blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:36:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2199855 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2730 on: June 11, 2016, 10:01:01 AM »

Polling firm Ipsos MORI tested Britons’ knowledge of the EU. The results are mixed.

40% Brits don't know MEPs elected.

Overestimate migration by factor of 3.

Say 14% benefits go abroad v 0.3% actual

https://www.buzzfeed.com/albertonardelli/what-do-eu-know?utm_term=.pnBWJMV5QZ#.jbvqNKnk39

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: June 11, 2016, 10:18:50 AM »

Dyson talks nonsense

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/sir-james-dyson-so-if-we-leave-the-eu-no-one-will-trade-with-us/

If, as David Cameron suggested, they imposed a tariff of 10 per cent on us, we will do the same in return. We buy more from Europe than they buy from us, so we would be the net beneficiary and based on these numbers it would bring £10bn into the UK annually.

Yeah right why don't we increase vat to 50% and then we would be the richest country in the world.  The purchaser pays the tariff in the form of higher prices.  (And don't say the producer will absorb it as if they could get a 10% higher price for there goods, they would be charging that now.)

The problem with the EU’s free movement of people is that it doesn’t bring Dyson the brilliant boffins he needs. “We’re not allowed to employ them, unless they’re from the EU. At the moment, if we want to hire a foreign engineer, it takes four and a half months to go through the Home Office procedure. It’s crazy.”

I don't think that is anything to do with the EU, he should take it up with Theresa May.

His views on Brussels have been shaped by bitter experience. Dyson sits on several European committees. “And we’ve never once during 25 years ever got any clause or measure that we wanted into a European directive. Never once have we been able to block the slightest thing.”

Hell hath no fury like an inventor scorned

He says the much-trumpeted single market isn’t really a single market at all. “They have different languages which, for an exporter, means that everything from the box to the instruction manual has to be in a different language. The plugs are different. The laws are different. It’s not a single market.

And how will this change when we leave the EU?

I have filled in eu consultations on several regulations.   Though you don't get you own way on everything, to say they never listen is horse shit.   I'd say that most idiotic bits usually get removed in the final draft.  It is much like every other committee/board meeting the world over

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: June 11, 2016, 12:19:30 PM »

The idea that skilled migrants from non EU countries face obstacles whilst non-skilled EU migrants have free movement makes me anxious. Especially if we want to optimise the output of our country and max the GDP. But on top of that I heard a skilled Indian national fire this at Cameron..."So when you talk about immigration, it is all about geography and not equality?" I think that's a powerful concept and one that hasn't provoked much discussion. Yeah, we really do discriminate cos of geography don't we? Setting our own rules and treating all applications with equal consideration seems like a move forward for an outward looking country.

What also seems better is being able to pull up a seat in trade negotiations and cut our own deal. I think Made in Britain is a really strong brand, it resonates with quality and history. I bet there are lots of nations out there who would fist-pump the opportunity to cut thru the euro red tape and deal direct with us. More and more this whole deal sounds like a long dull marriage, George the husband unhappy, Mildred laying down all the rules and saying he'd never survive without her. But if George got a hair cut and some new threads, got active, got out there on the dating scene, he could find he's got the moves like Jagger!

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: June 11, 2016, 12:24:57 PM »

The idea that skilled migrants from non EU countries face obstacles whilst non-skilled EU migrants have free movement makes me anxious. Especially if we want to optimise the output of our country and max the GDP. But on top of that I heard a skilled Indian national fire this at Cameron..."So when you talk about immigration, it is all about geography and not equality?" I think that's a powerful concept and one that hasn't provoked much discussion. Yeah, we really do discriminate cos of geography don't we? Setting our own rules and treating all applications with equal consideration seems like a move forward for an outward looking country.

What also seems better is being able to pull up a seat in trade negotiations and cut our own deal. I think Made in Britain is a really strong brand, it resonates with quality and history. I bet there are lots of nations out there who would fist-pump the opportunity to cut thru the euro red tape and deal direct with us. More and more this whole deal sounds like a long dull marriage, George the husband unhappy, Mildred laying down all the rules and saying he'd never survive without her. But if George got a hair cut and some new threads, got active, got out there on the dating scene, he could find he's got the moves like Jagger!

Great post.  Made me chuckle but made some serious points well.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: June 11, 2016, 12:49:48 PM »

Haha. Frustrates the heck out of me that you can barely get time to finish the sentence before some wad shouts 'little englander' when the reverse is true

sola virtus nobilitat
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: June 11, 2016, 02:25:45 PM »

The idea that skilled migrants from non EU countries face obstacles whilst non-skilled EU migrants have free movement makes me anxious.

So the present position is that skilled and unskilled workers can come in from the EU unrestricted and the UK decides whether it wants to let skilled and unskilled workers enter from outside the EU. 

Leaving the single market would presumably mean that the UK could decide whether EU skilled and unskilled workers could enter the country. 

What exactly would that change do to "optimise the output of our country and max the GDP."?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: June 11, 2016, 03:02:49 PM »

The idea that skilled migrants from non EU countries face obstacles whilst non-skilled EU migrants have free movement makes me anxious.

So the present position is that skilled and unskilled workers and career criminals with no intention to work and pay tax can come in from the EU unrestricted and the UK decides whether it wants to let skilled and unskilled workers enter from outside the EU.  

Leaving the single market would presumably mean that the UK could decide whether EU skilled and unskilled workersand career criminals with no intention to work and pay tax  could enter the country.  

What exactly would that change do to "optimise the output of our country and max the GDP."?

FYP

It would probably help to reduce the pressure on the Police in the UK for a start.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: June 11, 2016, 03:12:06 PM »

So the present position is that skilled and unskilled workers and career criminals with no intention to work and pay tax can come in from the EU unrestricted and the UK decides whether it wants to let skilled and unskilled workers enter from outside the EU.  

Leaving the single market would presumably mean that the UK could decide whether EU skilled and unskilled workersand career criminals with no intention to work and pay tax  could enter the country.  

FYP

It would probably help to reduce the pressure on the Police in the UK for a start.

Drivel as usual
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: June 11, 2016, 03:21:47 PM »

FYP

Drivel as usual

I hate to get into these side of the debate but it would probably help out with housing, schooling, NHS. 

It would no doubt cut down on the number of street beggars and no doubt crime to an extent.  The UK homeless no longer even sell the big issue as this has been taken away by Romanian/Albanian gangs.  I know of beggars n Glasgow who I used to hand over a few quid to are scared to take  to the streets for the fear of being attacked. 

Then there ar other areas that are now like ghetto's Govanhill for example in the Southside of Glasgow is awash with petty crime from many of these migrants.  I have heard horror stories of 12/13 year old girls being pimped out.  These are from people who are local activists who's word I would never question. It's not from some right wing crazy who has never set foot inside a housing scheme. 

Mass migration is a massive problem but for as long as it's the focus of racists like Farage then the situation will never be debated or resolved properly. 
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: June 11, 2016, 03:34:27 PM »

FYP

Drivel as usual

I hate to get into these side of the debate but it would probably help out with housing, schooling, NHS. 

It would no doubt cut down on the number of street beggars and no doubt crime to an extent.  The UK homeless no longer even sell the big issue as this has been taken away by Romanian/Albanian gangs.  I know of beggars n Glasgow who I used to hand over a few quid to are scared to take  to the streets for the fear of being attacked. 

Then there ar other areas that are now like ghetto's Govanhill for example in the Southside of Glasgow is awash with petty crime from many of these migrants.  I have heard horror stories of 12/13 year old girls being pimped out.  These are from people who are local activists who's word I would never question. It's not from some right wing crazy who has never set foot inside a housing scheme. 

Mass migration is a massive problem but for as long as it's the focus of racists like Farage then the situation will never be debated or resolved properly. 

So do you plan to deport them or put them in camps?

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: June 11, 2016, 03:43:48 PM »

The one's who arent working and not contributing to society should be sent back to where they came from assuming it's within the EU.  Anyone who is claiming Asylum then they should be dealt with as the system dictates. 

What the fuck is the camp statement about, are you trying to bring a serious post to the equivalent or fascism? 
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: June 11, 2016, 03:48:36 PM »

The one's who arent working and not contributing to society should be sent back to where they came from assuming it's within the EU.  Anyone who is claiming Asylum then they should be dealt with as the system dictates. 

What the fuck is the camp statement about, are you trying to bring a serious post to the equivalent or fascism? 

go and chat with argue boy on some hate forum.  He's the one that brought up the issue.  The only thing you left out was

I have heard horror stories of 12/13 year old girls being pimped out to moslems
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: June 11, 2016, 04:17:09 PM »

go and chat with argue boy on some hate forum.  He's the one that brought up the issue.  The only thing you left out was

I have heard horror stories of 12/13 year old girls being pimped out to moslems

Give me peace.  You have been some fan boy for the EU all the way through this, so much so I thought you were just trolling people.  I don't think the Romanians/Albanians are too fussy who the pimp their young out to.  But I suppose in middle class suburbia you don't see such problems.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: June 11, 2016, 04:20:31 PM »

FYP

Drivel as usual

Seems pretty logical to me.  Why is it drivel?   Less criminals in the country must reduce pressure on the Police budget?  
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: June 11, 2016, 04:29:30 PM »

FYP

Drivel as usual

Seems pretty logical to me.  Why is it drivel?   Less criminals in the country must reduce pressure on the Police budget?  

rofl you amend my post to "all immigrants are criminals" and expect me to discuss it?

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: