy, then had a really bad 15 mins. Firstly I 3bet a guy who I'd played with in the deepstack last month, and knew was very loose/splashy/whaley etc. He min opened to 800 at 400bb from 30k, I 3 bet to 10k wTTh, he called. Flop 246hh, i bet 8k he called turn . He hesitated a bit before checking and snapping with 35hh when I set him all in. Prob should go bigger pre maybe. Orbit later man opens UTG, whale guy calls UTG+1 and I sqz OTB to 10k again wKK, both call with 25k and 30k respectively. Flop 667, I shove for pot and he has 65o, then lost AQ v AK for 20bbish. Think walking out is the most tilted I'd been in a long time.

Wednesday I went down for the main sat with a friend with the intention of playing a bit of cash later and having a few beers together. We swapped 10% and I pure bubbled coming 11th (winning £120) with 10 seats to play for. Pretty nitty player shoved for 4bb and the guy in the BB folded off of around 15bb which was above avg at the time, on the bubble. I don't really know about sats or if this is a call with 2 other similar short stacked players but I was pretty tilted again busting 3 hands later. I drowned my tilty sorrows with a few beers and played some .5/1 sat next to my mate until Skalie popped his head round form the VIP room asking if I wanted to play 5/5 plo in there. Turns out it wasn't really 5/5 as there were multiple straddles and some pretty big stacks compared to the min 1k buyin which I had. So I played like a nit and the guys playing were super friendly and fun so had and enjoyable couple of hours with a few more beers. Made a couple of blocker bluffs with my super nitty image and broke even.

Played the main Friday. Table started off pretty meh having a look round at most of the tables in the room. Everyone was under 30 and knew what they were doing. Nothing really interesting happened till near the end of the day. I open QhTh to 4k at 1/2k and BB 3bets to 10k. I call and it goes c/c on Q83r. He bets 10k on 5 turn bringing in a fd and I decided to shove for 25k more. He thought about it for quite a while and I went from please don't snap to please call during the course of his tank. He eventually called with 53o and I didn't really know what was going on. River was an 8 so put me up to about 120k. Then the man who replaced him defended his BB after I'd opened QTo UTG again. He c/r KJ7hh really small from 8k to 17k. I kind of recognised him, he was an older guy but def knew what he was doing. I shoved for 55kish and he had a little think and shrugged flicked it in with K6. Can't really remember any history between us but he worked me. River was a 9 and I was up to around 180k. Chipped up for the last level and ended on 215k, about avg, to end the day.

Saturday I got there a didn't realise they did a table redraw. New table was better. Had an older gentleman to my direct right who was very friendly and a couple of the other guys and dealer were all talking about the football which had just started. Really nice table and I felt pretty comfortable. Then a hand occurred that I wasn't really sure what to do. I'd previously 5bet a cold 4bet after I had 3bet the older guy OTB. The BB in the hand was probably around my age but hadn't said a word all day so was difficult to know anymore about him. I raised OTB w89ss from about 300k and he 3bet to around 25k covering me. Flop QQ9, he bet really small, 13k i think, I called. Turn was Two Diamonds putting a fd out, he bet half pot and I thought for a little while before calling. River was an offsuit 6 and he jammed fairly quickly for maybe just over pot. I took a good 10 mins to think about it before having the clock called on me. I wanted to call pretty badly but convinced myself that people don't bluff in these spots probably 1% as I think they do. He didn't show and I'm not sure I wanted him to. The guy next to me said he folded a Q but I think it was probably the right fold. Couldn't really get much going after that pot, which left me with around 25bb. Got moved tables with the same guy from the hand and he knocked me out a few levels later AK<99.

I'd heard a DC game maybe on later so I stuck around and played some .5/1 cash. Turns put everyone wanted to play PLO so I got on the list for that and ended up getting in the same game as Thursday. I gave myself a few BI stop loss and convinced myself it would just be 5/5 and that the straddles wouldn't come out till later. Yep was wrong about that and it kicked off in the same manner it finished. I played super tight, except for putting on straddles up to £20 as I didn't want to completely spoil the game, even though everyone assured me I didn't have to, I suspect they definitely did. First big hand I was BB and completed a £40 straddle with AdAJ94, 6 way. I'd do this with my whole range as people were quite aggro preflop. It got checked (sadface) and the flop was AQ2dd. I checked and it got potted for around £120. I called planning to check jam any non turn diamond and pot lead any diamond. Turn was 8o and I check jammed getting sigh called by a reg who had bare QQ. Won a couple more pots without showdown and had about £3k. Then I picked 5 card and called OTB vs a raise from £40 straddle w QJT9xcc. Flop was KT8cc. It went bet, raise all in and was basically jam or fold to me (biggets stack in the hand was about £1400). I know next to nothing about these players but the 2 guys involved were on the tighter side postflop. I folded and felt pretty happy about it especially as they rolled over middle set and NFD+BDFD. NFD guy won both runs. Haven't ran the numbers yet but I assume it would be pretty close and I don't mind taking the nitty option when shot taking. I said I folded 2 clubs to make the guy with a set feel better as others had done but also revealed my other cards much to the dismay of the rest of the table. A few more comments about how tight I was and I felt a little uncomfortable 1. because these guys obv played together a lot and like action and 2. I was kinda spoiling that/not giving much action. Don't get me wrong, nobody said anything bad to me and the guys were all super nice/friendly and it's def one of my favorite live experiences ever. I just felt I was taking up a seat of someone else who these guys would prefer to have in the game. Anyway I decided to leave at a certain time and the hand before I left I got jokingly pressured into putting on the £80 straddle. I didn't wanna spoil anyone's fun and the bigger straddles were getting limped a fair bit. Anyway it gets raised small and I call with A553cc. It comes K53r and I c/c deciding to check jam any non 4/6/7 turn. We were HU and the turn was a 7 putting out a fd. He potted it and I just folded. Pretty annoyed at myself. Think I should just pot flop and take it down most of the time.He showed 754x and I left next hand. I'm torn between playing in that/or similar games when shot taking. Like I don't wanna hnr or just double up and lock up but I also don't wanna be playing £5-10k pots on the reg.

Gunna go play DC tourney at DTD tonight then some DC cash after. Really looking forward to it as I haven't played DC in a while and have been doing some 5/6card PLO/hi/lo work.

Hope Neymar doesn't go deep in EPT Barca as it may disrupt his incoming transfer to United.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2015, 09:37:16 AM »

Hey guys,

Thought I'd update as it's been a few months since the last one and I've once again been dipping my toe into live poker. The WPT was at DTD this week and after playing some online satellites managed to win a couple of seats to the £500 event to go along with my main event seat I won in the deepstack a few months ago. The £500 event had a pretty good structure and, unfortunately for DTD, a ton of overlay. My first table was very good except for a live mid stakes cash grinder from London on my direct right, who turned out to be one of the nicest people I've ever played with and gave me a lift a few days this week. I chipped up pretty nicely to around 45k from 30k. I then opened UTG with T9s, sb and BB call. Flop A78 I cbet both call. Turn 6 sb leads 3k into around 12k and bb calls. I'd played with sb before and even though I think he plays a lot he's pretty splashy to say the least. I raise to 12k and sb insta shoves, obv call and nice to see AJ drawing dead to take me up over 100k. Went a bit card dead for the rest of the day and ended up with 95k to end the day which was around avg.
Day 2 got a fairly good table redraw. However was pretty card dead again and ended up shoving 17~BB in the CO with A9, BTN calls with AK and the board runs out K5299. Bink. They had to call me back as I'd left as the flop hit. Couple of orbits later I opened UTG with AQ, Terry Jordan 3bet from MP and although I'd never played with him before I'd heard he was ultra splashy/loose, so decided to 4bet. He called pretty quickly. Flop Q52, I bet around 1/4 pot and he let out a big sigh and mumbled something to the guy next to him. Turn was another 5 and I jammed fairly fast. He tanked for a while trying to bait me into showing if he folded, said I'd let him pick one and he folded turning over the Q. This didn't quell his curiosity and seemed to tilt him a bit. I chipped up nicely approaching the bubble and had double the avg. Got moved tables to the right of Tamer Kamel, who was also extremely nice and chatty, with the rest of the table playing ultra nitty because of the bubble. Got moved table just after the bubble, with a slew of players busting just after leaving around 100 left. Again went card dead and I became quite frustrated at having to fold a lot, and seeing my once big stack dwindle to avg. UTG then open shoves for 300k ish at 16k bb and we call with KK, he has 55 and the door card is a 5. I would have had around 1m if I had won there and I think this was the deciding factor in the tourney for me. I managed to ninja shortstack for the rest of the which ended with 51 left and another bubble with the top 50 getting a £2.2k main event seat. This lasted around an hour but I squeezed in there.

Day 3 was short. Had around 400k/13~bb. Managed to get a couple of shoves through with the field falling to the mid 30's. Then I shoved A5o with around 10bb and CambridgeAlex tanked in the BB with what turned out to be a better A, he sigh folded after a little thought and I was up to around 15bb. Then couple hands later I shoved the BTN with A9 and the BB had AJ, no help and we are down to 2.5bb. Double with K8 v Ax and then bust Q8 v Ax bvb. Every time I bust a live tourney I remember why I hardly play them. The feeling I get is one I never get from anything else. Just bleugh. The money cushions the blow a little and as I had 2 seats I got a drink, composed myself and jumped straight into the main.
Table was meh but I think I played really well. Nothing really interesting happened and I ended the day with an avg 75k. Day 2 seat draw was terrible. It included Rich Trigg, Terry Jordan again and Billy Chattaway to my right with absolute heaps. Very nice guy but fucking nightmare to sit next to. Couldn't get anything going and lost 99 v AQ for 20BB~. Was super disappointed to bust, especially as I'd sold a bit of action, but I don't think I could have done anything different.
Played some live plo cash and made a nice bit in a really good game. Highlight including an older guy not seeing a flush and 3bet calling the river with a straight vs my Acxc. Nearly £10k week which is very nice, but still pretty disappointed to go so deep in another live MTT and not get that big score. Maybe it gets easier if you play more and I intend to try and win something significant before Vegas.

Also started playing a lot of daily fantasy football (soccer). Absolutely loving it and been doing pretty well. It's tough at first as I haven't watched Italian/Spanish/French football in years, but I've enjoyed sweating the games. Kolorov missing that penalty the other week probably cost me winning the main weekend Prem comp which would have netted me £3k. Didn't have chance to sweat it live as I was busy, and it was prob for the best.

Online has been ok. Last month I won a rake race on one of the smaller sites to win 100% rakeback for the month. Traffic isn't great on there but enough to make it a pretty good month.

Between 22k hands to 28k hands was pretty big stakes for me, playing 3 handed with a reg and a whale at PLO.  Pretty stressful and a couple of my biggest ever pots were played. Pretty good month overall, even if a stressful one.

Gunna play a few sats for Prague this month. Would love to go ( heard it's very nice) and I've got the live poker bug. May play a few UKOPS as well for practice.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 09:55:06 AM by POWWWWWWWW » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: