blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:30:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1114 1115 1116 1117 [1118] 1119 1120 1121 1122 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2199516 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #16755 on: March 11, 2019, 11:46:32 PM »

Today's absolute nothing news on the backstop just confirms that we are either not going to leave the EU at all or need a second vote to get it over the bloody line or to stop it.

Nothing has changed on the backstop and it won't in the future. I also think that looking at both May & Junker's body language, this is genuinely the end of the line. Therefore meaning that if we opt to extend, that we can't extend for more talks, but instead something more significant in a GE or 2nd vote. It's pretty clear that ore talks aren't going to go anywhere.

I know I have banged on about the second vote, but it's the only way to get it across the line. Take it out of MP's hands and make sure it doesn't have to be confirmed by the 650 MP's. That vote should either be Deal v Remain or No Deal v Remain.

If this isn't going to happen, however undemocratic you think it is, then we are going to be here forever, whilst stuck in the EU!
dakky

View Profile
« Reply #16756 on: March 12, 2019, 02:25:38 AM »

I know I have banged on about the second vote, but it's the only way to get it across the line. Take it out of MP's hands and make sure it doesn't have to be confirmed by the 650 MP's. That vote should either be Deal v Remain or No Deal v Remain.

should be two parts

Part A:

LEAVE vs REMAIN

Part B:

If number of leave votes are greater than remain;

DEAL vs NO DEAL
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #16757 on: March 12, 2019, 09:15:01 AM »

Do we know what 'the deal' is before we blindly vote yes/no to it?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #16758 on: March 12, 2019, 09:16:32 AM »

Today's absolute nothing news on the backstop just confirms that we are either not going to leave the EU at all or need a second vote to get it over the bloody line or to stop it.

Nothing has changed on the backstop and it won't in the future. I also think that looking at both May & Junker's body language, this is genuinely the end of the line. Therefore meaning that if we opt to extend, that we can't extend for more talks, but instead something more significant in a GE or 2nd vote. It's pretty clear that ore talks aren't going to go anywhere.

If this isn't going to happen, however undemocratic you think it is, then we are going to be here forever, whilst stuck in the EU!

DUP/ERG are looking for a climb down and to move forward. This is their chance,...big last chance. As long as Cox says its legally blinding.......then we have a deal that gets through. Better than 50/50 for me this morning,
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16759 on: March 12, 2019, 09:57:27 AM »

I know I have banged on about the second vote, but it's the only way to get it across the line. Take it out of MP's hands and make sure it doesn't have to be confirmed by the 650 MP's.

That's not how it works. Whatever a referendum result might be MPs will still have to vote to pass whatever legislation through parliament.

Blue text
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #16760 on: March 12, 2019, 10:09:07 AM »

I hope they vote it through tonight just so we don't have to listen to Aaron's 2nd vote campaign anymore!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16761 on: March 12, 2019, 10:55:46 AM »

DUP/ERG are looking for a climb down and to move forward. This is their chance,...big last chance. As long as Cox says its legally blinding.......then we have a deal that gets through. Better than 50/50 for me this morning,

The independent information from legal minds seem to suggest he won't be able to advise anything of the sort.  This is a very good summary.

https://twitter.com/bricksilk/status/1105397617209556992

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #16762 on: March 12, 2019, 12:05:39 PM »

Why can't we give NI back to the Republic where it belongs?

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #16763 on: March 12, 2019, 12:10:01 PM »

Why can't we give NI back to the Republic where it belongs?

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16764 on: March 12, 2019, 03:37:53 PM »

Anyone gonna miss brexit when it's all over?

The older I get, the better I was.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #16765 on: March 12, 2019, 07:26:10 PM »

What's brexit?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #16766 on: March 12, 2019, 07:37:41 PM »

What's brexit?

It will be a footnote in history Sad

Ah! The element of surprise
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #16767 on: March 13, 2019, 09:29:34 AM »

Im just looking forward to the day all the fancy london coffee shops have to change "pain au chocolate" to "chocolate pasty"

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #16768 on: March 13, 2019, 09:56:33 AM »

Im just looking forward to the day all the fancy london coffee shops have to change "pain au chocolate" to "chocolate pasty"

Grin

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #16769 on: March 13, 2019, 10:14:51 AM »

.......and put the money in a jar, as there's no staff to serve  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 1114 1115 1116 1117 [1118] 1119 1120 1121 1122 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: