blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:15:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1343 1344 1345 1346 [1347] 1348 1349 1350 1351 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2197930 times)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #20190 on: September 01, 2019, 01:32:44 PM »

No deal planning has been disrupted by the legal challenges, obstructing, demonstrations, and even more precious time wasted endlessly debating. If you don’t have a destination in mind (and we didn’t due to remainer May and tactical voters) and resources are spread thinly planning will be hampered.

Even this latest ‘new revelation’ that supply chain will be disrupted is just wah wahing rather than planning to combat that certainty. If demand remains but supply reduces by 60% non uk businesses will be falling over themselves to fill that hole. If not this obesity riddled, wasteful, consumption crazy country of ours will have a mildly inconvenient choice of fewer snack items.The horror.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20191 on: September 01, 2019, 01:42:48 PM »

NEW: Retail industry rejects Michael Gove marr claim on No Deal shortages of fresh food.

“It is categorically untrue that the supply of fresh food will be unaffected under a no deal Brexit.

The retail industry has been crystal clear in its communications with Government over the past 36 months that the availability of fresh foods will be impacted as a result of checks and delays at the border. Indeed, the Government’s own assessments showed that the flow of goods through the channel crossings could be reduced by 40-60% from day 1, as would the “availability and choice” of some foods.

It is impossible to mitigate fully as neither retailers nor consumers can stockpile fresh foods..no deal Brexit in Oct would present worst of all worlds...Retailers preparing for Christmas, stretching already limited warehousing capacity, & UK importing majority of fresh food from EU”

British Retail Consortium spokesperson, saying industry has been clear for 3 years

Yes we are aware there might be less choice of some items for a period of time, we’ve known this for at least 3 years, next please we don’t need to keep hearing the same stuff over and over.....

If gove keeps being disingenuous, at best, and if that is countered by trade bodies then you will hear both sides of it thanks very much

Just because its inconvenient to unicorn lovers who refuse to accept the consequences of their votes, I won't stop banging away

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #20192 on: September 01, 2019, 01:46:09 PM »

NEW: Retail industry rejects Michael Gove marr claim on No Deal shortages of fresh food.

“It is categorically untrue that the supply of fresh food will be unaffected under a no deal Brexit.

The retail industry has been crystal clear in its communications with Government over the past 36 months that the availability of fresh foods will be impacted as a result of checks and delays at the border. Indeed, the Government’s own assessments showed that the flow of goods through the channel crossings could be reduced by 40-60% from day 1, as would the “availability and choice” of some foods.

It is impossible to mitigate fully as neither retailers nor consumers can stockpile fresh foods..no deal Brexit in Oct would present worst of all worlds...Retailers preparing for Christmas, stretching already limited warehousing capacity, & UK importing majority of fresh food from EU”

British Retail Consortium spokesperson, saying industry has been clear for 3 years

Yes we are aware there might be less choice of some items for a period of time, we’ve known this for at least 3 years, next please we don’t need to keep hearing the same stuff over and over.....

If gove keeps being disingenuous, at best, and if that is countered by trade bodies then you will hear both sides of it thanks very much

Just because its inconvenient to unicorn lovers who refuse to accept the consequences of their votes, I won't stop banging away

You are honestly just wasting your time, we all know, tell us something new we don’t  talktothehand
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #20193 on: September 01, 2019, 01:54:33 PM »

The retail industry have been banging on about supply chain disruptions for 3 years?

Now just a few weeks away the disruption is predicted at 60%?

What was the disruption predicted 3 years ago? 60%?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20194 on: September 01, 2019, 03:14:21 PM »

As a diabetic, high blood pressure, cholesterol transplant receipient , I have taken the time to research that I will still be getting free flow of the many(20) drugs/tablets I take a take. I may not get the same brand as I currently get, but the supply is plentiful and will continue to be so. Its telling(seems to be todays buzz word) that we are still relying on newspaper articles from Professors in medicine rather than, as some has said, the supply chain management, to find ways to enhance our narrative.

I still haven't heard a remainer answer the long outstanding question about why they are so determined to stay in an EU that s clearly desperate to keep us in for our money/resources/knowledge, that is slowly falling apart. Its all about the  now.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #20195 on: September 01, 2019, 03:24:38 PM »

As a diabetic, high blood pressure, cholesterol transplant receipient , I have taken the time to research that I will still be getting free flow of the many(20) drugs/tablets I take a take. I may not get the same brand as I currently get, but the supply is plentiful and will continue to be so. Its telling(seems to be todays buzz word) that we are still relying on newspaper articles from Professors in medicine rather than, as some has said, the supply chain management, to find ways to enhance our narrative.

I still haven't heard a remainer answer the long outstanding question about why they are so determined to stay in an EU that s clearly desperate to keep us in for our money/resources/knowledge, that is slowly falling apart. Its all about the  now.

This is exchange seems to happen about once a week. There are loads of positives for staying:

https://smallbusinessprices.co.uk/remain-eu/

We haven’t heard a credible benefit of leaving. Hope for the best, it might not be horrific is the extent of the optimism now.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20196 on: September 01, 2019, 03:39:01 PM »

Some absolute belters in there, including a lot of ways in which we get our own money back and wishlists on cutting emmissions/landfill etc in a variety of industries, like we wouldn't be doing that ourselves anyway.

Fuck me, I'm convinced, lets stay after all.

The clincher was a pet passport......

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #20197 on: September 01, 2019, 03:42:05 PM »

Some absolute belters in there, including a lot of ways in which we get our own money back and wishlists on cutting emmissions/landfill etc in a variety of industries, like we wouldn't be doing that ourselves anyway.

You beat me to it!

Not to mention that some of the areas that required help ‘from the EU’ like South Wales, Yorkshire and Teesside might not have needed the help has EU rules not prevented government assistance for industries like steel.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #20198 on: September 01, 2019, 03:58:42 PM »

You beat me to it!

Not to mention that some of the areas that required help ‘from the EU’ like South Wales, Yorkshire and Teesside might not have needed the help has EU rules not prevented government assistance for industries like steel.

Is it really the EU that’s the limiting factor in state aid? Seems like it’s largely down to government choice.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-41392469
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #20199 on: September 01, 2019, 04:12:01 PM »

There are 98 reasons. I’m sure it’s an imperfect list but it really isn’t that bad, let’s say we can dismiss half of them. That still stacks up well against nothing.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #20200 on: September 01, 2019, 04:14:35 PM »

What seems to be constantly forgotten is that leave voters all knew there would be short term economic consequences of leaving.

That was made clear time and time again by remain. Despite this, like it or not, the public voted to leave.

The short term economic arguments are a complete red herring. It’s about our long term position outside the EU. This seems to be ignored in the current debate. I have a feeling we won’t starve.  
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #20201 on: September 01, 2019, 04:23:48 PM »

What seems to be constantly forgotten is that leave voters all knew there would be short term economic consequences of leaving.

That was made clear time and time again by remain. Despite this, like it or not, the public voted to leave.

The short term economic arguments are a complete red herring. It’s about our long term position outside the EU. This seems to be ignored in the current debate. I have a feeling we won’t starve.  

I think ‘short term’ looks like being decades and there’s certainly no suggestion that anything improves from leaving. We’ll just be small and at the mercy of the relatively massive trading blocs. We’ll need to rejoin as quickly as possible, hopefully the EU will make adopting the euro a condition of rejoining.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #20202 on: September 01, 2019, 04:38:59 PM »

If the remain position is there isn't a single good reason to leave it's unsurprising we haven't made headway over the last 3yrs.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #20203 on: September 01, 2019, 05:24:16 PM »

Is there any update on turkey dinosaurs, frozen wedges and baked beans ?

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #20204 on: September 01, 2019, 05:32:50 PM »

Is there any update on turkey dinosaurs, frozen wedges and baked beans ?

Actually, where do green beans and bananas come from - I think they're the only fresh food I eat that I would miss if I couldn't get them.

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 1343 1344 1345 1346 [1347] 1348 1349 1350 1351 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: