blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 10:31:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1187 1188 1189 1190 [1191] 1192 1193 1194 1195 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2228722 times)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #17850 on: June 04, 2019, 10:55:10 AM »

The Anne Widdecombe quotes:-

"I also pointed out there was a time when we thought it was quite impossible for men to become women and vice versa.

And the fact we now think it’s quite impossible for people to switch sexuality doesn’t mean science may not yet produce an answer at some stage.”

Simple answer from MP Wes Streeting - Ann Widdecombe is a relic from a bygone era, whose petty prejudices are out of touch with the vast majority in Britain.

Amazes me that people not only hold views like this but feel comfortable voicing them.

Just when things were going so well for Nige.

Must have been major face palm time when he heard about this Roll Eyes

He knew exactly what he was doing when getting AW on board. It’s no secret that she is homophobic. It’s hate like that, that got Brexit votes & votes for the new Racist Party. You just can’t see it.

Trying to link Brexit and homophobia is just daft.

You make it sound like 52% of the population are racist homophobics.

It would be equally poor judgement to doubt that the hateful people rally to one side of this. Being a a racist, homophobe, Brexiteer, xenophobe, nationalist is strongly correlated. Of course not everyone is on the same part of the spectrum but all the hate will be correlated, when you analyse the whole group.

Interesting, because this is pretty darn close without actually saying the words......ridiculous view.....

It really isn’t close at all. Let’s try and explain it like this. Let’s say there are 17.4 million Brexiteers and 13 racists. Let’s say 11 of the racists are Brexit supporters and two are remainers. Am I saying all Brexiteers are racists? Seems like there are 17,399,989 non racists but more of the racists on the Brexit side. It’s a simple and perhaps not even particularly important point, that the racists however many or few there are, identify more strongly with the pro Brexit side of the debate. No one actually doubts this do they?

(Numbers made up for the purpose of demonstration, obvs)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17851 on: June 04, 2019, 11:04:28 AM »

Considering we always finish last in the Eurovision Song Contest it appears the whole of Europe is spectacularly thick

Isn't it incredible how quick this lot are to take the bait and ratchet a bloke who doesn't want the Welsh or Scots to win at football(the same way they don't want us to) suddenly make him out to be a member of the KKK and a vile human being unworthy of anyones friendship.

But that in essence is what we have here. This is how guys like Kush will twist a simple disliking of a footballing situation into something far more heavy, politically biased and with the potential to label someone a racist, stupid and thick.

To be fair, you did say he hates the Welsh and Scottish rather than he had a disliking of something about their football teams.  The former would be racist, the latter is less likely, though if he has hated all their football teams ever, then it is unlikely to be for footballing reasons.   

I don't think Mantis will ever make it as a logic wizzard racist given the way he reaches his conclusion about Europe here.

Come on Doobs.

We have already seen Aaron and now Kush, have labelled everyone associated with Brexit as racists, without any knowledge of over 17 million of them. It just shows how easy it is for people with loud voices to label people, with just the smallest amount of information, even Tom jumped on the Bandwagon....

Fwiw, a friend of mine, ìo shock shouts Aaron, who hates the Welsh and Scottish with a passion.

Sorry Adz. I just asked a couple of questions regarding this statement. There was no mention of football.

BTW- I have no idea what constitutes this particular bandwagon nor why asking a question constitutes jumping on it

The older I get, the better I was.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #17852 on: June 04, 2019, 11:08:54 AM »

And I found this that might counter the link I made between Brexit and homphobia.

https://www.manchester.ac.uk/discover/news/peak-acceptance-of-homosexuality/

As you can see homphobia has gone down over time, as younger people are less homophobic than older people.  But you can also see that some races and religions are much less tolerant than others on average (no surprise given the school protests in Birmingham?), so there must be a fair few religious, non-white, non-Brexit voters that are also homophobic.  I wouldn't like to speculate how their prejudices compare with the religious white penioners who voted Brexit in their droves.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #17853 on: June 04, 2019, 12:26:18 PM »

Thatcher doc was great yesterday. Reminder of the momentous times and events that occurred in my teens and early twenties. Looking back, I can't believe how dismissive I was of this giant at the time

sola virtus nobilitat
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #17854 on: June 04, 2019, 01:02:54 PM »

Thatcher doc was great yesterday. Reminder of the momentous times and events that occurred in my teens and early twenties. Looking back, I can't believe how dismissive I was of this giant at the time

If she was in charge today we wouldn't be having all these petty arguments on here, the job would of been sorted long ago
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #17855 on: June 04, 2019, 01:32:51 PM »

The Anne Widdecombe quotes:-

"I also pointed out there was a time when we thought it was quite impossible for men to become women and vice versa.

And the fact we now think it’s quite impossible for people to switch sexuality doesn’t mean science may not yet produce an answer at some stage.”

Simple answer from MP Wes Streeting - Ann Widdecombe is a relic from a bygone era, whose petty prejudices are out of touch with the vast majority in Britain.

Amazes me that people not only hold views like this but feel comfortable voicing them.

Just when things were going so well for Nige.

Must have been major face palm time when he heard about this Roll Eyes

He knew exactly what he was doing when getting AW on board. It’s no secret that she is homophobic. It’s hate like that, that got Brexit votes & votes for the new Racist Party. You just can’t see it.

Trying to link Brexit and homophobia is just daft.

You make it sound like 52% of the population are racist homophobics.

It would be equally poor judgement to doubt that the hateful people rally to one side of this. Being a a racist, homophobe, Brexiteer, xenophobe, nationalist is strongly correlated. Of course not everyone is on the same part of the spectrum but all the hate will be correlated, when you analyse the whole group.

Interesting, because this is pretty darn close without actually saying the words......ridiculous view.....

It really isn’t close at all. Let’s try and explain it like this. Let’s say there are 17.4 million Brexiteers and 13 racists. Let’s say 11 of the racists are Brexit supporters and two are remainers. Am I saying all Brexiteers are racists? Seems like there are 17,399,989 non racists but more of the racists on the Brexit side. It’s a simple and perhaps not even particularly important point, that the racists however many or few there are, identify more strongly with the pro Brexit side of the debate. No one actually doubts this do they?

(Numbers made up for the purpose of demonstration, obvs)

Yes I doubt it.

You say...

a) Remain is for the economically astute, the financially logical and b) Leave is for the racists

Ergo you are saying that all racists are economically naive or they prioritise racism before their economic well-being

Please link to the source that demonstrates this conclusion is accurate

Oh and with another mention economic wizard racists are one more step to being a real thing

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #17856 on: June 04, 2019, 02:02:31 PM »

That isn't what he said at all.

But i do love economic wizard racists!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #17857 on: June 04, 2019, 02:42:55 PM »

An interesting graph:-

Click to see full-size image.
Identify" border="0

Remain voters still identify with their local area, and the union, just also with Europe and the rest of the world. It is not an either/or scenario.

I am not really sure what "identify with" actually means though.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #17858 on: June 04, 2019, 02:56:34 PM »

An interesting graph:-

Identify" border="0

Remain voters still identify with their local area, and the union, just also with Europe and the rest of the world. It is not an either/or scenario.

I am not really sure what "identify with" actually means though.

Yes its a bit trite. Ask the average remainder how being in the EU benefits the global community and we might expect to wait a fair time for a meaningful answer

sola virtus nobilitat
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #17859 on: June 04, 2019, 03:12:41 PM »

Revolt" border="0

I like this one more.

The climate is ripe for the UK version of Trump isn't it? The alternative candidate, rebelling against the system.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #17860 on: June 04, 2019, 04:48:34 PM »

Incredible what the other 3 in 5 must be thinking?!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #17861 on: June 04, 2019, 05:34:27 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48515505

Didn’t take long. Even the remainers are falling out.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #17862 on: June 04, 2019, 05:38:45 PM »

Incredible what the other 3 in 5 must be thinking?!

the alternative is Farage.  It isn't the system, that usually works fine, it is the people who currently have the power.   Once we get rid of May, Farage, Corbyn and Johnson it might start working again...  

Unless we get a Government led by Esther McVey and Philip Davies anyway.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #17863 on: June 04, 2019, 05:49:01 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48515505

Didn’t take long. Even the remainers are falling out.

Pretty incredible story but when you weigh these lightweights versus the heavyweight Gang of Four that also failed to transform British politics it's no big surprise

Feel so old these days as can't help harking back to ancient times when everything was so much better. Well except for, health outcomes, standards of living, death age expectation, the threat of nuclear war, non stop strikes, global poverty, safety standards, etc ad naus.

I think we were more intelligent back then, less knowledgeable but more intelligent.

Edit: just read the whole thing, so many deluded quotes from both the departing and the staying - cretins
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 05:53:02 PM by nirvana » Logged

sola virtus nobilitat
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #17864 on: June 04, 2019, 07:24:13 PM »

You can’t tar the vast majority of the the 52% with the same brush as the extremists that vote for far right, Tommy Robinson style parties.

Whilst the extremists will have voted for Brexit, you cannot equate the two views overall as the same.

Those extreme views are not held by the overwhelming majority of Brexit voters.

It isn't just about Tommy Robinson, as I have said. There are plenty of Brexit campaigners that are out there with hateful messages. I think it's pretty clear to see that people just don't like to admit it.
You lack some self awareness - not really news but you pour out more bile than the haters you condemn.

Love nirvana - not pro LGBT - utterly indifferent

Appears I missed a good night.

Nirvana sums it up well, however he doesn't lack just some self awareness, but you are spot on with the fact he spouts more bile here than anyone else, but I have been saying that for quite some time.
To be honest, how he hasn't been banned I don't know. I guess just swear words get you banned on here, being rude day after day to members, trying to stir up hatred, and.  spreading his form of tripe just doesn't cut the banning mustard.

Then in an amazing, but if you think about it, unsurprising turn of events, Kush jumps on the Aaron Bus which has every Brexiteer is a Racist, Homophobe and Thick as Shit, painted on the side of it.

Fwiw, a friend of mine, no shock shouts Aaron, who hates the Welsh and Scottish with a passion, therefore a racist, is very Pro Remain. One size doesn't fit all.

I remain a  steadfast Brexiteer, not because of any views on ethnicity,but because I deplore the views I see held, by so many in high places of Brussels, of the UK. I point this out time and time again, but folk seem to pass over it, and refer back to other easier to tackle parts of the argument.

I've had enough of going to the same party and getting charged to enter, the music hasn't changed in years, and the prices keep going up. Every time I ask them to change the music, they tell me to get lost. In the meantime they continue to let people into the party, who don't pay as much and they keep making up stupid rules, so I can't even dance without wearing high viz and a hard hat. Then, I notice, none of them are conforming to the same rules in their space on the dance floor, and they laugh at me. Finally, then when I want to leave the party they want to charge me to go, then call me every name in the book.

THis is amazing and hilarious.

I have never called anyone on here homophobic or racist, but I am quick to point out the kind of people are voting for Brexit. All those at the top of the Brexit campaign have hateful messages to promote and perhaps that hate is what got Brexit over the line and the Brexit Party has so much support.

You're sat here calling for (lol) to be banned. But yt it is you who called out moderators as leaving the forum because they disagreed with you. Hilarious. Not to mention your endless insults at me.

And I am not surprised you have agreed with Nirvana. You're always trying to cling onto to folk who disagree with me or perhaps quote folk who make a good point about Brexit, because you have an inability too.

Anyway, surprised to see the UK approval ratings for Trump was only 22%. I kinda expected it to be bear 52%. 
Pages: 1 ... 1187 1188 1189 1190 [1191] 1192 1193 1194 1195 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: