blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:19:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 990 991 992 993 [994] 995 996 997 998 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2190581 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14895 on: October 31, 2018, 09:16:26 AM »

Looks like I've missed a lot of action over the weekend, while I was making miracles happen, in getting Vin to cough up for dinner Grin

Lots of coffee, and time to catch up!

Oooh  well played Sir.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #14896 on: October 31, 2018, 03:41:24 PM »

Looks like I've missed a lot of action over the weekend, while I was making miracles happen, in getting Vin to cough up for dinner Grin

Lots of coffee, and time to catch up!

Oooh  well played Sir.

Tougher deal to make than Brexit Grin

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #14897 on: November 03, 2018, 09:58:18 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46086336
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #14898 on: November 04, 2018, 01:09:31 PM »

Job done by the sound of it....

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-politics-42276855

No way it gets voted down in parliament now it involves staying in the customs union

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #14899 on: November 04, 2018, 01:11:52 PM »

Was watching Marr this morning and his interview with Banks and then pondering the twitterisation of politics.

When the BBC announced Banks would appear political twitter was awash with the standard lefty cry to no-platform him and how right wing the BBC is. Quickly moves on to ad-hominem attacks on Marr and how he just lets the interviewer give his views (er, that's what he's supposed to fkn do),  he's such a pussy he won't ask any tough questions etc

Setting aside the risible premises that

a) we shouldn't give a platform to views we don't agree with
b) an interview should somehow prove he's tough with an interviewee

Just let interviewees speak, ask the right questions, ask follow ups and let the rest of us judge what we've heard - pretend your Parkinson rather than the Sweeney.

Anyway, I'm sure as a result of Twitter calling Marr a pussycat, he tried to be hard rather than be good - what a pointless exercise, no pressure on the interviewee to respond with other than set answers if you just get hard by asking the same question over and over.

Political twitter must have put the discourse back in this country, and the West generally, by around 20 years with so many entrenched idiots trying to out dogma each other

sola virtus nobilitat
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #14900 on: November 04, 2018, 03:58:25 PM »

Was watching Marr this morning and his interview with Banks and then pondering the twitterisation of politics.

When the BBC announced Banks would appear political twitter was awash with the standard lefty cry to no-platform him and how right wing the BBC is. Quickly moves on to ad-hominem attacks on Marr and how he just lets the interviewer give his views (er, that's what he's supposed to fkn do),  he's such a pussy he won't ask any tough questions etc

Just let interviewees speak, ask the right questions, ask follow ups and let the rest of us judge what we've heard - pretend your Parkinson rather than the Sweeney.

Anyway, I'm sure as a result of Twitter calling Marr a pussycat, he tried to be hard rather than be good - what a pointless exercise, no pressure on the interviewee to respond with other than set answers if you just get hard by asking the same question over and over.

Political twitter must have put the discourse back in this country, and the West generally, by around 20 years with so many entrenched idiots trying to out dogma each other

Great post, it’s a huge problem.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14901 on: November 04, 2018, 04:26:50 PM »

Great post, it’s a huge problem.

Karma will always run over dogma.

The older I get, the better I was.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #14902 on: November 04, 2018, 05:31:58 PM »

Been a long time since I ever heard anyone say the BBC is Right wing.....

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #14903 on: November 04, 2018, 05:59:59 PM »

Get on twitter. Non stop complaints by the left about right wing bias at the BBC. Most of us elderly types have been brought up to perceive a slight left wing bias to the BBC...so much so that you end up believing it.  but most noise today seems to be created by identity driven types, mostly left wing, complaining against the bias against them

sola virtus nobilitat
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #14904 on: November 04, 2018, 06:13:55 PM »

Get on twitter. Non stop complaints by the left about right wing bias at the BBC. Most of us elderly types have been brought up to perceive a slight left wing bias to the BBC...so much so that you end up believing it.  but most noise today seems to be created by identity driven types, mostly left wing, complaining against the bias against them

I think their coverage favours the incumbent government. No real bias imo but a long history of Tory elders holding positions of seniority at the BBC.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #14905 on: November 04, 2018, 06:40:02 PM »

But thats is just left wing full stop.

Have to say, the only BBC news I watch is at lunchtime, and if Norman Smith isn't a leftie, I'm Steven Gerard...

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #14906 on: November 04, 2018, 07:41:55 PM »

I think their coverage favours the incumbent government. No real bias imo but a long history of Tory elders holding positions of seniority at the BBC.

Yes, sounds possible for sure

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #14907 on: November 04, 2018, 07:43:47 PM »

But thats is just left wing full stop.

Have to say, the only BBC news I watch is at lunchtime, and if Norman Smith isn't a leftie, I'm Steven Gerard...

Cheers stevie, I listen to news on the radio - many people frothing about the Today programme but probably a mix of complaints about standards alongside perceived bias

sola virtus nobilitat
engy

View Profile
« Reply #14908 on: November 04, 2018, 10:05:45 PM »

Another classic Tom lololol
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14909 on: November 07, 2018, 11:53:00 AM »

This thread doesn't need Tighty.

The older I get, the better I was.