blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:12:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272598 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Rate My Dinner
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate My Dinner  (Read 45936 times)
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2015, 03:33:44 PM »

What's with the individual Yorkshire Pudding? Individual YPs are the preserve of the mass caterer and have pretty much zero flavour.

Ours is cooked in the pan with the joint of meat and thus has beautifully flavoursome fatty crispy bits on the bottom.

At what point do you put your YP's into the pan (assuming you mean in the oven?)

The meat should be out for about an hour to rest before carving and you obviously can't pour batter in alongside a roast so how does that work?

The batter goes into the pan around the roast about 40 mins before serving. Meat needs 10-20 minutes rest, unless your is particularly lazy? By the time the meat comes out the Yorkshire is set enough to not flood into the gap.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2015, 03:51:34 PM »

What's with the individual Yorkshire Pudding? Individual YPs are the preserve of the mass caterer and have pretty much zero flavour.

Ours is cooked in the pan with the joint of meat and thus has beautifully flavoursome fatty crispy bits on the bottom.

At what point do you put your YP's into the pan (assuming you mean in the oven?)

The meat should be out for about an hour to rest before carving and you obviously can't pour batter in alongside a roast so how does that work?

The batter goes into the pan around the roast about 40 mins before serving. Meat needs 10-20 minutes rest, unless your is particularly lazy? By the time the meat comes out the Yorkshire is set enough to not flood into the gap.

Pics or it didn't happen.

The older I get, the better I was.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2015, 04:04:42 PM »

8/10 for mass produced swill? No wonder the country's going to Hell in a handcart.

I'm going to get a picture of my carvery on Thursday for you Tom. For £6 it's absolutely amazing!!

I'd be happy to attempt to make a Sunday roast for Ronnie and I but after the expense of my cooked breakfast I think I'll have to save up for a few weeks first.

Cooking fresh is just insanely expensive and really not that much better than the mass produced swill you refer to.

Lol if you believe that.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2015, 04:44:48 PM »

Are we restricting this to Sunday roasts or are other meals valid?

Blue text
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2015, 05:09:27 PM »

Pics or it didn't happen.

Will do my best next weekend or the next time we have a Sunday roast.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2015, 05:18:49 PM »

Sunday roasts only please. We can't compare spag bol v chicken broth v fish and chips v lasagna v roast. We'll be all over the place.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2015, 05:26:33 PM »

Sunday roasts only please. We can't compare spag bol v chicken broth v fish and chips v lasagna v roast. We'll be all over the place.

Thread title change required

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2015, 05:29:23 PM »

Thread title change required

stru tho init?

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2015, 05:34:33 PM »

Would be interested to see how a Wetherspoons £7 with a drink roast dinner would be scored.  Always think they are cracking value.

Here's a £7.50 one from fat cat in Nottingham. Tasted pretty decent, huge Yorkshire pudding, only minus in real life was it looked like it has just been chucked on a plate, oh and they did put stuffing on the plate with beef lol. But in real life it scored a solid 8/10. Really could not fault it for £7.50  Smiley

Click to see full-size image.

That looks bloody awful. Piss poor gravy and cremated pud.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2015, 05:58:59 PM »

8/10 for mass produced swill? No wonder the country's going to Hell in a handcart.

I'm going to get a picture of my carvery on Thursday for you Tom. For £6 it's absolutely amazing!!

I'd be happy to attempt to make a Sunday roast for Ronnie and I but after the expense of my cooked breakfast I think I'll have to save up for a few weeks first.

Cooking fresh is just insanely expensive and really not that much better than the mass produced swill you refer to.

Lol if you believe that.

If you buy it from the right place it's really nice. Admittedly that crap that Woodsey had looked awful but there's plenty of restaurants that will mass produce a Sunday roast that will be better than 95% of the home made meals you'll see on here.

Obviously home made will always be better (if it's cooked by someone who knows what they're doing) but it won't be that much better than you could buy for £10.

That being said the love that goes in to one of my Mum's Sunday roasts will make it better than any meal you could buy anywhere ever no matter how much it costs or who makes it. That's the real difference with a proper Sunday roast, it's not about how it tastes or how it looks but who made it and why they made it that really matters.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2015, 06:02:55 PM »

Lol if you believe that.

If you buy it from the right place it's really nice. Admittedly that crap that Woodsey had looked awful but there's plenty of restaurants that will mass produce a Sunday roast that will be better than 95% of the home made meals you'll see on here.

Obviously home made will always be better (if it's cooked by someone who knows what they're doing) but it won't be that much better than you could buy for £10.

That being said the love that goes in to one of my Mum's Sunday roasts will make it better than any meal you could buy anywhere ever no matter how much it costs or who makes it. That's the real difference with a proper Sunday roast, it's not about how it tastes or how it looks but who made it and why they made it that really matters.

Have to agree with all that.

Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2015, 06:10:32 PM »

Roast dinner is too much for your average amateur without a family to feed so am going off piste.

This actually tasted better than it looked and fish was a genuine over the counter jobby.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2015, 06:16:07 PM »

Roast dinner is too much for your average amateur without a family to feed so am going off piste.

This actually tasted better than it looked

Almost impossible to be otherwise,

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2015, 06:16:11 PM »

Is that the starter?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2015, 06:17:53 PM »

Did you find it on the pavement outside a nightclub?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: