blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:10:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1300 1301 1302 1303 [1304] 1305 1306 1307 1308 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2195478 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19545 on: August 08, 2019, 09:15:15 AM »

More Newsnight

“Experts we’ve spoken to say that in a worst case scenario up to 45 thousand dairy cattle could be culled in the event of a no-deal Brexit.”

UK Correspondent  says “culling is very real prospect” and could happen within weeks of the UK leaving the EU

https://twitter.com/BBCNewsnight/status/1159219396713181185?s=20

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19546 on: August 08, 2019, 09:16:19 AM »

Pizza chain Domino's has spent £7 million ($8.5 million) to stockpile imported ingredients that might not be available if Britain crashes out of the European Union

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/08/06/business/dominos-stockpiling-ingredients-gbr-intl-scli/index.html

Perhaps it might be said they are covering their bases?

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19547 on: August 08, 2019, 09:36:24 AM »

This autumn, politics is going to be dominated by two very different men both called Dominic, as the battle for Brexit draws closer to the 31 October deadline

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/foreign-affairs/brexit/analysis/105805/analysis-battle-between-two-dominics-lies-heart

My eyes are open wide
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #19548 on: August 08, 2019, 09:36:59 AM »

Pizza chain Domino's has spent £7 million ($8.5 million) to stockpile imported ingredients that might not be available if Britain crashes out of the European Union

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/08/06/business/dominos-stockpiling-ingredients-gbr-intl-scli/index.html

Perhaps it might be said they are covering their bases?

Yep, give you that one! With a cheesy grin, of course....

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #19549 on: August 08, 2019, 10:01:00 AM »

More Newsnight

“Experts we’ve spoken to say that in a worst case scenario up to 45 thousand dairy cattle could be culled in the event of a no-deal Brexit.”

UK Correspondent  says “culling is very real prospect” and could happen within weeks of the UK leaving the EU

Expert Farmer: Up to 45,000 cows could be slaughtered

Interviewer: Are you planning to slaughter any cows?

Expert Farmer: No

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19550 on: August 08, 2019, 10:33:21 AM »

I used to love this thread. I still can't help reading it every day, but now it depresses me. It seems like a microcosm of everything that's wrong with the country.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #19551 on: August 08, 2019, 12:30:37 PM »

More Newsnight

There are 1.9MM dairy cows in the UK. The cull would reduce that by 2.4%

https://dairy.ahdb.org.uk/market-information/farming-data/cow-numbers/eu-cow-numbers/#.XUwHVhrTWf0

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #19552 on: August 08, 2019, 12:43:20 PM »

More Newsnight

There are 1.9MM dairy cows in the UK. The cull would reduce that by 2.4%

https://dairy.ahdb.org.uk/market-information/farming-data/cow-numbers/eu-cow-numbers/#.XUwHVhrTWf0

The relevant figure is this instance though is the 310,700 dairy cows in NI. The proposed cull is a huge dent in that number.

On the Mantis point, Robert Goodwill doesn’t have anything to do with the need for NI farmers to cull their cattle. His opinion is entirely worthless, the only people whose view counts at all is the farmers who will need to carry out the cull. They may feel there’s a benefit to lying to apply leverage away from ‘no deal’, which will devastate their business, we don’t have any insight on that.

MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #19553 on: August 08, 2019, 12:55:49 PM »

I accept that the only opinion that matters is the farmers who will carry out the cull

Can anybody provide a link to the names of those farmers and/or the culling schedule?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #19554 on: August 08, 2019, 01:26:24 PM »

I accept that the only opinion that matters is the farmers who will carry out the cull

Can anybody provide a link to the names of those farmers and/or the culling schedule?

Back to not being able to tell if you’re trying to be serious. Why would the names of the farmers ever be made public? Why would they publish a culling schedule?

Most likely scenario is still that at some stage Boris realises the EU won’t back down, realises Cummings is a bit of a psycho and has led him astray, soils himself and begs for another extension, then we have a GE. (As discussed, it’s better for him politically if parliament blocks no deal (likely) or the EU backs down (unlikely imo).
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 01:36:20 PM by kukushkin88 » Logged
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #19555 on: August 08, 2019, 01:47:32 PM »

.... (As discussed, it’s better for him politically if parliament blocks no deal (likely) or the EU backs down (unlikely imo).

Johnson's strategy could be to push ahead with no deal no matter what then either win the General Election because he delivered on Brexit (and blame Europe for the subsequent recession); or lose the General Election but win the one after that after blaming Labour for the recession.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #19556 on: August 08, 2019, 02:08:19 PM »

Merely putting focus on the speculative nature of this rhetoric

There will be food shortages and panic but actually when pressed same expert says business is nimble, solutions found, collaborative efforts so in fact no need for panic

There will be mass culling but actually which farmer is committed to planning for culling? Nobody is because solutions will be found etc Yet we say it’s only the farmer’s actions that’s credible

Hasn’t it been interesting how negative speculation has huge traction but when people talk about optimism, opportunity and the collaborative solutions that is going to be actual reality it’s all fantasy, unicorns and fairytales

The tremendous self doubt has been a huge millstone from the start imo. It’s a cancer that’s plagued ever aspect of negotiations and planning. This schizz is getting real so time to start dealing in facts and real planning. Not worst case stories if business wasn’t nimble and there are no solutions and no collaborative efforts were made and no other trade deals completed and we all sat there just wah wah wahing

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #19557 on: August 08, 2019, 03:23:49 PM »

Northern Irish dairy farmers say they’ll have to cull ~15% of dairy cattle in a no deal scenario, they provide absolutely sound reasons for why, you call it speculative rhetoric.

The total asshat of a PM bleats some vague (laughably called optimistic) nonsense about everything being fine, we know this contradicts all of the governments own analysis, you think it’s great.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #19558 on: August 08, 2019, 04:01:10 PM »

tbf it’s very amazing how project fear started with predicted meltdown of civilised society, no medicine or food, panicked people running into sea...

...and now it’s some dairy farmers in NI might need to cull up to 15% of cows

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #19559 on: August 08, 2019, 04:17:57 PM »

tbf it’s very amazing how project fear started with predicted meltdown of civilised society, no medicine or food, panicked people running into sea...

...and now it’s some dairy farmers in NI might need to cull up to 15% of cows

That’s just bollocks though isn’t. The potential worst case was presented and work has been done to mitigate against it ever since, yet still they say it will be catastrophic. The NI dairy farmer’s having their industry destroyed is a tiny drop in the ocean.
Pages: 1 ... 1300 1301 1302 1303 [1304] 1305 1306 1307 1308 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: