blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:07:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1115 1116 1117 1118 [1119] 1120 1121 1122 1123 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2198853 times)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #16770 on: March 13, 2019, 10:17:01 AM »

Im just looking forward to the day all the fancy london coffee shops have to change "pain au chocolate" to "chocolate pasty"

Grin

More than ever the EU holds the power now and even more so again after today/tomorrow’s HoC votes. They can make us use whichever language they like, I recommend Esperanto.

>joke<
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #16771 on: March 13, 2019, 10:31:15 AM »

On review, it’s ^^ probably a bit too close to the trolling line. Apologies to all concerned.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16772 on: March 13, 2019, 10:49:45 AM »

We need a better system than both parties claiming that each and everything the opposing party says and does is totally wrong.

The older I get, the better I was.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #16773 on: March 13, 2019, 11:01:47 AM »

We need a better system than both parties claiming that each and everything the opposing party says and does is totally wrong.

I don't think it is the system that is wrong, it was the referendum that was wrong.  It was when we stepped away from the system that it has gone very wrong. 

I'd say a small majority is normally a good brake on the excesses of the governing party, but it seems on this particular occasion the small majority could mean the extreme position ends up winning the day.  But you don't change the system because it fails occasionally.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #16774 on: March 13, 2019, 11:15:47 AM »

I don't think it is the system that is wrong, it was the referendum that was wrong.  It was when we stepped away from the system that it has gone very wrong. 

I'd say a small majority is normally a good brake on the excesses of the governing party, but it seems on this particular occasion the small majority could mean the extreme position ends up winning the day.  But you don't change the system because it fails occasionally.

If your braking system fails you may not get the chance to change it.

The referendum was the first of a few wrong decisions.
May being elected as leader was poor.
May calling an election was catastrophic.

Let’s get a 6 month extension and be involved in the European Parliament elections the appointment/election of a new commission and a replacement for Jean Claude.
Nigel F and his cohorts can all run on a Brexit Means Brexit ticket and the rest can run on a ‘better Together’ or whatever ticket. Maybe a Change from Within line would work?
A solid phalanx of Brexit Party MEPs would give the EU a good reason to want rid of us and push them toward offering better terms.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16775 on: March 13, 2019, 11:20:47 AM »

Let’s get a 6 month extension and be involved in the European Parliament elections the appointment/election of a new commission and a replacement for Jean Claude.

Nigel F and his cohorts can all run on a Brexit Means Brexit ticket and the rest can run on a ‘better Together’ or whatever ticket. Maybe a Change from Within line would work?
A solid phalanx of Brexit Party MEPs would give the EU a good reason to want rid of us and push them toward offering better terms.

Surely there is no chance that the EU will agree to this?

The older I get, the better I was.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #16776 on: March 13, 2019, 11:24:21 AM »

Hope there’s no plans to have tariffs on those damn tinned peaches 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47551266
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #16777 on: March 13, 2019, 11:28:52 AM »

They will agree to whatever they think most positively influences the likelihood of the UK staying in the Union. I don’t see a scenario where they don’t act in the way that they believe is in the best interests of the EU 28.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #16778 on: March 13, 2019, 11:37:17 AM »

If we haven’t left then I don’t think they can stop it.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #16779 on: March 13, 2019, 11:38:59 AM »

If we haven’t left then I don’t think they can stop it.

They have complete control over an extension and it needs all 27 to agree.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #16780 on: March 13, 2019, 11:47:35 AM »

EU grant NO extension.
 Panic in Westminster.
No deal is default on 29th.
Majority of MP's have no choice than to push through May's deal.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #16781 on: March 13, 2019, 11:49:40 AM »

EU grant NO extension.
 Panic in Westminster.

Or they are forced into another referendum and then the deceit is finally complete.....
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #16782 on: March 13, 2019, 12:02:01 PM »

EU grant NO extension.
 Panic in Westminster.

Why do you think the EU won’t grant an extension?
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #16783 on: March 13, 2019, 12:08:55 PM »

EU grant NO extension.
 Panic in Westminster.

I think they will...just putting forward a way forward for this sorry mess  Smiley
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #16784 on: March 13, 2019, 12:16:15 PM »

EU grant NO extension.
 Panic in Westminster.

I think they will...just putting forward a way forward for this sorry mess  Smiley

I guess they could do it, with the UK government complicit, to try and give May’s deal more leverage in a new HoC vote, the stakes would be high for that approach. (it’s a little far fetched I guess)
Pages: 1 ... 1115 1116 1117 1118 [1119] 1120 1121 1122 1123 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: