blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:59:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272582 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2194876 times)
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2015, 02:07:04 PM »

Corbyn seems like a decent bloke and in some respects, even if you don't agree with his politics you have to admire his conviction and honesty.

Apart from taking Labour to a more Left Wing position, he is a PR man's disaster. His past support for causes and his views will mean he is torn apart by the press and Tory spin doctors.

Going to be fun watching it unfold.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 12, 2015, 02:12:05 PM »

Proper old school left v right politics now.  Not another right wing party pretending to be left like the labour party of the last 20 years.  Looking forward to it.  This is how politics should be.  Clear divides and choices for people.

Cameron is fairly left leaning though. 

Sign on the Corbyn election.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2015, 03:02:13 PM »

Quite pleased with the result. At least we can have some proper debate about what is the best for the country,the economy,our children's futures and our place in the world. I see it as a protest vote against bland career politicians who are totally disconnected from the reality of people's lives,hopes and aspirations. I may personally think he is unelectable,naive and himself disconnected from what the vast majority of the electorate want but that's the strength of democracy. There is too much inequality in our society but I am not sure Corbyn is the man to become a Prime Minister capable of making any difference. What the country needs is more jobs,a globally competitive manufacturing base, a world class education system and far more equal opportunities for all.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 12, 2015, 07:57:20 PM »

The emails are coming already lol
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 12, 2015, 08:09:33 PM »

Quite pleased with the result. At least we can have some proper debate about what is the best for the country,the economy,our children's futures and our place in the world. I see it as a protest vote against bland career politicians who are totally disconnected from the reality of people's lives,hopes and aspirations. I may personally think he is unelectable,naive and himself disconnected from what the vast majority of the electorate want but that's the strength of democracy. There is too much inequality in our society but I am not sure Corbyn is the man to become a Prime Minister capable of making any difference. What the country needs is more jobs,a globally competitive manufacturing base, a world class education system and far more equal opportunities for all.

Great post.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 12, 2015, 08:36:22 PM »

If we can print more money to bail out banks, why not print more money to give the homeless somewhere to live?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 12, 2015, 08:48:02 PM »

another...
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 12, 2015, 09:18:15 PM »

If I were the Tories spin doctors, I would go easy on him for now.

Surely it's in the Tories interests to keep him as Labour leader as long as possible?

They must want him leading Labour into the next election.

Attack him later when it really matters.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 09:22:20 PM by RickBFA » Logged
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: September 12, 2015, 09:28:01 PM »

If we can print more money to bail out banks, why not print more money to give the homeless somewhere to live?

Money wasn't printed to bail out the banks - assuming you mean QE then this started in March 2009, and the bailouts were Oct 2008. (In addition to - that is just not the way it works)

"Printing money" to build houses is a terrible idea, however the UK govt borrowing 10-20 bn a year at 2.5% over 30 years would be a great investment, and they should just get on with it. (5 years ago it was even better when so many builders were unemployed)

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: September 12, 2015, 09:53:18 PM »

Surely it's in the Tories interests to keep him as Labour leader as long as possible?

Pretty much this, the media are probably going to do everything for them.

Not sure whether it's a good thing or not, but it looks like our politics are going to be as polarising as the Republicans vs Democrats over in the land of the free.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 12, 2015, 10:37:07 PM »

Not sure whether it's a good thing or not, but it looks like our politics are going to be as polarising as the Republicans vs Democrats over in the land of the free.

It's a credibility thing, they have to attack him now else be asked why not later.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 12, 2015, 11:13:05 PM »

It's a credibility thing, they have to attack him now else be asked why not later.

I have read a lot these past few days about how the media have behaved dispicably over Corbyn.  I can't help feeling that if Andy Burnham and Yvette Cooper had said the things he said and shared a platform with the people he had the media would have behaved exactly the same way.  As Woodsey and others have indicated he seems the perfect labour leader for the right wing press, so there seemed to be little reason for them to single him out before he got elected.

I know the left should stick together blah blah, but it is pretty unbelievable that Labour have found somebody less electable than Milliband.  Having said that I am not sure Andy Burnham would have been much better.  He was pretty mediocre throughout the campaign, so doubt he would fare any better in an election. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 12, 2015, 11:16:06 PM »

Burnham and Cooper just don't look or act like leaders.  They are middle management jobbers in political terms.  The new leader looks and sounds like a leader even if you don't like his policies.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 12, 2015, 11:17:33 PM »

Politics aside why does Corbyn dress like a homeless??

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 12, 2015, 11:17:44 PM »

Beautiful.

Click to see full-size image.

I haven't been a member of the Labour Party for 25 years. I'm rejoining now.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: