blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 03:08:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1186 1187 1188 1189 [1190] 1191 1192 1193 1194 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2228498 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #17835 on: June 04, 2019, 06:52:00 AM »

You can’t tar the vast majority of the the 52% with the same brush as the extremists that vote for far right, Tommy Robinson style parties.

Whilst the extremists will have voted for Brexit, you cannot equate the two views overall as the same.

Those extreme views are not held by the overwhelming majority of Brexit voters.

It isn't just about Tommy Robinson, as I have said. There are plenty of Brexit campaigners that are out there with hateful messages. I think it's pretty clear to see that people just don't like to admit it.
You lack some self awareness - not really news but you pour out more bile than the haters you condemn.

Love nirvana - not pro LGBT - utterly indifferent

Appears I missed a good night.

Nirvana sums it up well, however he doesn't lack just some self awareness, but you are spot on with the fact he spouts more bile here than anyone else, but I have been saying that for quite some time.
To be honest, how he hasn't been banned I don't know. I guess just swear words get you banned on here, being rude day after day to members, trying to stir up hatred, and.  spreading his form of tripe just doesn't cut the banning mustard.

Then in an amazing, but if you think about it, unsurprising turn of events, Kush jumps on the Aaron Bus which has every Brexiteer is a Racist, Homophobe and Thick as Shit, painted on the side of it.

Fwiw, a friend of mine, no shock shouts Aaron, who hates the Welsh and Scottish with a passion, therefore a racist, is very Pro Remain. One size doesn't fit all.

I remain a  steadfast Brexiteer, not because of any views on ethnicity,but because I deplore the views I see held, by so many in high places of Brussels, of the UK. I point this out time and time again, but folk seem to pass over it, and refer back to other easier to tackle parts of the argument.

I've had enough of going to the same party and getting charged to enter, the music hasn't changed in years, and the prices keep going up. Every time I ask them to change the music, they tell me to get lost. In the meantime they continue to let people into the party, who don't pay as much and they keep making up stupid rules, so I can't even dance without wearing high viz and a hard hat. Then, I notice, none of them are conforming to the same rules in their space on the dance floor, and they laugh at me. Finally, then when I want to leave the party they want to charge me to go, then call me every name in the book.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #17836 on: June 04, 2019, 07:38:09 AM »

Logical wizard racists only needs to be uttered 19,997 more times and it qualifies for entry into the Oxford English Dictionary. FACT

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17837 on: June 04, 2019, 07:39:48 AM »

You can’t tar the vast majority of the the 52% with the same brush as the extremists that vote for far right, Tommy Robinson style parties.

Whilst the extremists will have voted for Brexit, you cannot equate the two views overall as the same.

Those extreme views are not held by the overwhelming majority of Brexit voters.

It isn't just about Tommy Robinson, as I have said. There are plenty of Brexit campaigners that are out there with hateful messages. I think it's pretty clear to see that people just don't like to admit it.
You lack some self awareness - not really news but you pour out more bile than the haters you condemn.

Love nirvana - not pro LGBT - utterly indifferent

Appears I missed a good night.

Nirvana sums it up well, however he doesn't lack just some self awareness, but you are spot on with the fact he spouts more bile here than anyone else, but I have been saying that for quite some time.
To be honest, how he hasn't been banned I don't know. I guess just swear words get you banned on here, being rude day after day to members, trying to stir up hatred, and.  spreading his form of tripe just doesn't cut the banning mustard.

Then in an amazing, but if you think about it, unsurprising turn of events, Kush jumps on the Aaron Bus which has every Brexiteer is a Racist, Homophobe and Thick as Shit, painted on the side of it.

Fwiw, a friend of mine, ìo shock shouts Aaron, who hates the Welsh and Scottish with a passion, therefore a racist, is very Pro Remain. One size doesn't fit all.

I remain a  steadfast Brexiteer, not because of any views on ethnicity,but because I deplore the views I see held, by so many in high places of Brussels, of the UK. I point this out time and time again, but folk seem to pass over it, and refer back to other easier to tackle parts of the argument.

I've had enough of going to the same party and getting charged to enter, the music hasn't changed in years, and the prices keep going up. Every time I ask them to change the music, they tell me to get lost. In the meantime they continue to let people into the party, who don't pay as much and they keep making up stupid rules, so I can't even dance without wearing high viz and a hard hat. Then, I notice, none of them are conforming to the same rules in their space on the dance floor, and they laugh at me. Finally, then when I want to leave the party they want to charge me to go, then call me every name in the book.

He hates all Scottish people and Welsh people?

Why?

And why is he your friend?

The older I get, the better I was.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #17838 on: June 04, 2019, 08:50:39 AM »

Bliley, do you disown friends as soon as they do something you don't like?

You must have a small circle of perfect friends.....

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #17839 on: June 04, 2019, 09:08:44 AM »

Bliley, do you disown friends as soon as they do something you don't like?

You must have a small circle of perfect friends.....

:-), yeah those tiny imperfections like being a racist. Hating nations isn’t really racist though, it’s just spectacularly thick.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #17840 on: June 04, 2019, 09:27:27 AM »

Considering we always finish last in the Eurovision Song Contest it appears the whole of Europe is spectacularly thick

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #17841 on: June 04, 2019, 09:34:04 AM »

Considering we always finish last in the Eurovision Song Contest it appears the whole of Europe is spectacularly thick

Isn't it incredible how quick this lot are to take the bait and ratchet a bloke who doesn't want the Welsh or Scots to win at football(the same way they don't want us to) suddenly make him out to be a member of the KKK and a vile human being unworthy of anyones friendship.

But that in essence is what we have here. This is how guys like Kush will twist a simple disliking of a footballing situation, or similar into something far more heavy, politically biased and with the potential to label someone a racist, stupid and thick, to help fit their agenda when it isn't going their way.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 09:39:08 AM by BigAdz » Logged

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #17842 on: June 04, 2019, 09:44:35 AM »

Isn't it incredible how quick this lot are to take the bait and ratchet a bloke who doesn't want the Welsh or Scots to win at football(the same way they don't want us to) suddenly make him out to be a member of the KKK and a vile human being unworthy of anyones friendship.

But that in essence is what we have here. This is how guys like Kush will twist a simple disliking of a footballing situation into something far more heavy, politically biased and with the potential to label someone a racist, stupid and thick.

To be fair, you did say he hates the Welsh and Scottish rather than he had a disliking of something about their football teams.  The former would be racist, the latter is less likely, though if he has hated all their football teams ever, then it is unlikely to be for footballing reasons.   

I don't think Mantis will ever make it as a logic wizzard racist given the way he reaches his conclusion about Europe here.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #17843 on: June 04, 2019, 09:47:06 AM »

I think there is ambiguity with the definition of a racist. If someone has a problem with just one particular race and is fine with all others, is he a racist?

Yes he is.

E.g. I get on with all races apart from black people would be a racist opinion.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #17844 on: June 04, 2019, 09:50:35 AM »

But that in essence is what we have here. This is how guys like Kush will twist a simple disliking of a footballing situation into something far more heavy, politically biased and with the potential to label someone a racist, stupid and thick.

To be fair, you did say he hates the Welsh and Scottish rather than he had a disliking of something about their football teams.  The former would be racist, the latter is less likely, though if he has hated all their football teams ever, then it is unlikely to be for footballing reasons.   

I don't think Mantis will ever make it as a logic wizzard racist given the way he reaches his conclusion about Europe here.

Come on Doobs.

We have already seen Aaron and now Kush, have labelled everyone associated with Brexit as racists, without any knowledge of over 17 million of them. It just shows how easy it is for people with loud voices to label people, with just the smallest amount of information, even Tom jumped on the Bandwagon....

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #17845 on: June 04, 2019, 09:59:04 AM »

I think there is ambiguity with the definition of a racist. If someone has a problem with just one particular race and is fine with all others, is he a racist?

Yes.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #17846 on: June 04, 2019, 10:01:53 AM »

Come on Doobs.

We have already seen Aaron and now Kush, have labelled everyone associated with Brexit as racists, without any knowledge of over 17 million of them. It just shows how easy it is for people with loud voices to label people, with just the smallest amount of information, even Tom jumped on the Bandwagon....

I have stated over and over that I don’t think everyone associated with Brexit is a racist. It is a ridiculous view and certainly not one that I hold and certainly not something that I have ever written.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #17847 on: June 04, 2019, 10:08:50 AM »

The Anne Widdecombe quotes:-

"I also pointed out there was a time when we thought it was quite impossible for men to become women and vice versa.

And the fact we now think it’s quite impossible for people to switch sexuality doesn’t mean science may not yet produce an answer at some stage.”

Simple answer from MP Wes Streeting - Ann Widdecombe is a relic from a bygone era, whose petty prejudices are out of touch with the vast majority in Britain.

Amazes me that people not only hold views like this but feel comfortable voicing them.

Just when things were going so well for Nige.

Must have been major face palm time when he heard about this Roll Eyes

He knew exactly what he was doing when getting AW on board. It’s no secret that she is homophobic. It’s hate like that, that got Brexit votes & votes for the new Racist Party. You just can’t see it.

Trying to link Brexit and homophobia is just daft.

You make it sound like 52% of the population are racist homophobics.

It would be equally poor judgement to doubt that the hateful people rally to one side of this. Being a a racist, homophobe, Brexiteer, xenophobe, nationalist is strongly correlated. Of course not everyone is on the same part of the spectrum but all the hate will be correlated, when you analyse the whole group.

Interesting, because this is pretty darn close without actually saying the words......ridiculous view.....
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 10:30:41 AM by BigAdz » Logged

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17848 on: June 04, 2019, 10:42:27 AM »

Corbyn

Is an internationally recognised and celebrated anti racism figurehead. (Who supports Brexit)

Is also the leader of the 2nd political party to be referred to the EHRC for investigation, the other being the BNP.

He's not a shining example of anti-racism when he openly promotes a culture of tolerance towards anti-semitism within his own party.  It's debatable whether he's an anti-semite himself.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #17849 on: June 04, 2019, 10:44:43 AM »

The Anne Widdecombe quotes:-

"I also pointed out there was a time when we thought it was quite impossible for men to become women and vice versa.

And the fact we now think it’s quite impossible for people to switch sexuality doesn’t mean science may not yet produce an answer at some stage.”

Simple answer from MP Wes Streeting - Ann Widdecombe is a relic from a bygone era, whose petty prejudices are out of touch with the vast majority in Britain.

Amazes me that people not only hold views like this but feel comfortable voicing them.

Just when things were going so well for Nige.

Must have been major face palm time when he heard about this Roll Eyes

He knew exactly what he was doing when getting AW on board. It’s no secret that she is homophobic. It’s hate like that, that got Brexit votes & votes for the new Racist Party. You just can’t see it.

Trying to link Brexit and homophobia is just daft.

You make it sound like 52% of the population are racist homophobics.

It would be equally poor judgement to doubt that the hateful people rally to one side of this. Being a a racist, homophobe, Brexiteer, xenophobe, nationalist is strongly correlated. Of course not everyone is on the same part of the spectrum but all the hate will be correlated, when you analyse the whole group.

Interesting, because this is pretty darn close without actually saying the words......

It isn't though.  All he is saying is that people who are intolerant of one thing ar emore likely to be intolerant of another.   So if you are homophobic, you are more likely to be racist, and more likely to be a Brexit voter.

I am sure there was a poll a bit ago that showed a link between people who voted UKIP and racist thoughts.  I couldn't find it, but here is one on anti-semitism

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/bs0i5dmt7s/CampaignAgainstAntisemitismResults_170803_JewishOpinions.pdf

In it you can see that leavers are more likely to be anti-semetic than remainers, but there are anti-semetic people on both sides.  I am pretty sure there was a much stronger correlation between UKIPers and racist thoughts in the poll I saw.

I am not sure I have ever seen one linking homophobes with Brexit, but it seems likely to be true.   You can probably do some maths that show that as old people are more homphobic on average and are also more likely to vote for Brexit on average then Brexiteers are more likely to be homphobic than remainers. 

Anyway on a scale of racists: Tommy Robinson > average UKIPer> average leaver > average remainer, though some gaps are bigger than others.   I wouldn't want to speculate where everyone here is on the scale.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 1186 1187 1188 1189 [1190] 1191 1192 1193 1194 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: