blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:26:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Rate My Dinner
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate My Dinner  (Read 45156 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2015, 12:39:25 PM »

And what it is with people who are taking points off for no sauce?

The only sauce you need with a roast meal is gravy!

Mint sauce? Apple sauce? No thanks. Detracts massively from the taste of the meat.

You don't have to use the sauces, but they should be available, they're no good in the cupboard. Think of your poor Mrs. It's her who has to leave her dinner when you make her go and fetch it.

The older I get, the better I was.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2015, 12:39:45 PM »

Would be interested to see how a Wetherspoons £7 with a drink roast dinner would be scored.  Always think they are cracking value.

Here's a £7.50 one from fat cat in Nottingham. Tasted pretty decent, huge Yorkshire pudding, only minus in real life was it looked like it has just been chucked on a plate, oh and they did put stuffing on the plate with beef lol. But in real life it scored a solid 8/10. Really could not fault it for £7.50  Smiley

Click to see full-size image.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2015, 12:45:43 PM »

Would be interested to see how a Wetherspoons £7 with a drink roast dinner would be scored.  Always think they are cracking value.

Here's a £7.50 one from fat cat in Nottingham. Tasted pretty decent, huge Yorkshire pudding, only minus in real life was it looked like it has just been chucked on a plate, oh and they did put stuffing on the plate with beef lol. But in real life it scored a solid 8/10. Really could not fault it for £7.50  Smiley

8/10 for mass produced swill? No wonder the country's going to Hell in a handcart.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2015, 02:27:57 PM »

DISQUALIFIED - the meat needs to be cooked, not raw.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2015, 02:31:20 PM »

Where's Spacefrog when you need him?

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2015, 02:33:07 PM »

The more I think about Bopkin's effort, the more I think he is the new Amatay.

90% sure it was one of these.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2015, 02:36:42 PM »

8/10 for mass produced swill? No wonder the country's going to Hell in a handcart.

I'm going to get a picture of my carvery on Thursday for you Tom. For £6 it's absolutely amazing!!

I'd be happy to attempt to make a Sunday roast for Ronnie and I but after the expense of my cooked breakfast I think I'll have to save up for a few weeks first.

Cooking fresh is just insanely expensive and really not that much better than the mass produced swill you refer to.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2015, 02:38:10 PM »

I think it's important to state at this juncture that Tom is not the Emperor of food and therefore his scores should be taken with a pinch of salt.

(See what I did there......)

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2015, 02:40:41 PM »

I'm going to get a picture of my carvery on Thursday for you Tom. For £6 it's absolutely amazing!!

I'd be happy to attempt to make a Sunday roast for Ronnie and I but after the expense of my cooked breakfast I think I'll have to save up for a few weeks first.

Cooking fresh is just insanely expensive and really not that much better than the mass produced swill you refer to.

If you are cooking for 4+ people it's probs cheaper but deffo true for 1 or 2 people. Can't ever imagine cooking a roast for 1 mind you, way too much hassle!  Grin
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2015, 02:40:58 PM »

Tom is a fusspot

chronic undermarking.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2015, 02:45:18 PM »

Plate upside down - 1

Laughed hard at this
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2015, 02:49:07 PM »

What's with the individual Yorkshire Pudding? Individual YPs are the preserve of the mass caterer and have pretty much zero flavour.

Ours is cooked in the pan with the joint of meat and thus has beautifully flavoursome fatty crispy bits on the bottom.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2015, 03:00:08 PM »

What's with the individual Yorkshire Pudding? Individual YPs are the preserve of the mass caterer and have pretty much zero flavour.

Ours is cooked in the pan with the joint of meat and thus has beautifully flavoursome fatty crispy bits on the bottom.

At what point do you put your YP's into the pan (assuming you mean in the oven?)

The meat should be out for about an hour to rest before carving and you obviously can't pour batter in alongside a roast so how does that work?
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2015, 03:06:48 PM »

Curly fries with your Sunday lunch?

You getting keep going up my list of fav Blondes Woodsey!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2015, 03:13:06 PM »

Woah there Woodsey!!!! What the f**k with the curly fries in the background? Also if I'm not mistaken one of them is green!!!!

Try the Priory for a carvery some time. Think you'll be impressed.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: