blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:40:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  If you don't know bout me
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If you don't know bout me  (Read 61793 times)
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2016, 06:27:50 PM »

Thanks mate, I'll give this a try.
moustache

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 11, 2016, 01:06:06 PM »

Your puppy is beautiful! Don't be fooled by their small size and big eyes, they can be naughty too and need strict boundaries! I have a 13 year old dachshund cross and she still tries it on every day!
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2016, 03:11:00 PM »

Thanks! Haha tell me about it, he's currently in a chewy stage, wood being a particular penchant of his. Nightmare.
moustache

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2016, 04:20:24 PM »

Ours gets very possessive over stones! Don't ask me why...
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2016, 01:56:08 PM »

Hey guys,

This month has been pretty good poker wise. Volume is still lacking however I've been doing a lot of off the table work, revolving around a new coaching program. Played quite of limit O8 as well, games seem amazing and it's great having something new to work on.
This is my breakdown of stakes played this month.

Quite a varied mix but I'm just concentrating playing the most +EV spots, whether that be a great table at 1/2 or battling 3 handed at 3/6,5/10 with meh regs, or shot taking 25/50 in good games. Got used to setting all my results into EVBB/100 till the end of the week so it doesn't affect my play. Bit of a sweat at the end of the week but seems to be working out.
Played a fair few sats for the WPT this week as well. Party have been doing a great job of putting on huge sat guarantees and with the new software has been a really enjoyable grind. Managed to bink a few 500 seats and a Devilfish cup seat. Played prob my best NL poker in a while during the DFC sat and managed to fade AQ v K3 AIPF with 6 left, 5 paid when I was 6/6. 6th was $2.4k so wouldn't have been that bad. Haven't managed to sell any action for it, which is obv completely understandable. Haven't got any results or experience of 5k tourneys, although the way the sats played I think there will be a fair few spots. Hope to run good with the table draw and just play solid.
Later today is day 2 of the WPT500. Managed to make it through with 23bb. Not ideal but a little bit of run good at the beginning and should hope to make a deep run again. DFC is tomorrow then the I'm playing the main on Wednesday. Think a few blonde regs will be playing so will be nice to meet a few of you. Come say hi, I'll be the kid with the hoodie and headphones on. DTD always put on cracking festivals and I've been looking forward to this one for a while. Hope the cash games run like in the previous years. Games have been great and the mix of people playing always makes for fun games.

Nothing else really to report. The dog is still doing good, managed to sort the toilet problems out so now it's just a matter of wearing him out enough throughout the day.

Click to see full-size image.

Good luck everyone playing the WPT, see you there!
moustache

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2016, 02:17:44 PM »

Hey guys,

This month has been pretty good poker wise. Volume is still lacking however I've been doing a lot of off the table work, revolving around a new coaching program. Played quite of limit O8 as well, games seem amazing and it's great having something new to work on.
This is my breakdown of stakes played this month.

Quite a varied mix but I'm just concentrating playing the most +EV spots, whether that be a great table at 1/2 or battling 3 handed at 3/6,5/10 with meh regs, or shot taking 25/50 in good games. Got used to setting all my results into EVBB/100 till the end of the week so it doesn't affect my play. Bit of a sweat at the end of the week but seems to be working out.
Played a fair few sats for the WPT this week as well. Party have been doing a great job of putting on huge sat guarantees and with the new software has been a really enjoyable grind. Managed to bink a few 500 seats and a Devilfish cup seat. Played prob my best NL poker in a while during the DFC sat and managed to fade AQ v K3 AIPF with 6 left, 5 paid when I was 6/6. 6th was $2.4k so wouldn't have been that bad. Haven't managed to sell any action for it, which is obv completely understandable. Haven't got any results or experience of 5k tourneys, although the way the sats played I think there will be a fair few spots. Hope to run good with the table draw and just play solid.
Later today is day 2 of the WPT500. Managed to make it through with 23bb. Not ideal but a little bit of run good at the beginning and should hope to make a deep run again. DFC is tomorrow then the I'm playing the main on Wednesday. Think a few blonde regs will be playing so will be nice to meet a few of you. Come say hi, I'll be the kid with the hoodie and headphones on. DTD always put on cracking festivals and I've been looking forward to this one for a while. Hope the cash games run like in the previous years. Games have been great and the mix of people playing always makes for fun games.

Nothing else really to report. The dog is still doing good, managed to sort the toilet problems out so now it's just a matter of wearing him out enough throughout the day.

Good luck everyone playing the WPT, see you there!

You will stand out like a sore thumb I'm sure! 😉 That's like me saying to someone my wife is the small lady with straight black hair... In China! They weren't impressed lol! Gl in the tournaments, well done for the results and the dog training, keep up the good work
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2016, 02:53:05 PM »

Thanks man!
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2016, 04:59:03 AM »

Finished day 2 of the WPT500 as joint chipleader with 2.2m coming back to 25/50k. If I run tomorrow as good as I did today I will be £150k richer without a doubt.
moustache

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2016, 08:16:11 AM »

Finished day 2 of the WPT500 as joint chipleader with 2.2m coming back to 25/50k. If I run tomorrow as good as I did today I will be £150k richer without a doubt.

GOGOGOGO! Best of luck!   
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2016, 06:25:39 PM »

Busto 22nd AQ<55. Went a bit card dead and prob a bit to tight when down to around 20bb. Devilfish cup now, this should be fun.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2016, 03:41:24 PM »

Made day 2 with 27bb but just doubled JJ>AT. Both days have had bad table draws but playing okish.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2016, 10:58:06 PM »

Bleugh had 300 when avg was 120k then played a ridiculous 400k pot playing silly buggers. The lost last 15bb A9<55. Not my finest hour Sad
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 02, 2016, 03:02:04 PM »

Just sat down for day 1 of the main, table looks good. Let's goooooo
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 02, 2016, 11:46:59 PM »

Busted the main. Called a 3bet w ThTs UTG+1 vs MP, c/c K87ss, led turn and jammed x river, man had A6ss for the best possible hand. Not sure about the hand yet, I'll post thoughts on that hand and some more interesting spots that have come up this week soon.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2016, 02:06:18 PM »

Hey guys,

Last month was a kinda frustrating one. Started off with the WPT event at DTD. Great series (as ever with DTD) and was a really enjoyable week on the tourney grind. Sat'd in to all the events and had been doing a bit of NL work in the run up to it, while playing the sats. Played day 1 of the 500 event online at the same time as the Devilfish cup sat, which was taking all of my focus. Can't really remember much of it but I ended the day with 65k~ which was around 23bb, so didn't really have high hopes travelling to DTD on the Sunday. Managed a nice spin up though, won a flip to double up then won maybe 8/8 allins after, knocking out short stacks including AJ>AA vs a very nice friendly amateur which did not feel nice. Got moved tables and then played a huge hand where I flat AKcc UTG+1 v UTG, it goes 4 ways and the flop is xcxcxc. UTG leads I flat everyone folds. Turn is an offsuit Q and he overbet jams maybe 1.5x pot, snap and he has JcTc for a huge cooler and the chiplead. Then lost JJ<AK<98 in a 3 way allin, 98 rivering a straight and won a couple more small allins ending the day joint chipleader. Day 3 was just meh all round. Ran a bit card dead but def played a bit too tight in spots where I should have been opening wider and putting pressure on people. Hovered around the same stack all day which put me at 15bb when I jam AQ in co and sb calls (12bb) with 55. Board ran out Q76 4 3 for maximum pain and then busted 2 hands late in 22nd. Trundled off to the cashier after another deep run in this event with my sad face on, had a drink and a moan to myself then jumped straight into the Devilfish cup.

Table draw for this was pretty bad with Firaldo, Simon Deadman, some guy I kinda from playing HU with online who is very good, and 2 DTD cash regs to my left. First interesting hand UTG (HU man) opens I 3bet Tc9c, this is usually a flat for me but I know HU man is opening wider than most here and Firaldo was squeezing very wide and aggressively and he was BTN this hand. Everyone folds and UTG 4bets. We were over 100bbs deep here so very standard flat I think. Flop KT8c he bets I call. Turn he bets small again and I think a shove here is fine. I have all my KK,TT combos some 2 pairs and big combo draws are probably the worst hands I'm shoving. He tanks for ages and eventually folds. Lost a lot of small to medium pots after this. I was definitely one of the spots at the table (maybe 2nd worst player) and I got ran over a bit. Next interesting hand Firaldo opens UTG and it goes 5 way to me in the sb with 20bb and T8dd, flick in my 1 extra bb and go to a flop of T7T. Maybe I should be leading here in a vacuum but range wise with my stack I don't think I can be balanced enough here to have a leading range. Checks round and the turn is a 2. I lead leaving me with 14bb~ everyone folds round to the BTN who shoves. Such a ridic spot. Think I don't have any bluffs here, beat 0 for value and don't think with 14bb left and a PSR of 1 BTN should have any bluffs, esp when I'm leading into 5 people. So I sigh fold turning over my T and he shows 98o. Table is pretty shocked I folded but I don't think I can call there. From there I win KQ>KJ AIPF and AQ>AJ and end the day with 27bb.
Day 2 table draw is meh again. Have Firaldo again on my table who re late regged, Mitch, and 2 more DTD cash regs again to my left. Flopped a couple of sets and chipped up nicely though. Then I raise 9c7c in co, sb who I recognised from DTD (think he won one of the EPT 10k's and generally plays pretty high stakes tourneys) flats. Flop Q79r I bet he calls. Turn 4 he leads I raise he calls. River 2 and he jams for pot~. No idea whats going on here but 2 pair and that so I called and he showed AA. Nice bluff mate. Cruising at this point and chip up to around 300k. Then played a pretty stupid hand. I had been limping 100% sb v bb vs this DTD reg, so complete J9o and he raises to 3x, I call and the flop is J88r. He bets every small I call, turn 7 and he now pots it. Think this should just be a call but I decided to raise 2.7x his bet. Think it puts him in a tough spot with overpairs, Jx and I'm completely uncapped range wise, block the straight,JJ and have proximity blockers to his 8x. He calls and I had decided to shut down on all rivers bar a T, which it obv was. I bet half pottish, maybe a check is better, but I didn't want him to check back overpairs or 8x. He jams and I tank fold cursing myself for not checking. But in hindsight maybe a c/f would have been better anyway. I fold and he later told me (couple days later) he had T8. This was with around 50 left and 300k was double avg. Should have just nitted it up and played solid, £10k min cash with 90% action is pretty big for me and doing stuff like this is mainly just an ego thing I think. Busted a few hands later anyway losing A9<55 for 20bb.

Main was next up. First table was an absolute dream. Only recognised one person to my left who is a good live tourney player but everyone else looked like qualifiers. Played a couple of fun hands. First hand co opens, BTN calls, I defend bb with T6o. Flop 78x, checks round. Turn is a J, I lead and BTN calls. River J and BTN leads out of turn for half pot. I ask the dealer what happens now, while the bettor aggressively stares at me. Think this is a pretty common live tell for weakness in amateurs so after confirming with the dealer that his bet stands I raise fairly large. He folds and I obv have to show. Then I open AdTd UTG get 3 callers and go to a flop of 5d7d3x. I check and it checks round. Turn is an A checks round to the BTN who bets, I'm only caller. River is . I check he bets and I think a little while and shove. Pot was around 7kish and we are prob 30k deep. He tanks for ages, muttering about the bare and my bluff with T6 earlier and eventually folds. Then get moved to the worst table in history of all late reggers, avg age 26~, avg nationality somewhere in Europe and all very competent players. Back to being the worst player at the table. Nothing really interesting happens for a few blind levels then played a big 100bb pot. I raise TT in MP, next to act 3bets and I call. Don't think I should be 4betting here as I'd not seen him 3bet at all. Flop K87ss (I have ) check call. Turn is , think this card is better for my range, I have more flushes, straights, lead my sets and 2 pair. He thinks for a while and calls. Think he has a lot of pair plus big spades here, some KK,JJ. River is complete blank, theres around 25k in the pot and I have around that back. Think he folds a fair portion of this range to a shove here. Calls prob JJ+, he checks his cards calls and has As6s, gg Jon wp. Bit more fancy play syndrome to cap the week off nicely. Must play more solid!!!!!!!!!

Back to normality and the online PLO grind. This month I've ran pretty bad BI wise but well at higher stakes for a completely break even month. Volume has been low but I've been putting tons of work into this new coaching programme, involves loads of off the table work, homework and equity sims till your eyes are sore. Really paying off though for my game at higher stakes. Have a much more balanced game approach and have got my ranges pretty sorted in a lot of spots I was leaking money. Really happy with how I'm playing and the way my game is evolving. Same can't be said at lower stakes. I've completely knocked off my exploit game, which is essential at 2/4 and lower. Every pot is multi way and ranges are a lot harder to figure  out. Most regs have lol pre flop ranges, which in turn leads to them making huge post flop mistakes, and the vast majority of them are not balanced at all. Really hard to figure out their game when they don't know what they're doing themselves.

Then Friday night was ridic good. Games were amazing and managed to run very well vs a huge whale at 3/6 and another one at 5/10 for my biggest winning day in a couple of years.

$3/$6 Pot Limit Omaha Cash, 4 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $4,473.33 (745.6 bb)
Hero (BB): $1,921.95 (320.3 bb)
CO: $907.54 (151.3 bb)
BTN: $737.85 (123 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with
CO folds, BTN raises to $21, SB calls $18, Hero calls $15

Flop: ($63) two spades (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $42, BTN folds, SB raises to $84, Hero raises to $270, SB calls $186

Turn: ($603) (2 players)
SB bets $601, Hero raises to $1,630.95 and is all-in, SB calls $1,029.95

River: ($3,864.90) (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results: $3,864.90 pot ($2.00 rake)
Final Board: two spades
SB showed three diamonds two hearts and lost (-$1,921.95 net)
Hero showed and won $3,862.90 ($1,940.95 net)

$3/$6 Pot Limit Omaha Cash, 6 Players

SB: $1,006.20 (167.7 bb)
BB: $3,508.10 (584.7 bb)
Hero (UTG): $3,812.73 (635.5 bb)
MP: $662.20 (110.4 bb)
CO: $146.50 (24.4 bb)
BTN: $330.40 (55.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with
Hero raises to $21, MP folds, CO raises to $72, 2 folds, BB calls $66, Hero calls $51

Flop: ($219) (3 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, CO bets $74.50 and is all-in, BB raises to $168, Hero raises to $762, BB calls $594

Turn: ($1,817.50) (3 players, 1 is all-in)
BB bets $1,814.50, Hero raises to $2,978.73 and is all-in, BB calls $859.60 and is all-in

River: ($7,165.70) two spades (3 players, 3 are all-in)

Results: $7,165.70 pot ($3 rake)
Final Board: two spades
BB showed and lost (-$3,508.10 net)
Hero showed and won $7,162.70 ($3,654.60 net)
CO showed Ah As and lost (-$146.50 net)

$10/$20 Pot Limit Omaha Cash, 3 Players

Hero (SB): $2,000 (100 bb)
BB: $2,000 (100 bb)
BTN: $3,225.48 (161.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with
BTN raises to $70, Hero raises to $230, BB raises to $760, BTN folds, Hero calls $530

Flop: ($1,590) (2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets $1,240 and is all-in, Hero calls $1,240 and is all-in

Turn: ($4,070) (2 players, 2 are all-in)
River: ($4,070) (2 players, 2 are all-in)

Results: $4,070 pot ($1.75 rake)
Final Board:
Hero showed and won $4,068.25 ($2,068.25 net)
BB showed As and lost (-$2,000 net)

Just going to grind like mad for the rest of the month till I go away with the missus to Paris just before Christmas and then Christmas is chaos, loads family to see at different ends of the country. Absolutely love it though. Too early to post Christmas songs? Nah didn't think so.
GL at the tables everyone!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: