blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:17:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1344 1345 1346 1347 [1348] 1349 1350 1351 1352 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2198506 times)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #20205 on: September 01, 2019, 05:57:38 PM »

Waitrose do a wide selection of frozen fruit which is a better option. Frozen cherries with muesli (dry goods) plenty NI moo cow milk and Colombian coffee is my usual breakfast staple. At first I had to steady myself that my odd choc au pain morning treat might be under threat but Oswaldo who works in patisserie says they’re baked fresh in store most days.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #20206 on: September 01, 2019, 05:58:09 PM »

NEW: Retail industry rejects Michael Gove marr claim on No Deal shortages of fresh food.

“It is categorically untrue that the supply of fresh food will be unaffected under a no deal Brexit.

The retail industry has been crystal clear in its communications with Government over the past 36 months that the availability of fresh foods will be impacted as a result of checks and delays at the border. Indeed, the Government’s own assessments showed that the flow of goods through the channel crossings could be reduced by 40-60% from day 1, as would the “availability and choice” of some foods.

It is impossible to mitigate fully as neither retailers nor consumers can stockpile fresh foods..no deal Brexit in Oct would present worst of all worlds...Retailers preparing for Christmas, stretching already limited warehousing capacity, & UK importing majority of fresh food from EU”

British Retail Consortium spokesperson, saying industry has been clear for 3 years

Is there any update on turkey dinosaurs, frozen wedges and baked beans ?

Actually, where do green beans and bananas come from - I think they're the only fresh food I eat that I would miss if I couldn't get them.

Not the EU......
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20207 on: September 01, 2019, 06:30:50 PM »

Waitrose do a wide selection of frozen fruit which is a better option. Frozen cherries with muesli (dry goods) plenty NI moo cow milk and Colombian coffee is my usual breakfast staple. At first I had to steady myself that my odd choc au pain morning treat might be under threat but Oswaldo who works in patisserie says they’re baked fresh in store most days.

Sounds pretty glycaemic indexy to me.

The older I get, the better I was.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #20208 on: September 01, 2019, 06:59:12 PM »

Sounds pretty glycaemic indexy to me.

Cheesy

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #20209 on: September 01, 2019, 07:02:24 PM »

The president of the RC of P himself

"we are not being honest as a country with the public about the potential risk of no deal when it comes to medicines"

that is as close as it comes to gospel, surely?

I go on about this as I am personally invested, and more worried than i would be otherwise, currently and more importantly (because what do i know, frankly) I have spoken to oncologists who are worried too

Not necessarily, is he a remainer or leaver? Does he have access to the inner workings of a Pharma company?

the former, no deal rather than remain/leave is his concern. here is an article he wrote in may https://www.rcplondon.ac.uk/news/brexit-wherever-next

the latter, i would assume he has very close relationships with the major suppliers of products his members use professionally

Why are we questioning such experts (broken record)? Surely his concerns are legitimate?

Why assume he has close relationships?

My experience of people in positions like that is the opposite, they don’t want to be seen to as being close to Pharma co’s

A relative of mine was president of one of the royal colleges a few years back, he is a remainer. If asked the question by the media what his views were (even if he didn’t really know) I know what his likely answer will be, and yes it would suit his view.

You naively assume that even ‘experts’ can’t be influenced by their own political agenda. I’m afraid you are wrong.

Frankly, the only person on here who can give even close to an accurate answer on the supply of medications is woodsy.
No royal physician or doctor is even going to get close to knowing
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20210 on: September 01, 2019, 08:08:29 PM »

What seems to be constantly forgotten is that leave voters all knew there would be short term economic consequences of leaving.

That was made clear time and time again by remain. Despite this, like it or not, the public voted to leave.

The short term economic arguments are a complete red herring. It’s about our long term position outside the EU. This seems to be ignored in the current debate. I have a feeling we won’t starve.  

I think ‘short term’ looks like being decades and there’s certainly no suggestion that anything improves from leaving. We’ll just be small and at the mercy of the relatively massive trading blocs. We’ll need to rejoin as quickly as possible, hopefully the EU will make adopting the euro a condition of rejoining.

Really?

You must have very little faith in your fellow Brits to think we are that pathetic.

The Swiss do ok and I suspect we are far more robust as a nation than they are.

Still you are moving to France so what do you care.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #20211 on: September 01, 2019, 10:35:14 PM »

Some absolute belters in there, including a lot of ways in which we get our own money back and wishlists on cutting emmissions/landfill etc in a variety of industries, like we wouldn't be doing that ourselves anyway.

Fuck me, I'm convinced, lets stay after all.

The clincher was a pet passport......

You beat me to it!

Not to mention that some of the areas that required help ‘from the EU’ like South Wales, Yorkshire and Teesside might not have needed the help has EU rules not prevented government assistance for industries like steel.

Is it really the EU that’s the limiting factor in state aid? Seems like it’s largely down to government choice.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-41392469

From your link...

Do the rules prevent support for the steel industry?
The EU Commission says too much steel is produced in Europe. As a result, it has been inclined to take a fairly tough line on state aid in this sector.
In 2016 for example, the commission ordered Belgium to recover 211m euros in illegal state aid it had given to its steel industry.
That does not mean all state aid is impossible, but the government would have to make a case that assistance was within the rules, or fell under one of the exemptions.
One possibility would be to argue that the steel industry was essential for national security, but it is far from clear the commission would accept that.

Government infrastructure projects could favour domestic steel, but that is currently not allowed under the EU Procurement Rules.

Let’s be clear on this. Steel making is part of this country’s DNA and the scale of the job losses, and their impact on the communities around them is significant. The EU are not solely responsible for the reduction in the industry, but they have made supporting it pretty tough.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #20212 on: September 01, 2019, 10:41:19 PM »

What seems to be constantly forgotten is that leave voters all knew there would be short term economic consequences of leaving.

That was made clear time and time again by remain. Despite this, like it or not, the public voted to leave.

The short term economic arguments are a complete red herring. It’s about our long term position outside the EU. This seems to be ignored in the current debate. I have a feeling we won’t starve.  

I think ‘short term’ looks like being decades and there’s certainly no suggestion that anything improves from leaving. We’ll just be small and at the mercy of the relatively massive trading blocs. We’ll need to rejoin as quickly as possible, hopefully the EU will make adopting the euro a condition of rejoining.

You just lost whatever small semblance of credibility that I might once have given you. The euro is a busted flush. There simply isn’t a way to have a common currency without having a common fiscal policy and that just can’t happen.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #20213 on: September 01, 2019, 10:48:11 PM »

You're right leave voters was warned of of the economic consequences. Hence, why they are labelled as stupid.

As for long term position, it's good to hope isn't it Rich? We can all hope that our economy gets back to flourishing, as it was in the EU, in many years time.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #20214 on: September 01, 2019, 11:40:13 PM »

You're right leave voters was warned of of the economic consequences. Hence, why they are labelled as stupid.

As for long term position, it's good to hope isn't it Rich? We can all hope that our economy gets back to flourishing, as it was in the EU, in many years time.

Life will go on. It is possible to prosper as an independent nation.

And yes it’s good to have hope and positivity. Positive people succeed.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #20215 on: September 02, 2019, 04:30:29 AM »

Thing is, life might not go on for those that are affected my medication shortages such as insulin and shortage of flu vaccine.

But hey, hope and positivity.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20216 on: September 02, 2019, 05:14:11 AM »

Oswaldo though.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20217 on: September 02, 2019, 07:20:40 AM »

Thing is, life might not go on for those that are affected my medication shortages such as insulin and shortage of flu vaccine.

But hey, hope and positivity.

Which other developed country suffers from lack of medication?

They aren't all in the European Union..

It really is funny listening to supposedly intelligent people talking about people dying in their masses because of this.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20218 on: September 02, 2019, 09:14:59 AM »

Oswaldo though.

He's probably been denied settled status by now.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #20219 on: September 02, 2019, 10:09:28 AM »

He’s Brazilian

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: 1 ... 1344 1345 1346 1347 [1348] 1349 1350 1351 1352 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: