blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:24:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 991 992 993 994 [995] 996 997 998 999 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2191600 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14910 on: November 07, 2018, 11:53:45 AM »

The older I get, the better I was.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #14911 on: November 07, 2018, 12:27:24 PM »

Bring Back Tighty!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #14912 on: November 07, 2018, 01:42:09 PM »

Everybody has a different cooling down period after a flouncing off so it's wrong to pressure. Tighty just needs time and space.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14913 on: November 07, 2018, 03:08:56 PM »

Everybody has a different cooling down period after a flouncing off so it's wrong to pressure. Tighty just needs time and space.

I would suggest that this thread needs Tighty far more than Tighty needs this thread.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #14914 on: November 07, 2018, 03:35:42 PM »

I would suggest that this thread needs Tighty far more than Tighty needs this thread.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #14915 on: November 07, 2018, 04:09:46 PM »

How are you feeling about the imminent cowardliest possible deal Mr Mantis?

In all seriousness if it goes ahead I assume it doesn't tick any of your boxes as we will have left but allowed them to continue to dictate thousands of rules to us?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #14916 on: November 07, 2018, 05:37:23 PM »

I think it's all very cowardly. But point out the heroes to me.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #14917 on: November 08, 2018, 08:02:38 AM »

The thread doesn’t specifically need Tighty, it needs people with the ability to enter into a debate.

I’ve not bothered posting for a while because it feels utterly pointless. The regular posters have dug in to their positions and have no real interest in altering them.

I’ve typed and deleted way too much on this post. I’ll leave it with this thought

The biggest scandal in UK poker of recent years has generated a lot of conversation, filled Facebook groups and 2p2 and yet it has two posts here. If Blonde isn’t debating that then why are we surprised that the post counts are down overall?

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14918 on: November 08, 2018, 08:33:41 AM »

The thread doesn’t specifically need Tighty, it needs people with the ability to enter into a debate.

I’ve not bothered posting for a while because it feels utterly pointless. The regular posters have dug in to their positions and have no real interest in altering them.

I’ve typed and deleted way too much on this post. I’ll leave it with this thought

The biggest scandal in UK poker of recent years has generated a lot of conversation, filled Facebook groups and 2p2 and yet it has two posts here. If Blonde isn’t debating that then why are we surprised that the post counts are down overall?

I'm not sure we are surprised that post counts are down.

My argument is that when TightEnd was posting  this was a busy thread, now that he isn't it's not.

I agree that his posts were one sided, but so what, it's his opinion and he has no obligation to anyone.

I do think he needs to be a bit more thick skinned about it though.

If someone said the sky was blue Mantis would disagree, that's what he does, it's part of his charm and probably also the reason that Brad got the best job.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #14919 on: November 08, 2018, 08:49:09 AM »

My argument is that when TightEnd was posting  this was a busy thread, now that he isn't it's not.

I agree that his posts were one sided, but so what, it's his opinion and he has no obligation to anyone.

If someone said the sky was blue Mantis would disagree, that's what he does, it's part of his charm and probably also the reason that Brad got the best job.

Got to agree.

Surely holding the position Tighty does here, he owes Blonde a thicker skin to keep the thing going.

There is no hate in any posts, strong opinions, yes, but such an emmotive subject will generate strong opinions and a few digs here and there.

Even those with the same views as Tighty have agreed the posts are one sided. Its inevitable, but better that than nothing.

For me, I learn more hear than anything I hear on the box.

As Delia would say......lets be 'aving you ......

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #14920 on: November 08, 2018, 09:08:10 AM »

Just looked up and the sky is grey.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14921 on: November 08, 2018, 09:08:44 AM »

Got to agree.

Surely holding the position Tighty does here, he owes Blonde a thicker skin to keep the thing going.

There is no hate in any posts, strong opinions, yes, but such an emmotive subject will generate strong opinions and a few digs here and there.

Even those with the same views as Tighty have agreed the posts are one sided. Its inevitable, but better that than nothing.

For me, I learn more hear than anything I hear on the box.

As Delia would say......lets be 'aving you ......

For the record, I didn't say he owes blonde anything

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #14922 on: November 08, 2018, 09:21:43 AM »

Why should Tighty have to be more thick skinned about it?  What would that achieve for him? He gave a lot to keep this thread interesting and alive but there comes a point when you make a decision for your own interests.
I would guess it was a close cut thing as he weighed up the pros and cons.
Joining this thread made sense in the beginning. He had a lot of common interests with the membership. But those common interests have faded away so he had a choice to make
Stay and be involved with a bunch of people that he didn’t really have much in common with.
Leave and be free to hold his own opinions and act on them.

After much internal debate I guess it came close to a coin toss, but ultimately, using a decision making algorithm carefully applied it came down as

Leave: 52
Stay: 48

Submitted with much love and admiration for Tighty.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #14923 on: November 08, 2018, 09:38:04 AM »

Why do shepherds delight?

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #14924 on: November 08, 2018, 09:59:11 AM »

Why should Tighty have to be more thick skinned about it?  What would that achieve for him? He gave a lot to keep this thread interesting and alive but there comes a point when you make a decision for your own interests.
I would guess it was a close cut thing as he weighed up the pros and cons.
Joining this thread made sense in the beginning. He had a lot of common interests with the membership. But those common interests have faded away so he had a choice to make
Stay and be involved with a bunch of people that he didn’t really have much in common with.
Leave and be free to hold his own opinions and act on them.

After much internal debate I guess it came close to a coin toss, but ultimately, using a decision making algorithm carefully applied it came down as

Leave: 52
Stay: 48

Submitted with much love and admiration for Tighty.

Meh. When you are one of the head honcho's of a forum, you cant be the one that flounches off, thats for the non paying freeloaders to do!! Cool

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pages: 1 ... 991 992 993 994 [995] 996 997 998 999 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: