blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:57:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1304 1305 1306 1307 [1308] 1309 1310 1311 1312 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2197529 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19605 on: August 10, 2019, 08:25:11 AM »

and finally late last night sterling fell significantly, again, to multi year closing lows against both dollar and euro - the vast bulk of its trade-weighted strength...

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #19606 on: August 10, 2019, 09:47:57 AM »

And just to add to all that I just got a pop up from The Telegraph with bad news about our morning fry up

Sadly bacon will be off the menu as there’ll be a shortage. Boooo.

But you’ll be able to have an extra sausage as there’ll be a surplus. Yayyy.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #19607 on: August 10, 2019, 12:39:57 PM »

And just to add to all that I just got a pop up from The Telegraph with bad news about our morning fry up

Sadly bacon will be off the menu as there’ll be a shortage. Boooo.

But you’ll be able to have an extra sausage as there’ll be a surplus. Yayyy.

Having no bacon is the most upsetting news to come from project fear so far Sad

Ah! The element of surprise
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #19608 on: August 10, 2019, 04:00:46 PM »

Upsetting yes but if we assess the full English components overall we should be seeing stability, even growth. The sausage mountain will counterbalance the bacon shortage, eggs will be plentiful due to huge export tariffs, hash browns will be imported from USA with new trade deal, mushrooms can be grown in laboratories thanks to the new scientist immigration policy, tomatoes from English greenhouses and of course plenty of milk for a cuppa from NI. We may see the price of croissants increase but that will only affect areas in the south of England.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #19609 on: August 10, 2019, 04:48:51 PM »

Seriously? He is facing tarffs of 40% on 80% of his business and he isn't bothered?  He doesn't sound very level headed at all, sounds like a moron in fact.

I'm sure he would swap your money for his in a heartbeat, he is that moronic.....

Didn't you say that all the construction industry bosses were unanimously bullish about no deal a few weeks ago?  I hope you haven't given them credit.

The government has drawn up a secret list of big British employers that are considered to be most at risk of collapse and the construction and manufacturing sectors are expected to be the worst affected, Times said.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-bailout/johnson-eyes-fund-to-help-businesses-at-risk-of-post-brexit-collapse-the-times-idUKKCN1UZ2CQ
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #19610 on: August 10, 2019, 05:51:42 PM »

Seriously? He is facing tarffs of 40% on 80% of his business and he isn't bothered?  He doesn't sound very level headed at all, sounds like a moron in fact.

I'm sure he would swap your money for his in a heartbeat, he is that moronic.....

Didn't you say that all the construction industry bosses were unanimously bullish about no deal a few weeks ago?  I hope you haven't given them credit.

The government has drawn up a secret list of big British employers that are considered to be most at risk of collapse and the construction and manufacturing sectors are expected to be the worst affected, Times said.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-bailout/johnson-eyes-fund-to-help-businesses-at-risk-of-post-brexit-collapse-the-times-idUKKCN1UZ2CQ

Not sure I said I spoke to ALL and they were UNANIMOUSLY bullish. If you are going to try and quote to make me look foolish, at least use the same language.

But yes, the circle I was moving in were relaxed about the situation at that time.

As with everything on this subject, it seems the miserable sods in this country want to jump on bad news and almost wish it upon us all, just so they can gloat about"I told you so". A very strange position for a good proportion of the country to hold. If we go down, we all go down together! Cool

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #19611 on: August 10, 2019, 06:55:14 PM »

Is anyone on no deal @ 1M/1?

What price do we think it is now?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #19612 on: August 10, 2019, 07:54:26 PM »

Mu new hobby has become reading the comments section when an "anti Brexit" story is published. It's become hilarious and makes me feel a million dollars.

The BBC had posted that the UK economy had contracted by 0.2%.

Dave from Skeggy, who's profile pic is the logo of the Brexit Party, ignored the article and said "Who cares, we will get to make our own laws now and I retire now"

Chad from Grimsby "At least we will be able to get rid of the eastern europeans"

Sally "I don't care about this, we voted to leave so lets leave"

It's absolutely comical.

I feel like a scientist.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #19613 on: August 10, 2019, 08:02:12 PM »

It’s way too short now I think, the price has been caught up in the media normalising of the possibility and Boris/Gove’s bleating but the enormity of the downside hasn’t changed and so I still see it as highly unlikely. Ultimately , I think if nothing comes along to change the dynamic the UK backs down. The Irish border is still a complicating factor because it means the EU can’t back down, even if they did feel that preventing the UK self harming was the correct course of action.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #19614 on: August 10, 2019, 10:03:14 PM »

It’s way too short now I think, the price has been caught up in the media normalising of the possibility and Boris/Gove’s bleating but the enormity of the downside hasn’t changed and so I still see it as highly unlikely. Ultimately , I think if nothing comes along to change the dynamic the UK backs down. The Irish border is still a complicating factor because it means the EU can’t back down, even if they did feel that preventing the UK self harming was the correct course of action.

Wait a minute! There's a downside to Brexit? Why hasn't anybody mentioned this?

MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #19615 on: August 11, 2019, 07:06:57 AM »

Boris announces tougher law and order measures including wider reaching stop and search powers

Police welcome the news which will help them tackle the knife crime epidemic plaguing our country

Of course the EU loathe stop and search and wouldn’t allow this. Another advantage of Brexit.

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #19616 on: August 11, 2019, 08:48:24 AM »

Boris announces tougher law and order measures including wider reaching stop and search powers

Police welcome the news which will help them tackle the knife crime epidemic plaguing our country

Of course the EU loathe stop and search and wouldn’t allow this. Another advantage of Brexit.

Of course it is completely untrue to say that the EU has control over UK stop and search laws/legislation/powers. The ECHR did adjudicate on the police illegally using terrorist legislation to stop and search journalists in the UK in 2010.

https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/SN03878/SN03878.pdf
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19617 on: August 11, 2019, 09:01:09 AM »

Rubbish and you know it’s rubbish, you are just trolling.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #19618 on: August 11, 2019, 09:02:32 AM »

I think stuff like this is a key component of the problem, lying about the EU is just such a deeply entrenched part of British life.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19619 on: August 11, 2019, 09:34:31 AM »

Trucks full of food and medicines could be flown into UK on cargo planes as part of ministers' no-deal Brexit plans

(link: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/08/10/trucks-full-food-medicines-could-flown-uk-cargo-planes-part)

Governments having to distribute aid packages because of their own policies isn’t typically a good sign.

on to the sunlit uplands we go though

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 1304 1305 1306 1307 [1308] 1309 1310 1311 1312 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: