blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:16:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1377 1378 1379 1380 [1381] 1382 1383 1384 1385 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2197076 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #20700 on: September 10, 2019, 06:03:25 PM »

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #20701 on: September 10, 2019, 07:01:58 PM »

Feel a bit more hopeful of a deal than a couple of days ago, especially after the Boris visit and speech in Dublin.

It stops Boris writing that letter /resigning or being carted off to Jail.

It means we leave (ish) on Halloween as promised.

Any concessions on the May/EU deal will surely give a huge incentive for MPs on all sides to vote it through mid October and finally move into the transitional phase.  #compromise !
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20702 on: September 10, 2019, 07:21:33 PM »

Evening.

Interesting how this has developed throughout the day.

I actually read some of this on the Eurotunnel and actually felt some collective protection towards those of us that do contribute on this thread. Its very easy to post a one or two word comment, or nearly 20,000 posts of smileys, but there are probably only 10 people on Blonde with whom I know their true feelings about Brexit.

Perhaps if more people had contributed the dialogue would never have got so personal, however, as Woodsey said to Aaron, he would happily meet for a beer at the cricket, with absolutely no malice or bitterness in the genuine offer. When shouted at, as displayed earlier, we all calm down and move along. No one is sat here sharpening a samurai sword(i think).

I saw Tikay in Brighton last year, and we talked over the fact that many of my posts are there, almost to generate interest. He knew that my intentions were genuinely in the interests of getting Blonde buzzing again. Mostly they do. Most are made tongue in cheek, until folk take things the wrong way and get all gnarly. Then I tend to get like it myself, but the original intention is only ever to have a bit of fun.

Lets be brutally honest, those guys that have piped up today have hardly been prolific in other areas of Blonde. That is not a statement looking for fight, but also its a bit rich to say you have stopped posting because of one thread. There are dozens of debate free, hassle free threads that you could involve yourself on but I was amazed to see so many posts by some of the names. It must have been a long time ago you stopped posting, long before this thread reflected the general state of affairs in the UK. Again, not a dig, but please don't blame 10 of us for getting a bit wild, if we are left in a vacuum.

Those have have made contributions outside of the usual gang, have always been treated with respect, unless they have just come on to slag us off, of course, but one off comments have been welcomed, as were those that were posted today.

Unlike Arthur, I am sure to be nobody fav character but at least I am honest, and try to keep the others honest, especially when they think they can just drop a bomb without substance. I have said on many occasions I don't understand all that is going on. Anyone here who claims they do, is lying, no one truely does. That by its very nature leads to disagreement, there are no right or wrong answers.

If truth be told, we are probably all, either side of the argument, so keen to see an end to it ourselves and nothing is currently happening to change views, but its killing time.

Apologies to those it upsets, but a bit like getting a video from a mate that you know contains something you will regret opening, you don't have to press open.....

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #20703 on: September 10, 2019, 07:38:44 PM »

Feel a bit more hopeful of a deal than a couple of days ago, especially after the Boris visit and speech in Dublin.

Any concessions on the May/EU deal will surely give a huge incentive for MPs on all sides to vote it through mid October and finally move into the transitional phase.  #compromise !

Do you really believe that a deal is going to happen before the deadline?

1) If Boris believed a deal was forthcoming he wouldn't be pressing for an election.

2) Whilst it looks like that election is coming, the EU will not give up any concessions. If a change of government is possible, they'll believe voiding Brexit is possible or at the very least a softer brexit.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20704 on: September 10, 2019, 07:41:25 PM »

What is interesting is the Chatter that he will stuff the DUP and go for a NI only backstop. Of course now he doesn't need their votes in Parliament, he is a lot freer to stiff them.

There are downsides. NI would be exempt from the UK’s trade deals. There’d have to be customs checks between NI and GB as well as checks between the EU single market (NI) and GB single market (not NI). It could be the first concrete step to a united Ireland.

But it might get a deal done

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #20705 on: September 10, 2019, 07:45:33 PM »

I was reading a post on Facebook where someone believes that it will all be concluded, but we are so far away from any sort of conclusion. I agree with Adz about wanting to see an end to it all, because the country can't stay stuck at this junction, but it's worrying to think that this could be very well going on well into next year.

If this extension happens, we will still be passing the book round until January.

If the extension happens, general election seeing a positive result for remain parties, be look at March extension

See above + referendum and the likelyhood of middle of 2020 to see that vote.

All frustrating to think & must be an end to it all soon. That's why we shouldn't be trying to block no deal (not that I want it), but also believe that if no solution is forthcoming to suitable exit that revoking A50 should also be on the table.

But now we have 5 weeks of nothing.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20706 on: September 10, 2019, 07:45:54 PM »

Meanwhile I noted this earlier, from a political editor

"A source inside Number 10 tells me the PM & Gove have said if Yellowhammer documents are released into is the public domain “Brexit is over” in cabinet meeting.

This would explain why MPs raised information suggesting Gov't is circumventing publishing the Yellowhammer docs"

After last night's vote deadline for handing over, plus WhatsApp from advisors, or being in contempt is 11am tomorrow

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20707 on: September 10, 2019, 08:20:36 PM »

"A source inside Number 10 tells me the PM & Gove have said if Yellowhammer documents are released into is the public domain “Brexit is over” in cabinet meeting.

This would explain why MPs raised information suggesting Gov't is circumventing publishing the Yellowhammer docs"

After last night's vote deadline for handing over, plus WhatsApp from advisors, or being in contempt is 11am tomorrow

Struggle to see why we are putting so much weight behind a document drawn up by some Whitehall stiffs.

People make deals, not scribes with a document to write.

Same as the Professor the other day. What does he actually know about the flow of tablets? Just because he knows what's in them doesn't mean he understands sales and logistics.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #20708 on: September 10, 2019, 10:10:08 PM »

This is just another attempt by the likes of Grieve and remainers to stop Brexit at all costs.

I imagine 90% of voters couldn’t give a fiddlers fart about the document. I’m sure if you are in the Westminster bubble it seems important.

Johnson will use all these things as a PR tool in the General Election and it looks like a tactic that is starting to bear fruit in the polls. And his offensive in this regard hasn’t really started yet.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #20709 on: September 10, 2019, 10:16:54 PM »

Struggle to see why we are putting so much weight behind a document drawn up by some Whitehall stiffs.

Same as the Professor the other day. What does he actually know about the flow of tablets? Just because he knows what's in them doesn't mean he understands sales and logistics.

What does the sales guy know about the impending changes to legislation under a no deal Brexit; I am not sure knowing how things used to work will be all you need to know if a no deal Brexit happens at the end of next month.   Surely each person will have their strengths and weaknesses on this, and the people writing the documents will have spent some time finsing out how things work in practice?

The reason I don't understand why this is so important is that many of the problems of a no deal Brexit must have been published already?  And if they weren't published in earlier Government documents, then surely some industry people, companies or consultants will have covered much of it?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #20710 on: September 10, 2019, 10:40:43 PM »

What is interesting is the Chatter that he will stuff the DUP and go for a NI only backstop. Of course now he doesn't need their votes in Parliament, he is a lot freer to stiff them.

There are downsides. NI would be exempt from the UK’s trade deals. There’d have to be customs checks between NI and GB as well as checks between the EU single market (NI) and GB single market (not NI). It could be the first concrete step to a united Ireland.

But it might get a deal done

There are upsides too...

Potentially good news for them Irish dairy cows.

Hopefully not all 45k will be slaughtered now.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20711 on: September 11, 2019, 07:01:28 AM »

What does the sales guy know about the impending changes to legislation under a no deal Brexit; I am not sure knowing how things used to work will be all you need to know if a no deal Brexit happens at the end of next month.   Surely each person will have their strengths and weaknesses on this, and the people writing the documents will have spent some time finsing out how things work in practice?

The reason I don't understand why this is so important is that many of the problems of a no deal Brexit must have been published already?  And if they weren't published in earlier Government documents, then surely some industry people, companies or consultants will have covered much of it?

What I am saying is that the Prof is not engaged in the flow of this as a business. The taxes, the documentation are the issues involved, not his knowledge of the product.

Do the Whitehall bods drawing up the numbers, for instance, even understand the INCO terms involved and the effect of, what we don't yet know will be on them on, imported /exported goods?

From the document you have posted ,plenty of deals are in place, yes a small percentage,but I suspect until some of the finer details are know about new trading laws, many can't be finally ratified.

Too many ifs and buts to put stock in a hypothetical document, certainly in an age of can do.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #20712 on: September 11, 2019, 08:31:56 AM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49657006

More election PR gold for Boris.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #20713 on: September 11, 2019, 09:01:49 AM »

That's the start of a formal leadership campaign right there.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20714 on: September 11, 2019, 10:20:31 AM »

Parliament suspension ruled 'unlawful'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-49661855

What, if anything, are the ramifications of this?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 1377 1378 1379 1380 [1381] 1382 1383 1384 1385 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: