blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:15:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 919 920 921 922 [923] 924 925 926 927 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2196956 times)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #13830 on: September 07, 2018, 04:26:01 PM »

@MarinaHyde

My bit on Karen Bradley, and another triumphant week in the government of all the talentless

Karen Bradley routs her rival imbeciles with Ladybird guide to Northern Ireland

:-)

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/sep/07/karen-bradley-northern-ireland-secretary-tories?CMP=share_btn_tw

It’s her best work I reckon, really enjoyed that :-)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #13831 on: September 07, 2018, 04:41:43 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45438855

Guess it seems inevitable that there will be a split in the Labour Party at some point, there’s no way Jezza or any left wing labour party is getting elected. Good news for the Tories I suppose while they are in such a mess as well.

What’s their best chance? Breaking away and teaming up with the Lib Dem’s?
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #13832 on: September 07, 2018, 05:15:08 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45438855

Guess it seems inevitable that there will be a split in the Labour Party at some point, there’s no way Jezza or any left wing labour party is getting elected. Good news for the Tories I suppose while they are in such a mess as well.

What’s their best chance? Breaking away and teaming up with the Lib Dem’s?

Big Labour split looks highly likely. Theresa’s ‘Brexit means Remain’ will cause a massive split on the right as well though. Good news for the left. We need to get away from thinking about it being between two sides though, if we can. What would be best for the country? Broad coalition?
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #13833 on: September 07, 2018, 10:29:58 PM »

The Government has openly admitted that a no-deal Brexit will mean austerity 2.0 - wonder if people who voted for Brexit to stop immigration think it is public services taking another drastic hit is a price worth paying.?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-no-deal-cuts-operation-yellowhammer-eu-philip-hammond-latest-photo-chancellor-a8526046.html

As each new fact emerges it's used to harangue Leave voters for their decision from 2yrs ago. Yet the price of Brexit wasn't revealed in advance or presented to the voting public. In fact most people would say the thing they remember most was that brexit bus with bonus jackpot payments to public services. A perplexing decision to hold a referendum and a very lazy, sloppy performance by all political parties to present facts caused the current situation.

Anyway, I figure people voted Leave for some passionate reasons. Let's say it was to regain a sense of freedom or self-determination (nomatter how deluded that might be). Do you think stubborn Brits are going to set aside their principles because of some more austerity? It's a shame the EU think drastic cuts to public services is a price worth paying.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #13834 on: September 08, 2018, 12:09:29 AM »

The Government has openly admitted that a no-deal Brexit will mean austerity 2.0 - wonder if people who voted for Brexit to stop immigration think it is public services taking another drastic hit is a price worth paying.?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-no-deal-cuts-operation-yellowhammer-eu-philip-hammond-latest-photo-chancellor-a8526046.html

As each new fact emerges it's used to harangue Leave voters for their decision from 2yrs ago. Yet the price of Brexit wasn't revealed in advance or presented to the voting public. In fact most people would say the thing they remember most was that brexit bus with bonus jackpot payments to public services. A perplexing decision to hold a referendum and a very lazy, sloppy performance by all political parties to present facts caused the current situation.

Anyway, I figure people voted Leave for some passionate reasons. Let's say it was to regain a sense of freedom or self-determination (nomatter how deluded that might be). Do you think stubborn Brits are going to set aside their principles because of some more austerity? It's a shame the EU think drastic cuts to public services is a price worth paying.

Say you’re saying democracy is bad because most people are stubborn, ill informed and dumb? What other system should we use?
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #13835 on: September 08, 2018, 12:34:16 AM »

Say you’re saying democracy is bad because most people are stubborn, ill informed and dumb? What other system should we use?

and what should we do if the stubborn, dumb and ill informed support the interests of the people who provide the information (and make them rich)?
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #13836 on: September 08, 2018, 06:48:21 AM »

I’m not calling anybody dumb.

That’s your department mate.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #13837 on: September 08, 2018, 08:53:39 AM »

OK, you’re saying Leave voters were/are ill informed and stubborn, I’m saying allowing yourself to be those things is dumb. Seems like you’re saying democracy is flawed, for this reason. Maybe we’d be better off if we (the electorate) were responsible for electing the government and they made decisions that were too difficult for about 51.9% of us?
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #13838 on: September 08, 2018, 10:25:29 AM »

OK, you’re saying Leave voters were/are ill informed and stubborn, I’m saying allowing yourself to be those things is dumb. Seems like you’re saying democracy is flawed, for this reason. Maybe we’d be better off if we (the electorate) were responsible for electing the government and they made decisions that were too difficult for about 51.9% of us?

We tried that and ended up with a succession of governments who were one, or all, of the following; ill informed, stubborn and venal. All led by self-serving dickheads.

So now, democracy has led us to today’s position where our choice in an election tomorrow is between a government led by Theresa May and one led by Jeremy Corbyn.

Forget the arguments about how we might do after whatever Brexit deal is done. Ask yourself how the fuck did we get here?

Then ask yourself how we get to change things.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #13839 on: September 08, 2018, 10:31:34 AM »

@MarinaHyde

My bit on Karen Bradley, and another triumphant week in the government of all the talentless

Karen Bradley routs her rival imbeciles with Ladybird guide to Northern Ireland

:-)

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/sep/07/karen-bradley-northern-ireland-secretary-tories?CMP=share_btn_tw

It’s her best work I reckon, really enjoyed that :-)

Yep. Wish I could write like that

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13840 on: September 08, 2018, 10:54:04 AM »

Brexit secretary under fire from Michel Barnier over Irish border issue

The EU negotiator was said to be “disappointed and irritated” by Raab’s alleged failure this week to live up to a promise to provide data on the trade flows between the UK and Northern Ireland, which had been requested as part of an attempt to take the drama out of the Irish border issue.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/sep/07/brexit-secretary-under-fire-from-michel-barnier-on-irish-border-issue

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13841 on: September 09, 2018, 09:01:41 AM »

unedifying stuff

Boris Johnson compares Chequers deal to 'suicide vest'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45462900

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13842 on: September 09, 2018, 09:02:14 AM »

Lib Dems can't fill centre vacuum – because voters want "change" & they're "more of the same"

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/vince-cable-centre-party-tony-blair-lib-dems-a8528791.html

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13843 on: September 09, 2018, 09:03:26 AM »

As rumours grow that Karen Bradley may be moved to Defra, officials start to rehearse their briefings

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13844 on: September 09, 2018, 09:10:24 AM »

Sam coates on Andrew Marr that Boris’s “suicide vest” comments are a classic Lynton Crosby trick to distract our attention from the Blonde Aide stories about his private life. It’s called a “dead cat”, he says.

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 919 920 921 922 [923] 924 925 926 927 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: