blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:10:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272588 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Ramblings of an Old man
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ramblings of an Old man  (Read 21069 times)
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2015, 11:51:40 PM »

well done we all like good news
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2015, 12:01:33 AM »

Great news mate. Enjoy!
Jac

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2015, 09:50:20 AM »

Well I've been back a week from
Vegas. Had an amazing time. Crammed in as much as I could and I'm desperate to get back again some day. I played some cash at the Venetian and  just the Little One for one Drop. I made Day 2 with 30 bigs and I thought I'd share It with you. It's obviously very small time relatively but was a fantastic experience for a low stakes player like myself

I had played the 4pm flight on Day 1, a pretty big mistake in hindsight. Didn't get back to the hotel until 6am. I only slept for about 4 hours and so felt pretty rubbish when we left for the Rio.

Got to my table and things were instantly noticeable as different from the previous day. Very serious. Very first hand and some pleb with the sunglasses, headphones and many pimples look, got arsey with the player who won the hand. Another guy made a comment to which "knob" as I'd already christened him in my mind, told him to shut his mouth and then followed it by "I got me a table of dipshits"
Ilene the dealer who seemed very nice and competent to me was getting grief every hand about nothing at all. I got a 3bet shove through and then the table broke.
Was very happy about this

I couldn't really play much poker as I was so short stacked. I managed to get a few shoves through and then was moved to table Carlos Mortensen. Plus there was a Jonny Chan impersonator on there as well.
He was exactly as I'd always thought he was, a really nice guy. He also had a stack and was playing pretty much every hand.

We'd started the day with over a 1000 left but the numbers were dropping incredibly quickly. Utg who was only playing 10bigs raised and I looked down at Kings and shoved. He's gotta call right? Nope, he passed. Mortensen raised and I looked down at Kings and shoved. He's got a monster stack and it's a 10bigs shove from me. He's gotta call right? Nope, he flashes an Ace and mucks. Although I hadn't got the calls my stack had increased into a bit of a safer position. I had around 16bigs about 30 off the money. Nice guy on my left who I'd played day one with had folded 99% of his hands. It's folded round to me in the small and I shove. He finds Ace Jack and calls. Oops. A few hands later and we go on the break.

I chat with Neil and Tikay. I've got 16k and we're going back at 1200/2400 and 400 ante. I'm also in the bb first hand back. The screen is showing that we're 23 off the money. Can I fold to the money? Neil doesn't think so and I tend to agree. We go back and it's actually 20 from the cash.

I fold in the blind and look at the screen. We lost 5 first hand. This could be close. It's not exactly my normal strategy but I couldn't care one bit. This was likely to be my one and only WSOP event ever and it would mean everything to me to cash. The money obviously would be nice but just cashing was the main thing on my mind. It would be heart breaking to get so close and miss out,

I fold the small blind. Another couple of players have gone. I have around 12 hands before I'm blinded out. Tikay and Sam are railing me. Tikay tells me Deadman has just knocked out 2 players in one hand. I've always loved Simon Smiley

We're maybe 4 hands from my bb and the TD tells the dealers to stand up at the end of the hand they're dealing. Bubble time. 469 left and 468 paid.

It seems to go on forever. They start to break a table near me. Surely that means someone has gone yeah? A few more minutes pass and then...
"Congratulation everyone, you're all in the money"

Was quite happy

Carlos raises and I try and bully him by shoving. He's not scared unfortunately and calls the extra 200 chips or so. He wins.
It was kind of a perfect end for me. It took an ex World Champion to knock me out!
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2015, 11:11:49 AM »

Nice write up Jac and glad u got the cash and enjoyed the experience!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: