blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:23:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272583 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1220 1221 1222 1223 [1224] 1225 1226 1227 1228 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2194964 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18345 on: June 23, 2019, 11:25:59 AM »

so what is your substantive rebuttal that his designs and plans are all bunkum, as espoused by various people such as Gauke as detailed this morning?

I won't wait around, been 3 years and counting expecting those

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18346 on: June 23, 2019, 11:26:02 AM »

If you’re worried about danger you act

Unless you are Tory MP faced with invasion of protesters

Then don’t move, head down, just stare at table

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #18347 on: June 23, 2019, 11:29:04 AM »

so what is your substantive rebuttal that his designs and plans are all bunkum, as espoused by various people such as Gauke as detailed this morning?

I won't wait around, been 3 years and counting expecting those

I’ve grown weary of criticising instead of providing solutions

It’s like watching countdown with someone who keeps saying what no 8 letter word again tut tut

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18348 on: June 23, 2019, 11:30:03 AM »

It's a matter of public interest if its a domestic abuse case.

The neighbours may be Martians with purple heads for all i know, but if they are worried they act, as any concerned citizen should. Subsequent actions (going to the papaers say) are a different matter

I find it staggering that people take the worst of the neighbours motives at outset.

In attitudes towards this the Trumpification of our society continues. First its "fake news" "politically motivated", then the rest folows

If every heated domestic argument was reported to the police, they would be getting tens of thousands of similar cases a day.

It’s disproportionate and it’s certainty not worthy of headline news just because it’s a politician.

We are in danger of having expectations that are so unrealistic that we might as well expect politicians to be virginally, whiter than white angels.

Rick

she shouted  "get off me" we are told

there is banging around

how do you know at that point its just a heated domestic argument? You don't

My eyes are open wide
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #18349 on: June 23, 2019, 11:55:16 AM »

As a kid I remember one night, at my parents semi-detached house, where there was an almighty row taking place at the neighbours between a husband and wife. Like any normal human being my dad went around there to see if things were ok and ultimately defused the situation. My dad didnt call the police, he didnt record what was taking place. He did the right thing and tried to help despite actually not getting on with the neighbours at all.

Ah! The element of surprise
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #18350 on: June 23, 2019, 11:58:38 AM »

What if the neighbour hears banging about and woman screams “My God Boris you absolute stallion”

Wonder if that story is reported with similar zeal

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18351 on: June 23, 2019, 11:59:35 AM »

Times have changed (I know some brexiteers rail against this)

no mobile phones when we were kids, no easy way of recording

No established instances of abuse in many areas of society whether domestic, sexual or other, things were simply covered up. Concern not heightened as it is now.

I think, still, that the railing against the neighbours is quite misguided, even if it turns out that there is nothing here beyond what we already know.

My eyes are open wide
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #18352 on: June 23, 2019, 12:01:56 PM »

The neighbours may be Martians with purple heads for all i know, but if they are worried they act, as any concerned citizen should. Subsequent actions (going to the papaers say) are a different matter

I find it staggering that people take the worst of the neighbours motives at outset.

In attitudes towards this the Trumpification of our society continues. First its "fake news" "politically motivated", then the rest folows

If every heated domestic argument was reported to the police, they would be getting tens of thousands of similar cases a day.

It’s disproportionate and it’s certainty not worthy of headline news just because it’s a politician.

We are in danger of having expectations that are so unrealistic that we might as well expect politicians to be virginally, whiter than white angels.

Rick

there is banging around

People shout and say a lot of things during an argument.

I would guess we’ve all had domestics where to an outsider, not knowing the context it could sound 1000% worse than it is. Should every situation be reported to the police? Like I said, they are going to be very very busy if so.

Ultimately what has boris’s private bust up with his Mrs got to do with us or The Guardian?
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #18353 on: June 23, 2019, 12:08:07 PM »

No established instances of abuse in many areas of society whether domestic, sexual or other, things were simply covered up. Concern not heightened as it is now.

I think, still, that the railing against the neighbours is quite misguided, even if it turns out that there is nothing here beyond what we already know.

Yes but every house had one of these

Ah! The element of surprise
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18354 on: June 23, 2019, 12:12:23 PM »

Yes but every house had one of these

Did you ever try to record your favourite songs from Top of the Pops on one of those without Tony Blackburn's intro or your dad shouting "Make a cup of tea Ju" spoiling it?

The older I get, the better I was.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18355 on: June 23, 2019, 12:15:55 PM »

Rick

there is banging around

I would guess we’ve all had domestics where to an outsider, not knowing the context it could sound 1000% worse than it is. Should every situation be reported to the police? Like I said, they are going to be very very busy if so.

Ultimately what has boris’s private bust up with his Mrs got to do with us or The Guardian?

Because if its overheard which is was, however unluckily for him, its a potential issue for a probable PM with a very chequered past in terms of character and behaviour (not that this seems to matter to his supporters, cf Trump)

Any newspaper is going to take the scoop, and many neighbours are going to be concerned in the circumstances in modern day society. That applies if there is ultimately no story or not

My eyes are open wide
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #18356 on: June 23, 2019, 12:21:19 PM »

Rick

there is banging around

We weren't there.  When we were in London the armed police rocked up at the flat opposite and threatened to smash the door down (we didn't call them).   Fella had smashed his girlfriend up and was threatening her with a knife.   I tend to err on the side of caution, but think I intervene more than most.   I think the only issue here is should it have gone to the press and it seems legitimate.  I'd probably record the argument if I was genuinely worried and wasn't so shit with my phone.

And the witness states he knocked on the door 3 times and another neighbour implied it was pretty serious.  If the door isn't answered, he can't diffuse the situation that way.

Boris is pretty Teflon, as is Trump, and we don't get a vote, so dare say it makes no difference.   It isn't like it is worse than we know already.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #18357 on: June 23, 2019, 12:41:05 PM »

Rick

there is banging around

We weren't there.  When we were in London the armed police rocked up at the flat opposite and threatened to smash the door down (we didn't call them).   Fella had smashed his girlfriend up and was threatening her with a knife.   I tend to err on the side of caution, but think I intervene more than most.   I think the only issue here is should it have gone to the press and it seems legitimate.  I'd probably record the argument if I was genuinely worried and wasn't so shit with my phone.

And the witness states he knocked on the door 3 times and another neighbour implied it was pretty serious.  If the door isn't answered, he can't diffuse the situation that way.

Boris is pretty Teflon, as is Trump, and we don't get a vote, so dare say it makes no difference.   It isn't like it is worse than we know already.

The police found no issue. Given that why did the neighbour decide to go to the guardian other than political reasons when it was a domestic incident?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18358 on: June 23, 2019, 12:52:55 PM »

The decision to go to the press is a different one to calling the police

Not as cut and dried of course, and more questionable

Still, he's in the final two to be PM.

Public interest a pretty persuasive argument in a modern society where anything can be filmed, recorded.

Of course privacy arguments counter that, but any newspaper is taking it and running with it surely?

My eyes are open wide
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #18359 on: June 23, 2019, 12:55:00 PM »

The reason influencing is successful? People are so gullible. Or simply happy to go along with the influencing.

How do we know this is a non story? Let me break it down. Err the press listened to the recording and the biggest juiciest quote was “get off me”

Boris prob goes in for consolidating hug and mrs says “get off me”. OMG call the cops.

Faced with zilch the leftie media start talking instead in general terms about women in danger and lefties on here about unconnected past behaviours. They are literally “staggered” that folk aren’t gnashing their teeth and running around cos of somebody saying “get off me”

Pages: 1 ... 1220 1221 1222 1223 [1224] 1225 1226 1227 1228 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: