blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 05:50:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1188 1189 1190 1191 [1192] 1193 1194 1195 1196 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2228573 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #17865 on: June 04, 2019, 07:25:14 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48515505

Didn’t take long. Even the remainers are falling out.

What a joke they turned out to be.......

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #17866 on: June 04, 2019, 07:31:50 PM »

You can’t tar the vast majority of the the 52% with the same brush as the extremists that vote for far right, Tommy Robinson style parties.

Whilst the extremists will have voted for Brexit, you cannot equate the two views overall as the same.

Those extreme views are not held by the overwhelming majority of Brexit voters.

It isn't just about Tommy Robinson, as I have said. There are plenty of Brexit campaigners that are out there with hateful messages. I think it's pretty clear to see that people just don't like to admit it.
You lack some self awareness - not really news but you pour out more bile than the haters you condemn.

Love nirvana - not pro LGBT - utterly indifferent

Appears I missed a good night.

Nirvana sums it up well, however he doesn't lack just some self awareness, but you are spot on with the fact he spouts more bile here than anyone else, but I have been saying that for quite some time.
To be honest, how he hasn't been banned I don't know. I guess just swear words get you banned on here, being rude day after day to members, trying to stir up hatred, and.  spreading his form of tripe just doesn't cut the banning mustard.

Then in an amazing, but if you think about it, unsurprising turn of events, Kush jumps on the Aaron Bus which has every Brexiteer is a Racist, Homophobe and Thick as Shit, painted on the side of it.

Fwiw, a friend of mine, no shock shouts Aaron, who hates the Welsh and Scottish with a passion, therefore a racist, is very Pro Remain. One size doesn't fit all.

I remain a  steadfast Brexiteer, not because of any views on ethnicity,but because I deplore the views I see held, by so many in high places of Brussels, of the UK. I point this out time and time again, but folk seem to pass over it, and refer back to other easier to tackle parts of the argument.

I've had enough of going to the same party and getting charged to enter, the music hasn't changed in years, and the prices keep going up. Every time I ask them to change the music, they tell me to get lost. In the meantime they continue to let people into the party, who don't pay as much and they keep making up stupid rules, so I can't even dance without wearing high viz and a hard hat. Then, I notice, none of them are conforming to the same rules in their space on the dance floor, and they laugh at me. Finally, then when I want to leave the party they want to charge me to go, then call me every name in the book.

THis is amazing and hilarious.

I have never called anyone on here homophobic or racist, but I am quick to point out the kind of people are voting for Brexit. All those at the top of the Brexit campaign have hateful messages to promote and perhaps that hate is what got Brexit over the line and the Brexit Party has so much support.

You're sat here calling for (lol) to be banned. But yt it is you who called out moderators as leaving the forum because they disagreed with you. Hilarious. Not to mention your endless insults at me.

And I am not surprised you have agreed with Nirvana. You're always trying to cling onto to folk who disagree with me or perhaps quote folk who make a good point about Brexit, because you have an inability too.

Anyway, surprised to see the UK approval ratings for Trump was only 22%. I kinda expected it to be bear 52%.  

Punctuation and grammar a disgrace as ever. Probably a lack of education and understanding.......

You have called everyone that voted for Brexit a racist so many times I have lost count. Over the last few days you have taken it a step further and suggested that racists are homophobes as well, therefore implying etc etc. Don't say you haven't, it's there for all to see and thats why so many people called you an idiot last night. Not just me.

I sure don't need anyone coat tails to win an argument with you.

You are the one that tries to single me out, as you have seen others have a pop and consider you can win easy points. I don't roll over that easy pal. I don't want to get you excited, but you come at me, and I will keep coming harder.....and you give me way too much material to make it difficult.

A parrott would put up a good defence, as I could feed him a single line and he could just bat off your single line "Brexiteers are racists" with his retort.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 07:44:00 PM by BigAdz » Logged

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #17867 on: June 04, 2019, 08:02:42 PM »

some great stuff last few pages

a mixture of daily mail with mad grabbing at theories that are not there and the usual arguments

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #17868 on: June 04, 2019, 08:11:06 PM »

You can’t tar the vast majority of the the 52% with the same brush as the extremists that vote for far right, Tommy Robinson style parties.

Whilst the extremists will have voted for Brexit, you cannot equate the two views overall as the same.

Those extreme views are not held by the overwhelming majority of Brexit voters.

It isn't just about Tommy Robinson, as I have said. There are plenty of Brexit campaigners that are out there with hateful messages. I think it's pretty clear to see that people just don't like to admit it.
You lack some self awareness - not really news but you pour out more bile than the haters you condemn.

Love nirvana - not pro LGBT - utterly indifferent

Appears I missed a good night.

Nirvana sums it up well, however he doesn't lack just some self awareness, but you are spot on with the fact he spouts more bile here than anyone else, but I have been saying that for quite some time.
To be honest, how he hasn't been banned I don't know. I guess just swear words get you banned on here, being rude day after day to members, trying to stir up hatred, and.  spreading his form of tripe just doesn't cut the banning mustard.

Then in an amazing, but if you think about it, unsurprising turn of events, Kush jumps on the Aaron Bus which has every Brexiteer is a Racist, Homophobe and Thick as Shit, painted on the side of it.

Fwiw, a friend of mine, no shock shouts Aaron, who hates the Welsh and Scottish with a passion, therefore a racist, is very Pro Remain. One size doesn't fit all.

I remain a  steadfast Brexiteer, not because of any views on ethnicity,but because I deplore the views I see held, by so many in high places of Brussels, of the UK. I point this out time and time again, but folk seem to pass over it, and refer back to other easier to tackle parts of the argument.

I've had enough of going to the same party and getting charged to enter, the music hasn't changed in years, and the prices keep going up. Every time I ask them to change the music, they tell me to get lost. In the meantime they continue to let people into the party, who don't pay as much and they keep making up stupid rules, so I can't even dance without wearing high viz and a hard hat. Then, I notice, none of them are conforming to the same rules in their space on the dance floor, and they laugh at me. Finally, then when I want to leave the party they want to charge me to go, then call me every name in the book.

THis is amazing and hilarious.

I have never called anyone on here homophobic or racist, but I am quick to point out the kind of people are voting for Brexit. All those at the top of the Brexit campaign have hateful messages to promote and perhaps that hate is what got Brexit over the line and the Brexit Party has so much support.

You're sat here calling for (lol) to be banned. But yt it is you who called out moderators as leaving the forum because they disagreed with you. Hilarious. Not to mention your endless insults at me.

And I am not surprised you have agreed with Nirvana. You're always trying to cling onto to folk who disagree with me or perhaps quote folk who make a good point about Brexit, because you have an inability too.

Anyway, surprised to see the UK approval ratings for Trump was only 22%. I kinda expected it to be bear 52%.  

Punctuation and grammar a disgrace as ever. Probably a lack of education and understanding.......

You have called everyone that voted for Brexit a racist so many times I have lost count. Over the last few days you have taken it a step further and suggested that racists are homophobes as well, therefore implying etc etc. Don't say you haven't, it's there for all to see and thats why so many people called you an idiot last night. Not just me.

I sure don't need anyone coat tails to win an argument with you.

You are the one that tries to single me out, as you have seen others have a pop and consider you can win easy points. I don't roll over that easy pal. I don't want to get you excited, but you come at me, and I will keep coming harder.....and you give me way too much material to make it difficult.

A parrott would put up a good defence, as I could feed him a single line and he could just bat off your single line "Brexiteers are racists" with his retort.

Just for your reference, I am far more educated than you. But honestly, your post is hilarious.

You one again mention that I have called people racists, I haven't one done tat. Instead, you are assuming that. You are putting yourself and others in that bracket. You then say I try to single you out, but yet here you are, getting involved with a discussion I was having with another member. Or in another topic where you can't get involved in a discussion, but instead want to start another argument about assumptions about Brexit voters.

It's you who "comes" for people, not the other way round. Perhaps you should start accusing Tikay of something, because he hasn't posted anything for a few pages.

Or perhaps, be an adult and if you don't like what I post, don't reply or block. 
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17869 on: June 04, 2019, 08:26:43 PM »

It's you who "comes" for people, not the other way round. Perhaps you should start accusing Tikay of something, because he hasn't posted anything for a few pages.

This refers to BigAdz accusing Tightend of going off in a huff when in reality he was absent because his daughter was or is suffering from cancer.

When BigAdz found out the truth he apologised immediately and Tightend accepted the apology, that should be the end of it, but you keep raking it up as a means of petty point-scoring.

Now I don't give two fucks about either of you and your stupid argument, but I swear to God that if you mention it again, I will ban you.

The older I get, the better I was.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #17870 on: June 04, 2019, 08:55:15 PM »

This refers to BigAdz accusing Tightend of going off in a huff when in reality he was absent because his daughter was or is suffering from cancer.

When BigAdz found out the truth he apologised immediately and Tightend accepted the apology, that should be the end of it, but you keep raking it up as a means of petty point-scoring.

Now I don't give two fucks about either of you and your stupid argument, but I swear to God that if you mention it again, I will ban you.

You talk about point scoring, but you’re just letting someone else do that by threatening to ban me. Perhaps, you should have took this up via PM. I’m happy to leave myself if you choose to not do this privately.

Just telling you.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #17871 on: June 04, 2019, 09:10:27 PM »

You're doing it to yourself.

Think he's done exactly the right thing, as you're been asked to stop droning on about it for an age and not taken any notice.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #17872 on: June 04, 2019, 09:23:21 PM »

This is frustrating because Aaron makes some good points at times. I hope you don't leave and just keep going with your narrative

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #17873 on: June 04, 2019, 09:29:06 PM »

Anyway, to change the subject can someone help me with this.

With any trade deal its an obvious fact that one opens up some level of public contracting to the trading partner. So any public contracts here are open to competitive tender from our EU trading partners.

Why, when a US/UK trade deal is the point of discussion, , does this fact tend to get characterised as the UK privatising the NHS and selling it off to the yanks.

What am I missing ?

sola virtus nobilitat
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #17874 on: June 04, 2019, 10:28:18 PM »

Something I’m missing is Donald saying when UK throws off shackles of EU we get big trade deal. Why isn’t this factored into the wizardry and economical logics? Is it something to do with racism??

Second thing I’m missing is Maggie Thatcher. Those docus just remind me what a formidable leader she was. Despite the mewing about coal, milk, poll tax she was a genuine tour de force. Since her exit we’ve had a trail of dribblers. FACT.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #17875 on: June 04, 2019, 10:43:51 PM »

With any trade deal its an obvious fact that one opens up some level of public contracting to the trading partner. So any public contracts here are open to competitive tender from our EU trading partners.

Why, when a US/UK trade deal is the point of discussion, , does this fact tend to get characterised as the UK privatising the NHS and selling it off to the yanks.

What am I missing ?

The kind of trade deal that the US envisaged with the EU had a tribunal where US corps would sue if they felt that they were getting unfairly undercut by public services.  It is a reasonable assumption that the US will insist on this again.

https://fullfact.org/europe/does-ttip-mean-privatisation-nhs/

We already do a decent amount of trade with the US under EU agreements.   I'm not sure where our angles are.  The US uses its states as barriers to trade - just look at gambling for an example.  The same things happen in other services.  So I really can't see what we gain from a major change.  But maybe someone can point out where there are some barriers that can be removed.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #17876 on: June 04, 2019, 11:02:41 PM »

What am I missing ?

The kind of trade deal that the US envisaged with the EU had a tribunal where US corps would sue if they felt that they were getting unfairly undercut by public services.  It is a reasonable assumption that the US will insist on this again.

https://fullfact.org/europe/does-ttip-mean-privatisation-nhs/

We already do a decent amount of trade with the US under EU agreements.   I'm not sure where our angles are.  The US uses its states as barriers to trade - just look at gambling for an example.  The same things happen in other services.  So I really can't see what we gain from a major change.  But maybe someone can point out where there are some barriers that can be removed.

Thanks for that, I'm gonna have to use the fullfact site more as a resource. I'd pretty much forgotten about TTIP and where that had got to. Agree its hard to see the obvious benefits to a trade deal in terms of barriers coming down when there's already so much trade and investment both ways between the UK and US or EU and US

I suppose there is some advantage in avoiding new barriers going up in periods, like now, where you get an administration that seems happy to engage in trade wars. And on balance I guess anyone could argue that it's better to have a trade deal with the US than not.

sola virtus nobilitat
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #17877 on: June 04, 2019, 11:36:15 PM »

some great stuff last few pages

a mixture of daily mail with mad grabbing at theories that are not there and the usual arguments

Thanks.

Invaluable input.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #17878 on: June 05, 2019, 12:36:30 AM »

I posted this a few days back and didn't any response, but I am genuinely curious. Why does the Tory leadership contest need to take so long?

Can we not simply have two weeks of them campaigning to get MP's votes, then two weeks of whittling those candidates down to 2 and getting that done too? 10 candidates to 1. Yo could whittle them down each day! Done by the end of this month, rather than next month.

As the EU said at the last extension, don't waste your time, we simply will have had 3 months of no progress by the end of July....
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #17879 on: June 05, 2019, 12:46:34 AM »

I posted this a few days back and didn't any response, but I am genuinely curious. Why does the Tory leadership contest need to take so long?

Can we not simply have two weeks of them campaigning to get MP's votes, then two weeks of whittling those candidates down to 2 and getting that done too? 10 candidates to 1. Yo could whittle them down each day! Done by the end of this month, rather than next month.

As the EU said at the last extension, don't waste your time, we simply will have had 3 months of no progress by the end of July....

Nah, we need maximum wind up time for the lefties before Boris is finally crowned 
Pages: 1 ... 1188 1189 1190 1191 [1192] 1193 1194 1195 1196 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: