blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:51:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1439 1440 1441 1442 [1443] 1444 1445 1446 1447 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2196129 times)
roshambo

View Profile
« Reply #21630 on: October 21, 2019, 03:24:16 PM »

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/10/20/stephen-lawrences-mother-claims-firefighters-tackling-grenfell/

How has this not had more coverage? Absolutely disgusting comment from a Labour Peer, I feel if this was from a Con member it would of been everywhere.

"Had that been a block full of white people, they’d have done everything to get them out as fast as possible and make sure that they did what they needed to do," she said, in an interview with Channel 4 News last week.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21631 on: October 21, 2019, 03:59:14 PM »

The Speaker rules that it would be “repetitive & disorderly” for the government to put Johnson’s Brexit Deal to a Meaningful Vote today.

On we go.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21632 on: October 21, 2019, 04:02:29 PM »

The Speaker rules that it would be “repetitive & disorderly” for the government to put Johnson’s Brexit Deal to a Meaningful Vote today.

On we go.

It's a powerful position that of speaker.

The older I get, the better I was.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21633 on: October 21, 2019, 04:09:37 PM »

He's right technically, as the Parliament rule is that there is no repetition of a bill in the same session (and the goverment made a mistake not going for the vote after the amendment on saturday)

However in the circumstances, fluid situation, time is short, I think I would rather have set a different precedent and allowed it. I don't think he is blocking, but that will be the leaver perception which i think is avoidable, or should have been

Anyway, from the EU

"The Brexit Steering Group met this afternoon to discuss the latest developments in the UK. We agreed to advise the Conference of Presidents to await the full ratification on the UK side before the Euro parliament votes on the deal. It’s now up to the UK Parliament to make their choice."

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21634 on: October 21, 2019, 04:15:10 PM »

Mind you (climbs onto high horse again)

the Brexit secretary is a complete bluffer

in his select committee evidence last week Barclay said he didn't think customs declarations would be required NI to GB and vice versa but that he would write to the committee clarifying.

A few minutes later he read out a correction saying: "The exit summary declarations will be required in terms of NI to GB."

This is an example why Letwin is so important. The actual Brexit Secretary effectively admitting he had no idea what it would mean in terms of NI Customs...Letwin gives us the time to understand implications and consider.

Economic assessment included.

Albeit Boris doesn't have time to consider the detail before he would like us out, if post 31 Oct the Brexit Party takes votes from him he needs for a majority.

My eyes are open wide
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #21635 on: October 21, 2019, 04:19:11 PM »

This is very good:

https://ukandeu.ac.uk/a-step-by-step-guide-to-the-withdrawal-agreement-bill/
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21636 on: October 21, 2019, 04:29:38 PM »

Lips Sealed

Chancellor Sajid Javid tells Treasury committee there is no detailed govt economic analysis of the new Brexit deal but says the benefits of restoring trust in democracy 'cannot be measured solely through spreadsheets or impact assessments, important though they are.'

Sums up the daily debate on here!

My eyes are open wide
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #21637 on: October 21, 2019, 04:43:11 PM »

He's right technically, as the Parliament rule is that there is no repetition of a bill in the same session (and the goverment made a mistake not going for the vote after the amendment on saturday)

However in the circumstances, fluid situation, time is short, I think I would rather have set a different precedent and allowed it. I don't think he is blocking, but that will be the leaver perception which i think is avoidable, or should have been

Yes I thought he might enjoy throwing a curve ball and allow it. No harm in thinking what's good for the country for once  Wink

Anyway it all kicks off for real tomorrow.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #21638 on: October 21, 2019, 04:51:17 PM »

When did they start having to give votes various grades and why is it that the one that matters has had to be escalated to 'meaningful'?

Couldn't they downgrade the others to 'meaningless' instead? That would be far easier to understand.

"We're having a meaningless vote today". Oh right I won't bother looking at the result then.

"We're having a vote tomorrow". Oh right I'll tune in.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #21639 on: October 21, 2019, 04:53:27 PM »

....and now at this moment,  the MP's are debating and responding to an urgent question by Corbyn on the particulars of the "Johnson letter" .......FFS  Roll Eyes

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21640 on: October 21, 2019, 04:54:09 PM »

the answer to that dates to 1604, and Erskine May which governs parliamentary terminology and procedures

if you would like a read....https://beta.parliament.uk/collections/QtZFZvT2

My eyes are open wide
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #21641 on: October 21, 2019, 05:14:56 PM »

On we go.

https://twitter.com/sturdyAlex/status/1186304106526363649

Olympic level petard hoisting.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21642 on: October 21, 2019, 05:28:26 PM »

On we go.

Worth reading the comments too.

Where I come from, we would refer this as being having his arse handed to him.

FEEL THAT BURNNNNNN MADDAFACKAAAZZZ

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #21643 on: October 21, 2019, 06:00:26 PM »

On we go.

I just don't think many people outside the abso convinced remainers see it like this - most people just see a strange little man, rather full of himself, trying to stop Brexit - it may be completely wrong but I think Boris and Co are playing a blinder in losing every vote and winning outside parliament. Even more nuanced observers would note his willingness to break convention at times being rarely in support of pursuing Brexit

sola virtus nobilitat
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #21644 on: October 21, 2019, 10:57:32 PM »

On we go.

I just don't think many people outside the abso convinced remainers see it like this - most people just see a strange little man, rather full of himself, trying to stop Brexit - it may be completely wrong but I think Boris and Co are playing a blinder in losing every vote and winning outside parliament. Even more nuanced observers would note his willingness to break convention at times being rarely in support of pursuing Brexit

There has to be an election soon doesn't there and surely the conservatives absolutely romp it?

I know lots of labour devotees who wouldn't dream of voting for labour now because of JC and his brexit antics. They seem to love Boris though.

I don't know of any regular conservative who voted remain and would now switch to labour because of JC just being a general bell end.

Out of interest is there anybody on here who voted conservative at the last election and would now switch to Labour?

Anybody normally labour who would now switch to conservative?

Perhaps another poll thread is needed to see where the blondes allegiance currently lies?

An election would surely just be throwing in the towel for remainers?

Everybody knows it's really a vote about Brexit but they also know that they can't vote for JC because of....... Well because he's JC.

In my opinion of course.....

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Pages: 1 ... 1439 1440 1441 1442 [1443] 1444 1445 1446 1447 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: