blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 01:45:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272631 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 913 914 915 916 [917] 918 919 920 921 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2201012 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13740 on: August 28, 2018, 11:24:56 AM »

Michael Bloomberg: Brexit is stupidest thing any country has done besides Trump

Billionaire media mogul says it is ‘hard to understand why a country doing so well wanted to ruin it’

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/oct/24/michael-bloomberg-brexit-is-stupidest-thing-any-country-has-done-besides-trump

(stands back)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #13741 on: August 28, 2018, 12:37:47 PM »

So I read Nicola Sturgeon thinks Brexit will be an "utter disaster" and then I turned to another article by Herman Van Rompuy who said Brexit could mean the break up of the UK whilst the EU gets stronger. In fact every which way I turn there is negative commentary, financial crash, no food, medicine shortages and of course travel chaos. All the other EU states aligned against us in talks, UK facing big gamble with risky future, business meltdown, obvious splits in the government. I concluded we find ourselves in a thoroughly miserable negotiating position. Yet we were always going to and all this was entirely predictable. Therefore the decision to hold a referendum on this question appears to be the work of a baboon.

I always thought you were smart, but FFS how has it taken you this long to arrive at this conclusion?
Brad knew right from the start.

Brad would probably have made a better job of negotiating with the EU

I'm amazed that the Remain majority in the Tory party and cabinet of the time, led by Cameron and Osborne, don't seem to get the level of opprobrium they deserve for presenting Brexit as a legitimate choice and then hastily departing the scene. Gotta be worst leadership the country has ever had.

sola virtus nobilitat
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #13742 on: August 28, 2018, 12:47:47 PM »

+1

The criticism is levelled instead on ill-informed unsuspecting voters who had legitimate concerns and registered an emotional vote or protest vote.

However the real villain has his trotters up in Nice.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13743 on: August 28, 2018, 03:58:45 PM »

+1 to both those posts.

Now were getting to the real crux of the issue.

The older I get, the better I was.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #13744 on: August 28, 2018, 05:21:43 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

Michael Gove for PM twitter account no longer supporting Michael Gove for PM
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #13745 on: August 28, 2018, 06:09:52 PM »

+1

The criticism is levelled instead on ill-informed unsuspecting voters who had legitimate concerns and registered an emotional vote or protest vote.

However the real villain has his trotters up in Nice.

The twat!

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #13746 on: August 28, 2018, 06:12:29 PM »

My god how embarrassing was Maypot’s Africa dancin?

I mean just as our negotiating position couldn’t get any weaker the PM pulls out awkward Peter Crouch robot moves.

I swear if we had a PM who hit that floor with style and confidence. Like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever. Maybe even a bit of choreography from surrounding cabinet ministers, those euro dads would be signing zero tariff deals before the music stopped. But no. It’s Maybot getting uncomfortably jiggy with it, brilliant!

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13747 on: August 29, 2018, 08:56:17 AM »

How close to the danger zone is Theresa May? asks

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2018/08/theresa-may-s-brexit-problem-isn-t-boris-johnson-it-s-maths

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13748 on: August 29, 2018, 09:59:41 AM »

On Twitter, Barny Boatman posed this question, which was a sort of Catch 22 thing;

I’ve got a question for those who make the reasonable point that having a second Brexit vote would be undemocratic.
What percentage of the population would have to want a second vote before it would be more undemocratic NOT to have one ?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #13749 on: August 29, 2018, 10:52:59 AM »

My god how embarrassing was Maypot’s Africa dancin?

I mean just as our negotiating position couldn’t get any weaker the PM pulls out awkward Peter Crouch robot moves.

I swear if we had a PM who hit that floor with style and confidence. Like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever. Maybe even a bit of choreography from surrounding cabinet ministers, those euro dads would be signing zero tariff deals before the music stopped. But no. It’s Maybot getting uncomfortably jiggy with it, brilliant!

Got to agree.

It was very funny but awkward watching.

For me it was the final straw and she now has to go.......

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13750 on: August 29, 2018, 11:02:04 AM »

I have a confession to make. Theresa May is a better dancer than me.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #13751 on: August 29, 2018, 12:50:10 PM »

On Twitter, Barny Boatman posed this question, which was a sort of Catch 22 thing;

I’ve got a question for those who make the reasonable point that having a second Brexit vote would be undemocratic.
What percentage of the population would have to want a second vote before it would be more undemocratic NOT to have one ?

Shall we have a referendum on whether or not to have a second referendum?

The Telegraph published a letter today from a Second Referendum supporter in which it was suggested that the threshold for ‘Leave’ be either 75% of those who vote, or more than 50% of all registered voters. Words fail me at this interpretation of democracy.

By the way, what exactly do people think will happen if we have a second vote and there is a majority for Remain?
The EU welcomes us back with open arms, all previous opt-outs restored and more added? A slap up meal with all the scallops you can eat?
Doesn’t seem likely.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #13752 on: August 29, 2018, 02:47:13 PM »

The Telegraph published a letter today from a Second Referendum supporter in which it was suggested that the threshold for ‘Leave’ be either 75% of those who vote, or more than 50% of all registered voters. Words fail me at this interpretation of democracy.

By the way, what exactly do people think will happen if we have a second vote and there is a majority for Remain?
The EU welcomes us back with open arms, all previous opt-outs restored and more added? A slap up meal with all the scallops you can eat?
Doesn’t seem likely.

I do think a second referendum is an affront to democracy. The use of a supermajority is standard though and has been commonplace through history, especially where nations/organisations fear relatively small factions screwing everyone else over. It just shows how complacent DC was, I guarantee he wishes he’d asked for a ‘3/5th’s for change supermajority’ for Brexit.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #13753 on: August 29, 2018, 03:26:04 PM »

Doesn’t seem likely.

What is your definition/interpretation of democracy?

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13754 on: August 29, 2018, 04:05:39 PM »

A tiny leave majority holding sway from a referendum where the remain camp fucked up the campaign and failed to adequately highlight the difficulties that we are facing now is a travesty.

Pages: 1 ... 913 914 915 916 [917] 918 919 920 921 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: