blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:04:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1334 1335 1336 1337 [1338] 1339 1340 1341 1342 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180371 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #20055 on: August 28, 2019, 01:54:42 PM »

Powerful stuff from
@lewis_goodall
 - "a profoundly dangerous moment for British democracy"

https://news.sky.com/story/sky-views-both-brexit-tribes-believe-the-other-is-plotting-a-parliamentary-coup-11795803

This is very good.

Yes. It's good that. Where does a solution lie since there seems no appetite for the compromise that is represented by something like May's deal.

All sides are getting too polarised; I don't think there is much wrong with May's deal if we must Brexit.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #20056 on: August 28, 2019, 02:06:08 PM »

Loving all the "afront to democracy" statements from the very people that want to stop a democratically voted for Brexit.

Hmm.

Hmm.

Maybe read the earlier link to the Sky article which looks at it from both sides.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #20057 on: August 28, 2019, 02:27:13 PM »

Powerful stuff from
@lewis_goodall

https://news.sky.com/story/sky-views-both-brexit-tribes-believe-the-other-is-plotting-a-parliamentary-coup-11795803

This is very good.

Yes. It's good that. Where does a solution lie since there seems no appetite for the compromise that is represented by something like May's deal.

All sides are getting too polarised; I don't think there is much wrong with May's deal if we must Brexit.   

Yep. I'd quite like to see a vote in parl between revoke and mays deal

sola virtus nobilitat
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #20058 on: August 28, 2019, 02:27:27 PM »

Powerful stuff from
@lewis_goodall

This is very good.

The absolute divisiveness of the referendum leaves no middle-ground for any kind of compromise.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #20059 on: August 28, 2019, 03:31:27 PM »

I’m looking forward to the upcoming election when some of the parties that are concerned about the integrity of our democracy are likely to agree not to stand in certain constituencies, denying the public a choice across all political views.

Real democracy in action.

Every side is wanting to perform their own personal affront to democracy right now.

Agreed but when you listen to the likes of Corbyn, Caroline Lucas, Dominic Grieve and the overall tone of remain supporting politicians, you get the impression they think they occupy the moral high ground.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #20060 on: August 28, 2019, 03:41:46 PM »

I’m looking forward to the upcoming election when some of the parties that are concerned about the integrity of our democracy are likely to agree not to stand in certain constituencies, denying the public a choice across all political views.

Every side is wanting to perform their own personal affront to democracy right now.

Agreed but when you listen to the likes of Corbyn, Caroline Lucas, Dominic Grieve and the overall tone of remain supporting politicians, you get the impression they think they occupy the moral high ground.

If you listen to the other side, there isn't a lot of difference.   

If it is ok to close parliament to pursue no deal then surely they can just accept the May deal?  There is a parliamentary majority against both, but the vote is closer on the May deal.   Why the need to take the most destructive path?   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #20061 on: August 28, 2019, 04:02:53 PM »

If you listen to the other side, there isn't a lot of difference.   

If it is ok to close parliament to pursue no deal then surely they can just accept the May deal?  There is a parliamentary majority against both, but the vote is closer on the May deal.   Why the need to take the most destructive path?   

They should have but party politics came before national interest didn't it?

Ironic that remain MP's may actual help facilitate a more extreme Brexit by voting against a compromise. ERG must be laughing their bollocks off.

When the relative middle ground is rejected its only going to lead to more extreme options.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #20062 on: August 28, 2019, 04:50:35 PM »

Keep calm because we are still negotiating. It was widely accepted that if EU blink it’d be lastminute.com

It’s not taking the most destructive path it’s appearing to be prepared to

The art of negotiation has befuddled and betwixt Remain from the outset

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #20063 on: August 28, 2019, 07:39:31 PM »

Well I must admit that I never saw a preemptive perogi coming

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #20064 on: August 28, 2019, 07:48:35 PM »

He needs there to be time for people to pull him out of the hole, so he has to go early. Would be gold if everyone holds their ground (spoiler alert: he has to back down.)

I could also see the EU deciding that the deadline can be extended if a member doesn’t have a sitting parliament and refuses to communicate on an ambiguous situation, like for example the border. The UN Security Council should be interested now.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #20065 on: August 28, 2019, 08:02:15 PM »

He needs there to be time for people to pull him out of the hole, so he has to go early. Would be gold if everyone holds their ground (spoiler alert: he has to back down.)

I could also see the EU deciding that the deadline can be extended if a member doesn’t have a sitting parliament and refuses to communicate on an ambiguous situation, like for example the border. The UN Security Council should be interested now.

Mind you don’t cut yourself on those straws you’re clutching.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #20066 on: August 28, 2019, 08:07:13 PM »

Mind you don’t cut yourself on those straws you’re clutching.

😊 I’m relaxed about it. I think nothing would benefit this country more than the end of the Conservative Party, we have the right man for the job now. He still probably gets the GE, seems he might call it on 05/09.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #20067 on: August 28, 2019, 08:19:01 PM »

I’ll give you a spoiler alert buddy. The EU won’t extend the deadline. Chiefly because they are bored to absolute fuck with Brexit.

Another spoiler. Almost everybody is bored to absolute fuck with Brexit. Everybody just wants to move on.

What benefits the country right now is a PM who grasps the nettle after 3+yrs of malaise and indecision. Wp Boris

Looking forward to watching the news without that unemployed/homeless shouting Stopppppp Brexittttt.

Remain need to just bore off now.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #20068 on: August 28, 2019, 08:28:02 PM »

I’ll give you a spoiler alert buddy. The EU won’t extend the deadline. Chiefly because they are bored to absolute fuck with Brexit.

Another spoiler. Almost everybody is bored to absolute fuck with Brexit. Everybody just wants to move on.

What benefits the country right now is a PM who grasps the nettle after 3+yrs of malaise and indecision. Wp Boris

Looking forward to watching the news without that unemployed/homeless shouting Stopppppp Brexittttt.

Kinda weird to be unhappy about being called a simpleton and then post that, you can’t have it both ways.

(sorry Tighty)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #20069 on: August 28, 2019, 08:35:02 PM »

Kinda weird to be unhappy about being called a simpleton and then post that, you can’t have it both ways.

(sorry Tighty)

Starting the name calling again sniffy? 
Pages: 1 ... 1334 1335 1336 1337 [1338] 1339 1340 1341 1342 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: